Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Ken R. Sinervo

My mother and grandmother both had to have hysterectomies with intestinal resection in their thirties due to severe endometriosis. My symptoms started at 13 years old. Luckily, my incredible mother did her research and found Dr. Sinervo. During my first appointment with him at fifteen years old, it was decided that I would need to undergo surgery. I was a very hormonal and terrified teenager. The process of endo surgery (pre, during, and post) is not glamorous and quite overwhelming, especially for such a young child. However, going through the process, I don’t believe there is a single person in the world that could have been as comforting and reassuring as Dr. Sinervo. I had previously been seen by a myrdiad of gynecologists, including pediatric specialists. None had such a reassuring bedside manner as him. The day of my surgery, I was incredibly nervous. I was heavily sedated once in the surgical area but Dr. Sinervo still asked if I would like to hold his hand and pray. This is a memory I have spoken of for years. Apparently, when I woke up and spoke to him, the first thing I asked was, “will I be able to have kids?” I remember asking again at a post oppointment. This has always been so important to me. I am now 21 years old and am coming to the end of my undergraduate pre-veterinary medicine education. I have worked 3 physical jobs consecutively throughout my undergraduate education. My life was completely changed by the surgery that Dr. Sinervo performed. I have been able to function normally throughout my periods since my surgery. If it weren’t for this change, I’m not sure I would have been so successful. I am looking forward to the next chapter of my life as I am confident that my reproductive health has been in the best care. I would highly recommend Dr. Sinervo to any patient struggling with endometriosis. I am so thankful for him and my mother for so uniquely and expertly guiding me through this treatment in the midst of my teenage angst. I look back on this experience with only positivity.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2018

After suffering for 5 years and undergoing 7 unsuccessful surgeries I found Dr. Sinervo and The Center for Endometriosis. In June of 2018 I had the remaining endometriosis removed along with a partial vaginectomy. It took me a lot longer to heal than I had anticipated, but with the help of Pelvic Floor PT and patience of Dr. Sinervo and his staff I am FINALLY so much better. Dr. Sinervo literally saved my life! I had spent years not able to work full time or be a present Mommy to my precious 5 year old little girl. Dr. Sinervo changed all of that! I just can't thank him and his staff enough! Yes, it is true he will pray with you and your family in pre-op and then he holds your hand as the anesthesiologist puts you into a comfortable sleep. I have never had a nicer and more caring Dr and would recommend him to ANYONE who has endometriosis issues. I even jokingly asked him if I could just keep him as my all around general Dr. There needs to be more Dr. Sinervos in the world, but I am so blessed that I found the one and only and that he took me on as a patient.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2018

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences! It is a privilege and an honor to count you among our patient family members. We appreciate your trust and hope that you continue to feel better and better each and every day. Happy Holidays!

Submitted December 10, 2018

Hy doctor, sorry beacuse I am texting here on this way..I am suffering of endometriosis for 9 years,I am from Croatia,Europe..I am ready to come to you beacuse I've heard you're the best doctor for endo but I don't know how to get to you..please can you leave me your mail so I can text you..or you can contact me to my,I'd be very thankful for that. Best regards, Kristina kristina_perovic1301@yahoo.com

flag | Submitted December 2, 2018

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
Hello, Kristina! You can start the process by visiting http://centerforendo.com/registrationforms-patientmaterial. We will also email you. Thank you so much!

Submitted December 3, 2018

Dr Kenny Sinervo has more knowledge about Endometriosis than any other doctor we have tried to make appointments to see. He also performed surgery on my daughter. It has been 8 months since and she only needs an advil on the 1st day of her menstrual cycle. No more over bearing pain for the 1st time in 9 years of suffering. Thanks Dr Sinervo.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2018

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
Thank you! We truly appreciate your incredible trust in our team on behalf of your daughter. We are grateful and so appreciative that you've taken the time to share your feedback and experiences. We know you have choices, and we are humbled that you chose Team Sinervo. Thank you so much again!

Submitted November 19, 2018

Dr. Ken Sinervo restored my life back to high quality in Ohio!! Eight years ago, after seeking advice from local surgeons who wanted to give me a full hysto, I prayed for an answer. I ended up on the www and went straight to his website. I called his office the next day and explained my insurance would change in 6 days and my endo would be pre-existing and not covered. He personally talked to me over MY lunch hour, told me to overnight my med records, he would review and he would call me back the next day. He said he could help me and within 4 days, I flew to Atlanta, had surgery, and recovered beautifully. This man is a soldier of God, prayed with me before and after surgery. I came out of surgery not needing pain meds and a partial hysto. Prior to surgery, I would take 10-12 Tylenol a day and eventually took Percocet. I couldn't walk most days. Eight years later, I still have a very active, wonderful life. This man restored my life. I cannot thank him enough. If you have endo or adno CALL HIM!!!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2018

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
Thank you so very, very much for sharing your experiences. We are so grateful that we have been able to help and that you are still doing well all these years later. We appreciate you so much and wish you continued good health and happiness. Thank you again! With gratitude, Dr Sinervo & team

Submitted November 16, 2018

Dr. Sinervo is a Godsend. After two surgeries in 10 weeks, I was in so much pain. My gyno thought my pain was constipation and sent me to numerous "experts" to rule out "X-Y-Z". The fact is he had no clue. That's when I came to CEC. Dr. Sinervo performed an exploratory LAPEX. He found stage 2 endometriosis in multiple places (which my gyno said he got only a year prior). It has been a little over a year since my surgery with Dr. Sinervo. Although, I cannot say I am perfect (due to other autoimmune diseases), I am so much better than when I went in for my surgery! The only thing I regret is not going to see him earlier for him to do my hysterectomy to begin with... I honestly believe that if he did my hysterectomy, I would not have had to have three surgeries in a year. Thank you Dr. Sinervo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2018

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
Thank you so much for sharing your experiences! We are grateful to be able to have made a difference in your endometriosis journey and appreciate your trust in our team! Thank you again!

Submitted November 7, 2018

I can't thank Dr Sinervo and CEC enough for giving me my life back!! After all 20+ years suffering from debilitating pelvic pain, severe stage 4 endo, infertility, back pain, knee pain, ovulation pain (and the list goes on), after being laugh at by doctors, shooshed, sent away, dismissed, I knew my prayers were answered when God placed Dr Sinervo in my life. I'm only about 3 weeks post surgery and I already see the difference in my energy level, mood and pain. I still have long ways to recover, however I feel good like I haven't in God knows how long. Thanks Dr Sinervo, for the heart and passion you have to help ladies like me. Thank you for being an advocate of this horrendous disease. Your expertise, warm heart and kindness made all the difference during this journey. Thank you for holding my hand and praying with me and my husband minutes before surgery. You are a Godsent!

flag | Submitted November 5, 2018

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
Thank you so very much for sharing your experience and allowing us to have a hand in your care. It is a privilege, honor and a blessing. We are so glad to hear you are feeling better already and we hope for the painfree days you so well deserve from here on out. Thank you again for your trust!

Submitted November 5, 2018

I had been miss diagnosed for 18 years before I met Dr. Ken Sinervo. Dr. Sinervo is so compassionate, made me feel so comfortable during every visit and surgery. Every other doctor told me my only option was to have a hysterectomy and that I would never have children. Thanks to Dr. Sinervo and his approach, I have a very happy and healthy 18 month old son. I can never say thank you enough for the care I received from Dr. Sinervo and his staff. You all are truly amazing and gave me a life I never thought was possible. As a registered nurse in IL, my doctors and I still refer to Dr. Sinervo for patients with known endometriosis to ensure they receive the best care possible.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2018

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
We are so happy for you and send our whole team's congratulations on your miracle son! We appreciate your trust in us so very much and are so happy to have the honor of serving your needs. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences and please know how much we appreciate you!

Submitted November 5, 2018

Dr. Sinervo performed surgery on my daughter 5 years ago for stage 4. We had tried all other interventions and had had 2 other surgeries including section of intestines being removed and one of her ovaries being removed before finding the center. This was her 3rd surgery in 3 months. He assured us he could remove all Endo 100%. It has been 5 years . She has been trying to get pregnant and now another endometrioma returned in the other ovary approx 6cm. The Ob/ gyn didn't feel hopeful. We immediately called Dr. Sinervo. Surgery scheduled and he was not only able to save her ovary but did not find any more Endo after 5 years except one small spot where the other ovary was. This speaks volumes of a Endo Dr!!! We where so worried that is was back and everywhere. She is recovering from surgery and doing well! Thank you Dr Sinervo and to your wonderful staff for dealing with a frantic mother even though she's grown and married...

flag | Submitted September 15, 2018

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your family's experience. It means so much to us, and we greatly appreciate your trust. We know it is a blessing and a privilege to be able to treat your daughter, and we are very grateful. Thank you again!

Submitted September 17, 2018

Dr. Sinervo operated on my teen daughter, confirming and treating her endometriosis. He is truly an expert surgeon. She is now two months post op and has healed beautifully, with no endo pain. He was very sensitive in his approach with a younger patient, and I highly recommend him for adolescent care. The CEC and Northside Hospital surgical team are truly the gold standard in endo patient experience. I believe this early intervention has changed the course of my daughter’s life, and am immensely grateful we had the chance to work with Dr. Sinvero.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2018

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your experiences and of course, for choosing our team. We know how you have a choice of providers, and your trust in us is so greatly appreciated! We hope for continued healing and pain free from here on out. We are blessed to count your family among the CEC family. Thank you again!

Submitted September 17, 2018

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Ken Sinervo, MD MSc FRCSC ACGE, Medical Director Center for Endometriosis Care | Kenny R. Sinervo MD FRCSC, LLC A Center of Expertise in Endometriosis 6105 PEACHTREE DUNWOODY ROAD | BUILDING B, SUITE 230 | ATLANTA, GA 30328 Phone: 770-913-0001 | Fax: 770-913-0005 | centerforendo.com Dr. Ken Sinervo is an award-winning, internationally renowned gynecologic surgeon specializing in advanced Laparoendoscopic Excision of Endometriosis (LAPEX) and Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery (MIGS). A humble, compassionate physician who truly cares for his patients, Dr. Sinervo has received multiple honors throughout his career, including being named among the "Top Ten Gynecologists in the World," “Top Obstetricians & Gynecologists from around the World” and receiving “Top Doctor,” "Top 10 Doctors," "Most Compassionate Physician," "Best in Atlanta" and countless other awards. Most recently, he was awarded the "Patient's Choice" honor for the fifth consecutive year in a row, a distinction achieved by only 1% of practicing physicians in the United States. A native of Ontario, Dr. Sinervo is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada, a Junior Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics & Gynecology in the United States, a member of the Society of Obstetrics & Gynecology in Canada, and of the AAGL, the leading association promoting Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery worldwide. Dr. Sinervo is also the past Chairman of the AAGL Special Interest Group on Endometriosis & Reproductive Surgery. He previously completed an AAGL Fellowship in Pelvic Endoscopic Surgery and earned his undergraduate degree at the University of Western Ontario in Canada with Honors in Psychology and was awarded his MSc in 1993 there as well. Dr. Sinervo completed medical school at the University of Toronto and served his residency at the University of Calgary. He has been awarded many scholarships for his academic performance, including the Dr. Fred Douglas Memorial Award for Outstanding Achievement in Medicine from the University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine and a Medical Research Council of Canada scholarship. In addition, he was the recipient of the University of Western Ontario Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology Research Day Award two years in a row, a rare accomplishment. Ranking among the few practitioners in the world dedicated solely to excision of endometriosis, Dr. Sinervo joined the Center in 2001 and serves at the head of the practice as Medical Director. A MIGS Fellowship Preceptor, Dr. Sinervo devotes countless hours to the training and education of tomorrow’s surgeons, and routinely hosts visiting surgeons who wish to increase their training in MIGS/LAPEX from around the world. He also serves at the helm of the Center’s various research endeavors. Dr. Sinervo is pleased to serve on various peer review and medical advisory boards, and remains an active contributor to many professional medical and healthcare societies. He can most recently be seen in the Endo What? groundbreaking documentary on the disease. Dr. Sinervo consults for various institutions and remains extensively involved in both the patient and professional sectors, contributing his compassionate expertise to countless endeavors to advance disease advocacy, awareness and education. A noted author and speaker who lectures internationally, he has countless abstracts, publications and presentations to his credit and is routinely called on by the media and leading consumer and professional health publications for his expertise in endometriosis and advanced gynecologic endoscopy. Dr. Sinervo was previously selected to serve as the 5th Annual Visiting Professor of the University of Calgary and Alberta Health Services in British Columbia, a prestigious program wherein he presented a series of courses and Grand Rounds ranging from pathophysiology to treatment of endometriosis, including complex abdominopelvic and thoracic cases, to residents, physicians, faculty and industry attendees. He maintains, however, that the greatest reward of his life’s work is to be able to make a positive impact on the health and well-being for the individuals he treats. Dr. Sinervo considers himself extremely fortunate and blessed for the opportunity to serve his patients through a combination of expert surgical care and compassion for their physical, emotional and spiritual needs.

• English

• Toronto Sch Of Med, Toronto, Ont, Canada (Inactive) (Grad. 1995)

• Endometriosis
  • Chronic pelvic pain in women

• Top 10 Gynecologists in the World