Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Ken R. Sinervo

He treated me calmly, and knowing my mother had disowned my son and I the night prior he held my hand until I want to sleep. It meant the world to me. He also visited me the next day, and went over what he had done. He listened and helped me. After 16 years of being called crazy, being told it was in my head, that cramps just hurt, to the next year having 4 surgeries, the 4th one with him, it felt like I was finally heard.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

Dr Sinervo is an incredible. It's been over 10 years now since my surgery to remove the Endo and a portion of my bowels that it infiltrated, and I am thankful every day I found him. He saved my life.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

dr sinervo saved my life. no one would listen to me. you gave me treatment by removing my organs. you gave me a life to take care of my horses. I am having more pain nowt though. I think I am having going around by back and I know its endometriosis, I have a feeling it is going to my lungs. I need your help again. is there a chance for your help. can you leave a number to call?

flag | Submitted December 24, 2017

It's been seven months since my surgery with Dr Sinervo and team. That day in May 2017 changed my life from one of constant pain, strong narcotics and poor quality of life, to a full, pain free life. Dr Sinervo is hands down the most emphatic, kind and caring medical professional I've ever met. It helps that he is a top expert in endometriosis care, but his bedside manner goes above and beyond anything I could ever hope for. From my first contact with him and the staff at CEC I was completely confident that I was in the best hands. All of my questions were answered thoroughly, I was never rushed, and we could talk openly and honestly about the pros and cons of things that were not a straightforward decision.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

From the very first visit with Dr Sinervo he was pleasant, informative, reassuring, and hospitable. He eased mine and my husbands minds every time we spoke with him. Prior to being put in contact with Dr. Sinervo, I had 3 previous surgeries related to Endo. However, I had never found relief from pain and I was always made to feel like it wasn't that bad so I shouldn't be hurting, or that I was making everything up. I had surgery last week by Dr Sinervo, and immediately waking from surgery I noticed something different, I wasn't in that bad of pain to had just been operated on. Even during my stay at the hospital, my nurses were pretty shocked at how I was managing pain.. I really wasn't feeling much. After getting home, I started to feel a little more pain, however I have continued to heal better and faster than any surgery before! I can already tell that as soon as I am healed up I will be in great shape... no more endo pain!!! This is such a relief and I am so thankful for Dr Sinervo and his staff! I am so excited to get back to normal life and not have endo effecting every move I make! My husband and I want to try for a family in the near future, and I have such high hopes now. Thank you Dr Sinervo for being the Dr that you are and truly caring about your patients! You have been a blessing to me and my husband!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017

Dr. Sinervo has been helping me with all my endometriosis needs, as well as other medical issues such as fibroids, and polyps for a few years now. Last month we had my last surgery and I am getting better every day and regaining my health and my life. Without him I was very weak and tired from anemia. I owe my life to him and thank God for such a great physician. He is the best for endometriosis..

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

Dr. Sinervo performed my surgery in 2015. We are so lucky to have the CEC in Georgia. I love how the CEC helps advocate for those who suffer with endometriosis. I was given great care and I have had a number of improvements since surgery. Dr. Sinervo was a very kind and humble doctor. I could see the compassion in his eyes and I truly believe that he cares so much about his patients. I am very thankful.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2017

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences! We are so delighted to hear of your progress and wish you painfree days ahead. We are here if you need us!

Submitted October 2, 2017

I am blessed beyond words to have received care from Dr. Sinervo and his team at CEC. I had my surgery on 8/23/2017 and couldn’t possibly thank Dr. Sinervo and his entire team enough for going above and beyond in providing excellent care throughout the process. Dr. Sinervo is highly skilled surgeon with deep and thorough understanding of the disease. He answered all my queries, doubts and questions very patiently and put my mind at ease the very first time I met him. I had stage IV endometriosis with large ovarian cysts and was very anxious and nervous going in for surgery. Dr. Sinervo put my mind at ease once again by explaining the procedure in detail, customizing my treatment plan and answering all my concerns in pre-op meeting. He also prayed for me prior to the surgery. His knowledge, surgical expertise, compassion and his genuine concern for his patients’ well-being is unparalleled. He is by far the most skilled, considerate and compassionate doctor I have ever come across. I truly wish him and his team tons of success in the future and hope and pray that CEC continues to help and mend lives of women who are suffering from this debilitating disease. May God continue to bless you and your team, Dr. Sinervo!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2017

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
Thank you SO much for this wonderful post and for sharing your experiences. We strive hard to do our best to provide our patient family with compassion and quality care. We are so grateful for your trust in us and allowing us to have a hand in your endometriosis journey. May you be feeling better each and every day. We are here if you need us!

Submitted September 17, 2017

Dr. Sinervo and Dr. Kongawasa are top notch doctors in treating endometriosis and I believe they have their patients best interest at heart. Their staff members Debbie and Heather are so compassionate, helpful, understanding, and professional. Together this makes for a very good practice.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
With grateful thanks from our entire team, we really appreciate your kind words and are so thankful for your trust and the honor of allowing us a hand in your care. Thank you so much!

Submitted September 9, 2017

The ONLY reason punctuality wasn't given 5 stars is because the everyone at the CEC takes their time with each patient- even if closing time is nearing. From the front desk, the nurses, the surgeons, even surgical coordinators don't ever make you feel rushed and will make sure you have every bit of information you could possibly need, want, desire, etc. I've been unfortunate in my personal case to have needed multiple visits and surgeries but I cannot express my gratitude that I am cared for by the CEC and all of their affiliates. I truly don't know where I would have been without each member of this team.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2017

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences. We are glad that our team is taking good care of you and will always be here when you need us. Gratitude!

Submitted August 19, 2017

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Ken Sinervo, MD MSc FRCSC ACGE, Medical Director Center for Endometriosis Care | Kenny R. Sinervo MD FRCSC, LLC A COEMIG-Designated Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology & Center of Expertise in Endometriosis 6105 PEACHTREE DUNWOODY ROAD | BUILDING B, SUITE 230 | ATLANTA, GA 30328 Phone: 770-913-0001 | Fax: 770-913-0005 | centerforendo.com Dr. Ken Sinervo is an award-winning, internationally renowned gynecologic surgeon specializing in advanced Laparoendoscopic Excision of Endometriosis (LAPEX) and Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery (MIGS). A humble, compassionate physician who truly cares for his patients, Dr. Sinervo has received multiple honors throughout his career, including being named among the "Top Ten Gynecologists in the World," “Top Obstetricians & Gynecologists from around the World” and receiving “Top Doctor,” "Top 10 Doctors," "Most Compassionate Physician," "Best in Atlanta" and countless other awards. Most recently, he was awarded the "Patient's Choice" honor for the fifth consecutive year in a row, a distinction achieved by only 1% of practicing physicians in the United States. A native of Ontario, Dr. Sinervo is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada, a Junior Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics & Gynecology in the United States, a member of the Society of Obstetrics & Gynecology in Canada, and of the AAGL, the leading association promoting Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery worldwide. Dr. Sinervo is also the Chairman of the AAGL Special Interest Group on Endometriosis & Reproductive Surgery, and serves as a member of the Standards Committee for the Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology (COEMIG). He previously completed an AAGL Fellowship in Pelvic Endoscopic Surgery and earned his undergraduate degree at the University of Western Ontario in Canada with Honors in Psychology and was awarded his MSc in 1993 there as well. Dr. Sinervo completed medical school at the University of Toronto and served his residency at the University of Calgary. He has been awarded many scholarships for his academic performance, including the Dr. Fred Douglas Memorial Award for Outstanding Achievement in Medicine from the University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine and a Medical Research Council of Canada scholarship. In addition, he was the recipient of the University of Western Ontario Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology Research Day Award two years in a row, a rare accomplishment. Ranking among the few practitioners in the world dedicated solely to excision of endometriosis, Dr. Sinervo joined the Center in 2001 and serves at the head of the practice as Medical Director. A MIGS Fellowship Preceptor, Dr. Sinervo devotes countless hours to the training and education of tomorrow’s surgeons, and routinely hosts visiting surgeons who wish to increase their training in MIGS/LAPEX from around the world. He is also a Physician Director within the COEMIG program and serves at the helm of the Center’s various research endeavors as a Co-Investigator. Dr. Sinervo is pleased to serve on various peer review and medical advisory boards, and remains an active contributor to many professional medical and healthcare societies. He can most recently be seen in the Endo What? groundbreaking documentary on the disease. Dr. Sinervo consults for various biotechnology, device and industry institutions and remains extensively involved in both the patient and professional sectors, contributing his compassionate expertise to countless endeavors to advance disease advocacy, awareness and education. A noted author and speaker who lectures internationally, he has countless abstracts, publications and presentations to his credit and is routinely called on by the media and leading consumer and professional health publications for his expertise in endometriosis and advanced gynecologic endoscopy. Dr. Sinervo was previously selected to serve as the 5th Annual Visiting Professor of the University of Calgary and Alberta Health Services in British Columbia, a prestigious program wherein he presented a series of courses and Grand Rounds ranging from pathophysiology to treatment of endometriosis, including complex abdominopelvic and thoracic cases, to residents, physicians, faculty and industry attendees. He maintains, however, that the greatest reward of his life’s work is to be able to make a positive impact on the health and well-being for the individuals he treats. Dr. Sinervo considers himself extremely fortunate and blessed for the opportunity to serve his patients through a combination of expert surgical care and compassion for their physical, emotional and spiritual needs.

• English

• Toronto Sch Of Med, Toronto, Ont, Canada (Inactive) (Grad. 1995)

• Endometriosis
  • Chronic pelvic pain in women

• Top 10 Gynecologists in the World