Ratings for Dr. Ken R. Sinervo

Dr. Sinervo performed my surgery 6/5/17. He is the most warm and kind physician I've ever met. He even held my hand until I was completely asleep in the OR. No complications!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
We appreciate you so much! Thank you for sharing your experience. We hope you are recovering well and are here any time you need us. Much gratitude to you!

Submitted June 27, 2017

Dr. Sinervo is the best doctor I have even been to. He gave me my life back and it's because of his tremendous knowledge and skills, that I was able to have a child. I give him my highest recommendation if you are suffering from Endo. I can't say enough good things about him, the staff and the entire CEC!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
We can't thank you enough for sharing your experience. We greatly appreciate the privilege of having a hand in your care and are so grateful for your trust. Much gratitude to you and thank you again!

Submitted June 26, 2017

I just needed to leave this comment even though it has been a little over 4 years since i was saved by Dr. sinervo and i say saved because that is what he did unknowingly. I suffered of horrible excruciating pain since i was 18 years old till 26. I had more hospital bills that you could possibly imagine. I could not maintain a job nor go to school. I was completely consume by endo at a very young age. In a month i only had 5 days of no pain all the other days was constant pain. could not even enjoy intimacy with my husband. I had 2 previous surgery before Dr. sinervo that did nothing for me, i was back in the emergency room the following month. I gave myself one last shot on getting cured. I research day and night for months until i came across this center. I knew that if this place did not give me peace and an take the pain a way, i was going to do it myself. And i know this is a horrible thing to read but it was my truth. I no longer wanted to fell like i was getting staved for weeks every month. feel pain so intense i would pass out, throw up every single food in my stomach until i could taste my own stomach acid, i could not even hold water down, and don't forget the diarrhea. it was as if my body was breaking apart from the inside. Many time i gave my self burns from hot water bottles. And all of this happened every day butt 5 days after my period. And don't forget the emotional torture that was just as bad as the pain. The why me question. wondering if i was inflicting this pain upon myself as once a doctor told me when i was just 18 years old. So i just want to say thank you Dr. Sinervo you saved my life. I would not be here if it was not for you ad god that send me your way. I am very sure of that. And i thank god for blessing people like me with doctors like you. I am writing this after 4 years because is only fair to give hope to anyone that is possibly going through the same thing and loosing hope.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
Thank you so very much, JD. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences and are so grateful for your trust. We are here if you need us.

Submitted June 13, 2017

After a hysterectomy performed via laparotomy, a vaginal cuff rupture, a left ovary "removal", and another laparotomy to remove bowel adhesions and my right ovary, I finally found Dr. Sinervo to remove my "ovarian remnant" which actually appeared to be my entire left ovary. He is fantastic!!! He calmed all my concerns, prayed with me prior to surgery, and held my hand as I drifted off to sleep. I have continued to have pain and his staff and him have been so gracious and quick to help with any questions I continue to have for him. I do know his surgery took care of the leftover ovary, a second repair to my vaginal cuff, and all endo that was left. The pain I'm experience is likely due to so many surgeries in only 2 years. I suggest if you are experiencing endo or any other unusual gyn problems to seek him out and make it happen. I would go back to him in a second and suggest him to all people I know who have issues. Thank you Dr. Sinervo!!'

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences. We appreciate it, and are so grateful for your trust. We are so blessed and honored to have had a small hand in your care, and we are here for you whenever you need us.

Submitted June 5, 2017

I had surgery with the CEC in June 2016. It was my 9th surgery for endo. I had continued pain and was referred to pelvic floor PT. Did that with little relief. Contacted the CEC and they recommended hysterectomy for suspected Adenomyosis. They said my local OB could do it. She did it on 12/23/16. I had a TLH with right salpingectomy. I only have my right ovary. My local ob found a large endometrioma but didn't send to pathology. She simply drained it and peeled it from pelvic side wall. Dr. Sinervo is not convinced it is endo. I have dealt with this pain for over 20 years and know what endo feels like. Back to square 1! He and his staff are NOT honest about his outcomes. I paid ALOT for this surgery and still paying. Good chance I will need yet another surgery....so I will suffer for another few years. They asked me to rate him right after surgery which I did but the reviews are TOTALLY different. I would not go back to him. I would find another excision specialist that is more honest about their outcomes and one who is more realistic about the disease. Also, Nancy Peterson from Nancy's Nook is a bully. Most of the info I got about the CEC was from her. She kicked me out and blocked me from her beloved Nancy's Nook because I had continued pain and problems post excision.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2017

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
Our Center is not affiliated with Nancy's Nook, as we have stated repeatedly. We are sorry to learn of your experience with her, but you will need to take that up with them directly. As for your own case, we cannot pull your chart and review it to help you further, as your comments are anonymous. However, we are very upfront and "honest" about our outcomes, which are on par with other excisionists, and all continued pain is not always actual endometriosis recurrence. Should you wish to pursue your situation further with us including your ledger balance, please contact us directly.

Submitted April 15, 2017

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
Update- Dear K: as it turns out, we were able to trace your case through your review, and we would be very happy, of course, to talk to you again should you wish to follow up with us once more. We eagerly await your next call and as we have always maintained in our ongoing correspondence with you, we are very happy to try and help you if at all possible. Please call and do not email, so that we can best address your case. A copy of this review will be made available to the staff so we can serve your needs attentively.

Submitted April 15, 2017

I can't say enough positive things about Dr. Sinervo and his staff. He went above and beyond to help me with my pelvic issues and he is a wonderful surgeon. I had my surgery last year and I have been doing so much better since then. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
Thank you so much for sharing your experiences and your kind review. We appreciate the opportunity to have had a hand in your care and are grateful for your trust. We're so glad to hear you are doing well and are here if you need us at any time in the future!

Submitted April 3, 2017

This man is a true blessing to woman suffering with pelvic issues. His staff is outstanding.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
Thank you so much for your kind review. It is a privilege and a pleasure for us to have a hand in the care of those suffering. We appreciate your trust so much!

Submitted March 28, 2017

I had surgery for endo in California and it didn't help at all. I tried MANY things after and before that surgery but the pain kept getting worse. I found Dr. Sinervo and so happy I did. I decided to have a hysterectomy (kept ovaries). After surgery I felt better right away. The whole experience at CEC and the hospital was great. I wanted to wait to write a review because I wanted to see if the pain came back. I read so many reviews before going to Atlanta and wanted to read one that was written a year or so after surgery. I am now almost 2 years from surgery in Atlanta with Dr. Sinervo. I am still pain free. I did have adenomyosis as well as endo, so I am happy I chose to have hysterectomy. I had stage 4 endo. I was barely able to function for the year prior to surgery. The 20 years prior were not great. I am thankful for my new life.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
Many thanks for taking the time to kindly share your experience. We greatly appreciate it and are honored to have had a hand in your care. Thank you again! - CEC staff

Submitted February 5, 2017

I found Dr. Sinervo via FB group Nancy's Nook. I thank the good lord he lead me to seek more information about my disease. I've struggled with Endometriosis for 15+ years. It was just getting worse and local doctors in SC were not skilled enough to handle the Endo. I'm forever thankful to the amazing staff at CEC and Northside Hospital for taking such amazing care of me. This is the first Christmas in years I'm able to enjoy it with my family and not be in horrible pain. I highly recommend seeing Dr. Sinervo he is an amazing doctor.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
Thank you so very much! Wishing you a very, merry Christmas and a happy, healthy new year!

Submitted December 22, 2016

I learned about Dr. Sinervo from Nancy's Nook FB group and I am so so happy I did. I've had endo since I've had my period at age 9 and no Dr. believed me for most of my life when I said my excruciatingly painful periods were NOT normal. Fast forward to when I was 26 and had a surgery for 2 ovarian cysts that ended up being endometriomas. I was diagnosed with Stage 4 endo and had a surgery practically every year for the past 4 years. I had one earlier this year in Jan with another doctor who seemed to be experienced in excision surgery but didn't get all my endo out. By this point, I'd had enough and decided to bite the bullet and go out of network to the best, Dr. Sinervo. I will never ever regret this decision. He had a free phone consultation with me since I live in NJ and he answered all of my questions and didn't rush me off the phone at all. And from the moment I stepped in his office for my pre-op appointment, his staff was absolutely the best and walked me through the entire process. Dr. Sinervo himself was so friendly and took the time to answer all my questions and make sure I was completely comfortable. He and his staff also explained everything from start to finish to ensure I was completely comfortable with every aspect leading up to and after the procedure, including the dreaded bowel prep before and the plane ride home afterwards :(. This was a nerve-wrecking trip for me as I've never had to travel so far for surgery especially during the holidays (surgery was Nov. 30th). Come the day of, Dr. Sinervo eased all my fears. He prayed with me before the procedure and even held my hand while I was put under anesthesia. He kept my family fully informed throughout the entire process and they loved him too! They discovered issues with my urinary tract and bowels during the procedure but thankfully he had his full team of expert surgeons with him and were available to assist as well. My post-op at his office was equally as great as the first appointment and all his nurses and staff were such dolls. They listened to my concerns after the surgery and even quickly responded to my follow-op questions via phone after I flew back home. I have never felt this good after a laparoscopy, and in fact I felt worse after my last procedure prior to this surgery with Sinervo and his team. I am healing quickly and cannot wait to be fully recovered soon but I honestly cannot say enough good things about Dr. Sinervo and the CEC. I've been through the ringer with this disease and the countless doctors out there who mean well but aren't informed enough to treat such a complicated and debilitating disease and also understand the major impact it can have on your entire life. Dr. Sinervo and the CEC understand this full well and are so knowledgeable and empathetic that it was so refreshing. After years of hearing that it's all in my head, getting the validation and the care and compassion I received from Dr. Sinervo and his staff cannot be expressed fully in just this review. I just wish and hope all fellow endo sufferers are able to experience similar care to what I received at the CEC. I am forever grateful to have found Dr. Sinervo and his staff and I will definitely update this with my progress.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2016

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
Thank you so much for sharing your experiences and for trusting us with your care. Please know the honor and privilege is ours. Best wishes for a healthy and happy 2017! -CEC Staff

Submitted December 15, 2016

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Ken Sinervo, MD MSc FRCSC ACGE, Medical Director Center for Endometriosis Care | Kenny R. Sinervo MD FRCSC, LLC A COEMIG-Designated Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology & Center of Expertise in Endometriosis 6105 PEACHTREE DUNWOODY ROAD | BUILDING B, SUITE 230 | ATLANTA, GA 30328 Phone: 770-913-0001 | Fax: 770-913-0005 | centerforendo.com Dr. Ken Sinervo is an award-winning, internationally renowned gynecologic surgeon specializing in advanced Laparoendoscopic Excision of Endometriosis (LAPEX) and Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery (MIGS). A humble, compassionate physician who truly cares for his patients, Dr. Sinervo has received multiple honors throughout his career, including being named among the "Top Ten Gynecologists in the World," “Top Obstetricians & Gynecologists from around the World” and receiving “Top Doctor,” "Top 10 Doctors," "Most Compassionate Physician," "Best in Atlanta" and countless other awards. Most recently, he was awarded the "Patient's Choice" honor for the fifth consecutive year in a row, a distinction achieved by only 1% of practicing physicians in the United States. A native of Ontario, Dr. Sinervo is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada, a Junior Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics & Gynecology in the United States, a member of the Society of Obstetrics & Gynecology in Canada, and of the AAGL, the leading association promoting Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery worldwide. Dr. Sinervo is also the Chairman of the AAGL Special Interest Group on Endometriosis & Reproductive Surgery, and serves as a member of the Standards Committee for the Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology (COEMIG). He previously completed an AAGL Fellowship in Pelvic Endoscopic Surgery and earned his undergraduate degree at the University of Western Ontario in Canada with Honors in Psychology and was awarded his MSc in 1993 there as well. Dr. Sinervo completed medical school at the University of Toronto and served his residency at the University of Calgary. He has been awarded many scholarships for his academic performance, including the Dr. Fred Douglas Memorial Award for Outstanding Achievement in Medicine from the University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine and a Medical Research Council of Canada scholarship. In addition, he was the recipient of the University of Western Ontario Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology Research Day Award two years in a row, a rare accomplishment. Ranking among the few practitioners in the world dedicated solely to excision of endometriosis, Dr. Sinervo joined the Center in 2001 and serves at the head of the practice as Medical Director. A MIGS Fellowship Preceptor, Dr. Sinervo devotes countless hours to the training and education of tomorrow’s surgeons, and routinely hosts visiting surgeons who wish to increase their training in MIGS/LAPEX from around the world. He is also a Physician Director within the COEMIG program and serves at the helm of the Center’s various research endeavors as a Co-Investigator. Dr. Sinervo is pleased to serve on various peer review and medical advisory boards, and remains an active contributor to many professional medical and healthcare societies. He can most recently be seen in the Endo What? groundbreaking documentary on the disease. Dr. Sinervo consults for various biotechnology, device and industry institutions and remains extensively involved in both the patient and professional sectors, contributing his compassionate expertise to countless endeavors to advance disease advocacy, awareness and education. A noted author and speaker who lectures internationally, he has countless abstracts, publications and presentations to his credit and is routinely called on by the media and leading consumer and professional health publications for his expertise in endometriosis and advanced gynecologic endoscopy. Dr. Sinervo was previously selected to serve as the 5th Annual Visiting Professor of the University of Calgary and Alberta Health Services in British Columbia, a prestigious program wherein he presented a series of courses and Grand Rounds ranging from pathophysiology to treatment of endometriosis, including complex abdominopelvic and thoracic cases, to residents, physicians, faculty and industry attendees. He maintains, however, that the greatest reward of his life’s work is to be able to make a positive impact on the health and well-being for the individuals he treats. Dr. Sinervo considers himself extremely fortunate and blessed for the opportunity to serve his patients through a combination of expert surgical care and compassion for their physical, emotional and spiritual needs.

• English

• Toronto Sch Of Med, Toronto, Ont, Canada (Inactive) (Grad. 1995)

• Endometriosis
  • Chronic pelvic pain in women

• Top 10 Gynecologists in the World