Ratings for Dr. Ken R. Sinervo

I found Dr. Sinervo via FB group Nancy's Nook. I thank the good lord he lead me to seek more information about my disease. I've struggled with Endometriosis for 15+ years. It was just getting worse and local doctors in SC were not skilled enough to handle the Endo. I'm forever thankful to the amazing staff at CEC and Northside Hospital for taking such amazing care of me. This is the first Christmas in years I'm able to enjoy it with my family and not be in horrible pain. I highly recommend seeing Dr. Sinervo he is an amazing doctor.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
Thank you so very much! Wishing you a very, merry Christmas and a happy, healthy new year!

Submitted December 22, 2016

I learned about Dr. Sinervo from Nancy's Nook FB group and I am so so happy I did. I've had endo since I've had my period at age 9 and no Dr. believed me for most of my life when I said my excruciatingly painful periods were NOT normal. Fast forward to when I was 26 and had a surgery for 2 ovarian cysts that ended up being endometriomas. I was diagnosed with Stage 4 endo and had a surgery practically every year for the past 4 years. I had one earlier this year in Jan with another doctor who seemed to be experienced in excision surgery but didn't get all my endo out. By this point, I'd had enough and decided to bite the bullet and go out of network to the best, Dr. Sinervo. I will never ever regret this decision. He had a free phone consultation with me since I live in NJ and he answered all of my questions and didn't rush me off the phone at all. And from the moment I stepped in his office for my pre-op appointment, his staff was absolutely the best and walked me through the entire process. Dr. Sinervo himself was so friendly and took the time to answer all my questions and make sure I was completely comfortable. He and his staff also explained everything from start to finish to ensure I was completely comfortable with every aspect leading up to and after the procedure, including the dreaded bowel prep before and the plane ride home afterwards :(. This was a nerve-wrecking trip for me as I've never had to travel so far for surgery especially during the holidays (surgery was Nov. 30th). Come the day of, Dr. Sinervo eased all my fears. He prayed with me before the procedure and even held my hand while I was put under anesthesia. He kept my family fully informed throughout the entire process and they loved him too! They discovered issues with my urinary tract and bowels during the procedure but thankfully he had his full team of expert surgeons with him and were available to assist as well. My post-op at his office was equally as great as the first appointment and all his nurses and staff were such dolls. They listened to my concerns after the surgery and even quickly responded to my follow-op questions via phone after I flew back home. I have never felt this good after a laparoscopy, and in fact I felt worse after my last procedure prior to this surgery with Sinervo and his team. I am healing quickly and cannot wait to be fully recovered soon but I honestly cannot say enough good things about Dr. Sinervo and the CEC. I've been through the ringer with this disease and the countless doctors out there who mean well but aren't informed enough to treat such a complicated and debilitating disease and also understand the major impact it can have on your entire life. Dr. Sinervo and the CEC understand this full well and are so knowledgeable and empathetic that it was so refreshing. After years of hearing that it's all in my head, getting the validation and the care and compassion I received from Dr. Sinervo and his staff cannot be expressed fully in just this review. I just wish and hope all fellow endo sufferers are able to experience similar care to what I received at the CEC. I am forever grateful to have found Dr. Sinervo and his staff and I will definitely update this with my progress.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2016

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
Thank you so much for sharing your experiences and for trusting us with your care. Please know the honor and privilege is ours. Best wishes for a healthy and happy 2017! -CEC Staff

Submitted December 15, 2016

Dr.Sinervo is the best of the BEST! I suffered in pain for 3 years before finding about him through Nancy's Nook of Facebook. I was told by my gyn at home that I was not listening to his treatments of either taking the depo shot or depo lupron. I was told I was wasting his time and that it couldn't be that bad. I took matters into my own hands with the knowledge I learned from the nook and got myself to Dr. Sinervo. He is worth every penny spent and however many miles you live away from the CEC. He lives up to every expectation! He will hug you, listen to you, pray with you, hold your hand until your asleep in surgery. He is a spectacular surgeon! I am forever grateful that this man has helped me so much and it was a journey of a lifetime.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
Thank you so very much! We are so grateful for the opportunity to help so many from every corner of the globe. It is truly an honor.

Submitted December 1, 2016

I was told that I had to just wait for menopause to kick in and to basically deal with it. I did research and found Dr Sinervo and I just had surgery and I could not recommend him enough to anyone suffering from endo! His office staff is wonderful and they made my experience easy and gave me peace of mind....... Dr. Sinervo, you are amazing!!!! Thank you!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
We appreciate your feedback so much. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. We are grateful for the opportunity to have had a hand in your care!

Submitted December 1, 2016

Had my first appointment yesterday and we literally have a game plan. Amazing! He knows what he's doing! Anquanie

flag | Submitted October 21, 2016

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Dr. Sinervo! He is caring, knowledge, and compassionate! He prayed with me before surgery and held me hand and I went to sleep. After years of suffering from endometriosis and 4 surgeries, I thank God Dr. Sinervo crossed my path! I look forward to many pain free years ahead.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

I love Dr Sinervo and his team! After many failed surgeries and harmful medications, I found Dr Sinervo online. From start to finish, I had a wonderful experience with him and his staff. I had stage III and IV Endo and was bedridden 2 weeks out the month every month. In Aug 2004 Dr Sinervo and his team completed an in depth successful surgery on me. I have not had ANY endometriosis return AT ALL! I thank God for putting Dr Sinervo in my path.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

I have spent 20 years of my life in excruciating pain, often curled up in my bed, hoping to be free from the debilitating disease that controlled my life. By the time I was in my early 30’s, the pain had become chronic and intolerable. I tried everything- birth control pills, surgeries, yoga, acupuncture, Chinese herbal remedies--but the pain was merciless.Day and night, I read books on how to live with pain. I detested my life. I stopped doing things I once loved- hanging out with friends, watching movies, reading, traveling. I was exasperated at how the pain made me immobile, fatigued and depressive. I silently prayed for a pain-free life, every waking minute. I resented the emotional and financial toll that my Stage IV endometriosis took on my family in the US and in India—huge loans for failed dreams of having a baby, my parents’ and sister’s frantic, nervous phone calls from India, my husband’s relentless concern for my suffering and his undying love for me, and my own alienation from my work and social life. It took me a little too long to discover Dr. Sinervo, but when I finally did, he gave me my life back!I am 7 months out of surgery and haven’t taken a single pain medication since then!My new life feels like a dream and not a day goes by when I do not think of Dr. Sinervo’s role in my battle with this cruel disease. A genius in his own right, he is also the kindest, humblest doctor I have met in my 35-years. Words fail me when I think of him, his expertise and infinite compassion.From the very first phone call(he actually calls up his patients and gives them a trajectory of the treatment even before meeting them)to the post-operative appointment - Dr. Sinervo personifies hope, generosity,warmth, care. He never tired in answering my million panicked pre-operative questions, held my hands and prayed with me moments before my surgery, and was there to greet me once I was endo-free!What more can a woman who has silently suffered paralyzing pain for years and been dismissed by “experts,” ever ask for? He is a godsend to women like me. He successfully excised all my endo without doing a hysterectomy. None of the doctors I had seen so far even considered that a possibility.“Try for a baby immediately” or “total hysterectomy”- were the only possible remedies so far suggested.No one ever empathized or understood the near-impossibility of conceiving when you are in agonizing pain 24X7(not to mention that Stage IV endometriosis affects your fertility anyway).The other amazing thing is that I did not feel any discomfort the moment I woke up from my surgery!I have had 4 surgeries before and terrible associated memories of waking up in pain.With Dr. Sinervo, I woke up from a 5 hour-long surgery and already felt better! CEC made me feel important and personally cared for. Having had my suffering trivialized over the years by doctors, for the first time ever I felt validated about my painful condition. Everyone at CEC was phenomenal: Debbie was the first member of CEC that we met on our first visit to the Center.I distinctly recall that my years of pent-up emotional anxiety associated with the disease vanished magically within seconds with Debbie’s warmth as she assured my husband and me that Dr. Sinervo will “fix” me!Nurses Britney and Marilyn, both incredibly friendly and efficient who invariably managed to cheer me up, no matter how nervous I was.Jean, with her unwavering patience never tired in answering my million questions about billing and post-operative care. Alex, Arielle and Anna, supremely competent and accommodating, even filled out prescriptions for me on a late Friday evening when CEC officially was closed!As for Heather, no superlatives can truly capture her dedication, professionalism and kindness.I cannot thank her enough for her untiring practical help and constant emotional support as my family and I went through this difficult phase.From the logistics of finding best, affordable accommodations for my parents(who flew from India for my surgery)to answering my infinite questions about pretty much everything, to just being there for us, she truly is amazing.In her, I not only found a medical researcher and advocate, but one of my best well-wishers and a dear friend. CEC redefines the meaning of compassionate care in the medical community.My experience at CEC has changed my perspective towards life as well.I plan to actively spread awareness about the disease for as long as I live.Thank you Drs. Sinervo, Kongoasa, Heather and the entire CEC family for making what seemed impossible to me, a beautiful reality -the reality of leading a life where I can once again travel, read, see the world, prepare to become a mother, all without any pain!To all women suffering from this painful disease,I can only say this:You will never regret making a trip to see Dr. Sinervo!Yes, he will fix you!You will come back a changed,healthier, happier you!Thank you Dr. Sinervo for empowering countless women every day!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016

He is the best and only doctor I trust. After having 6 surgeries in a year and half including a total hysterectomy and still had endo he finally removed my endo.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

Dr. Sinervo is truly a miracle doctor. My health issues and concerns have been pushed aside for 11 years. Every year I had increasing pain that was hindering my day to day life. Countless times I had to cancel plans I had with friends or call off from work because I physically could not move without excruciating pain all while doctors told me it wasn't as bad as I was making it out to be or flat out denied any issue I had. I had lost all hope on having a normal life and considering a family for my future. Dr. Sinervo gave me my life back! He gave me a chance to actually live again, enjoy life again. From the moment I walked in his office I was greeted by very nice staff and knew I would be taken care of. His staff is phenomenal and great at making sure every need is taking care of and every question is answered. Dr. Sinervo and his staff gave me what everyone else said wasn't possible. He rid my body of endometriosis early this month and although it hasnt been long I already feel so much better than I have in years. He is worth every penny it costs and every mile it takes to travel to him. He is truly the best of the best!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Ken Sinervo, MD MSc FRCSC ACGE, Medical Director Center for Endometriosis Care | Kenny R. Sinervo MD FRCSC, LLC A COEMIG-Designated Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology & Center of Expertise in Endometriosis 6105 PEACHTREE DUNWOODY ROAD | BUILDING B, SUITE 230 | ATLANTA, GA 30328 Phone: 770-913-0001 | Fax: 770-913-0005 | centerforendo.com Dr. Ken Sinervo is an award-winning, internationally renowned gynecologic surgeon specializing in advanced Laparoendoscopic Excision of Endometriosis (LAPEX) and Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery (MIGS). A humble, compassionate physician who truly cares for his patients, Dr. Sinervo has received multiple honors throughout his career, including being named among the "Top Ten Gynecologists in the World," “Top Obstetricians & Gynecologists from around the World” and receiving “Top Doctor,” "Top 10 Doctors," "Most Compassionate Physician," "Best in Atlanta" and countless other awards. Most recently, he was awarded the "Patient's Choice" honor for the fifth consecutive year in a row, a distinction achieved by only 1% of practicing physicians in the United States. A native of Ontario, Dr. Sinervo is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada, a Junior Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics & Gynecology in the United States, a member of the Society of Obstetrics & Gynecology in Canada, and of the AAGL, the leading association promoting Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery worldwide. Dr. Sinervo is also the Chairman of the AAGL Special Interest Group on Endometriosis & Reproductive Surgery, and serves as a member of the Standards Committee for the Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology (COEMIG). He previously completed an AAGL Fellowship in Pelvic Endoscopic Surgery and earned his undergraduate degree at the University of Western Ontario in Canada with Honors in Psychology and was awarded his MSc in 1993 there as well. Dr. Sinervo completed medical school at the University of Toronto and served his residency at the University of Calgary. He has been awarded many scholarships for his academic performance, including the Dr. Fred Douglas Memorial Award for Outstanding Achievement in Medicine from the University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine and a Medical Research Council of Canada scholarship. In addition, he was the recipient of the University of Western Ontario Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology Research Day Award two years in a row, a rare accomplishment. Ranking among the few practitioners in the world dedicated solely to excision of endometriosis, Dr. Sinervo joined the Center in 2001 and serves at the head of the practice as Medical Director. A MIGS Fellowship Preceptor, Dr. Sinervo devotes countless hours to the training and education of tomorrow’s surgeons, and routinely hosts visiting surgeons who wish to increase their training in MIGS/LAPEX from around the world. He is also a Physician Director within the COEMIG program and serves at the helm of the Center’s various research endeavors as a Co-Investigator. Dr. Sinervo is pleased to serve on various peer review and medical advisory boards, and remains an active contributor to many professional medical and healthcare societies. He can most recently be seen in the Endo What? groundbreaking documentary on the disease. Dr. Sinervo consults for various biotechnology, device and industry institutions and remains extensively involved in both the patient and professional sectors, contributing his compassionate expertise to countless endeavors to advance disease advocacy, awareness and education. A noted author and speaker who lectures internationally, he has countless abstracts, publications and presentations to his credit and is routinely called on by the media and leading consumer and professional health publications for his expertise in endometriosis and advanced gynecologic endoscopy. Dr. Sinervo was previously selected to serve as the 5th Annual Visiting Professor of the University of Calgary and Alberta Health Services in British Columbia, a prestigious program wherein he presented a series of courses and Grand Rounds ranging from pathophysiology to treatment of endometriosis, including complex abdominopelvic and thoracic cases, to residents, physicians, faculty and industry attendees. He maintains, however, that the greatest reward of his life’s work is to be able to make a positive impact on the health and well-being for the individuals he treats. Dr. Sinervo considers himself extremely fortunate and blessed for the opportunity to serve his patients through a combination of expert surgical care and compassion for their physical, emotional and spiritual needs.

• English

• Toronto Sch Of Med, Toronto, Ont, Canada (Inactive) (Grad. 1995)

• Endometriosis
  • Chronic pelvic pain in women

• Top 10 Gynecologists in the World