Ratings for Dr. Ken R. Sinervo

My name is Jennifer, and it’s been 3 months since my excision surgery. I’d like to share my story. This self-directed learning library, Dr. Sinervo and Dr. Arrington at the Center for Endometriosis in Atlanta saved my life. I started my period when I was twelve years old. From age 12 to 36, every single period included nausea, vomiting, extreme fatigue, severe back pain, food sensitivities, bloating and painful bowel movements. For years, I was not taken seriously by medical professionals. Everyone here knows what it’s like to feel marginalized and misdiagnosed. In my case, I believe my legitimate medical concerns were dismissed both due to the lack of knowledge/skill of physicians but also due to the fact that I was in the foster care system. For these reasons, I was told that my pain was in my head. I was told that I needed therapy. I was told that if I was throwing up that much, I must have an eating disorder. (While I certainly understand that needing therapy or having an eating disorder are valid medical diagnoses that should always be addressed, those diagnoses were incorrect for me). I was told that I was just complaining for attention. I was told that periods are just painful. Once, I was told by a doctor that food sensitivities were a fad and that if I really wanted to gain weight, I should go home and eat a pizza. None of the boxes doctors put me in were valid. The truth is, all those years, I had deep and widespread endometriosis, and I needed proper care. After suffering all through undergrad and law school with undiagnosed endometriosis, I took a full-time job at a university and began dating my current partner, David. Unfortunately, in June of last year, after working for my employer for more than 5 years, my disease became so debilitating, and I was let go from my job. I decided to go to Emory, the same place I’d been going for 3 years for my women’s health needs, to get answers. Finally, Emory decided to operate to explore the possibility of endometriosis...a word I had never heard before. I had surgery at Emory in July of 2018. At my post op appointment, I asked my surgeon if I underwent excision or ablation surgery. She said they were the same thing. I told her that I still had pain, and she encouraged me to see my primary care physician about that. I do want to note that this OBGYN surgeon is very well respected in her field and did her best. Unfortunately, she is NOT an endometriosis expert qualified to properly treat my disease. Within 2 months of the surgery at Emory, all the pain and all the symptoms had returned. I was jobless, extremely sick, and I needed answers. I didn’t need a support group. I needed direct, life-saving answers. That’s when I found Nancy’s Nook. That’s when I found Dr. Sinervo, Dr. Arrington and the Center for Endometriosis in Atlanta. After reviewing my case, Dr. Sinervo agreed to take me on as a patient. During a time when some partners would have been running for the hills, David sat me down, told me that we’d get through this and proposed. I said yes. Then, I met with Dr. Sinervo regarding my surgery that would take place at Northside Hospital. When I spoke to him, he said, “I believe you.” He heard me. He had unmatched compassion. I had surgery on January 7, 2019. I feel better than I have EVER felt. I have an appetite, I’m gaining weight, my endometriosis pain is relieved and my energy level is improving. I am working through some back pain with physical therapy and light yoga. It’s working. Nancy understands that the self-directed library model is what people need to truly advocate for themselves. I’m grateful that Dr. Sinervo and Dr. Arrington have made it their life’s work to properly and compassionately treat endometriosis. Because of Nancy’s Nook and the Center for Endometriosis, I get to wake up without pain. I get to eat without worrying about whether I’ll get sick. I get to plan my wedding and walk down the aisle to officially get the family I’ve always wanted WITHOUT PAIN. I have my life back. I’m forever grateful.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2019

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
Dear Jennifer, we are so humbled and grateful for this incredible review. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences and journey with this disease. We are honored to count you among our patient family and appreciate you so much!

Submitted April 4, 2019

When you stand in front of Dr. Sinervo, you know you are standing in front of greatness. With a combination of skill, intelligence and compassion, he validates all of the years of suffering you've experienced, and he gives you back your life. I am forever grateful for him and his staff.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2019

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
Thank you SO much for this wonderful commentary. We are very humbled and so grateful to have had a hand in your care. We are fortunate to count you among our patient family, and we appreciate your trust so much. Thank you again!

Submitted September 25, 2019

Perfaotmed LAPEX and PSN among many other procedures in Oct ‘16 at the age of 39. Drastically improved my life, relieving pain that I had dealt with since childhood. Just wanted to drop in and say THANKS AGAIN!!!! So personable AND spectacular surgeon. Diligence at its finest. -Amanda

flag | Submitted August 2, 2019

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
Thank you so much! We are so glad to hear you are doing well and so grateful to have you share your experiences. It is an honor and a privilege to have had a hand in your care, and we are always here when you need us. Thank you again!

Submitted August 5, 2019

It took 2 surgeries and 1 year to heal, but now I am PAIN FREE! This man & his staff too care about YOU.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2019

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
Thank you so much for sharing your experiences. This is such a difficult disease to live with, and we are so glad you are feeling better. Thank you so much for the opportunity to have helped you, and please know we are always here for you whenever you need us. Painfree blessings to you!

Submitted July 29, 2019

Dr. Sinervo saves my life, only a week post op and I have no endometriosis pain. He prayed with me, held my hand until being put under and gave me a big warm hug every time he saw me. I never once worried that anything was going to go wrong because I KNEW I was in great hands. Not only is he compassionate but extremely confident in his work and ability to help you. This is a decision I will never regret and forever be thankful for.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2019

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
This means the world to us, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences! We know how difficult this disease is to live with, and it is an honor and privilege to be able to try and help those who struggle with endometriosis. We are so fortunate to have had the opportunity to assist you and are here for you whenever you need us. Thank you again!

Submitted July 11, 2019

If you're on the fence, get off and get to the CEC. Sinervo and his team are top notch.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2019

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
Thank you so much for this! It means the world to us and we appreciate you sharing! We are very honored and will continue to strive to earn your high marks. Thank you again!

Submitted May 16, 2019

My name is Melany. I have never had a better experience than I did with Dr Sinervo and his staff. I came from Birmingham AL to have surgery there. I only wish every physician was as kind and compassionate as Dr. Sinervo. I can't believe how amazing he is. He prayed with me before my surgery (which is just standard for him) and held my hand during the time in the OR before I fell asleep to keep me calm and at ease. He hugged me and my Mom so many times because he's just KIND and I absolutely love him for how he helped me!!! I wish every woman would be able to come to him for their needs. I personally had Ovarian Remnant Syndrome and I won't have any issues now thanks to him! Prior to meeting him I had already had three surgeries for that specific condition that never quite fixed the issue. He is so knowledgeable and caring. I wish every woman I know could to go to him!! Best doctor ever!!! Amazing!!

flag | Submitted May 4, 2019

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
Thank you so much, Melany! It is an honor to have had a hand in your care and we wish you pain free days always. We appreciate your trust in us and are grateful that you've shared your experience so that others can have hope. We are so grateful for you!

Submitted May 6, 2019

I can't say enough great things about Dr Sinervo and the CEC and am so grateful for the care I have received there. I had surgery in Feb. for endometriosis, as well as an appendectomy and cholecystectomy. After years of being told there was nothing really wrong with me by other providers, to have Dr Sinervo tell me that he would be prepared for any level of disease gave me such peace. It is a large part of why I traveled to the CEC from Seattle. His staff is absolutely amazing too!

flag | Submitted May 2, 2019

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
Thank you SO much for your kind words! We so appreciate you taking the time to share your experience, and please know we are always here for you should you need anything at all. We are honored to count you among the CEC family. With gratitude from the whole team-thank you again!

Submitted May 2, 2019

Dr.Sinervo truly saved my life. I had recurring catemenial pneomothorax and other issues do to endometriosis for years. Dr.Sinervo chose the best solution for me after having had other procedures by others physicians that did not help. When he went in to do the surgery he discovered another issue where the endometriosis had caused my diaphragm to rupture. Dr.Sinervo was so great at explaining the situation and getting me the best cardio thoracic Dr to fix that issue. He even made time to see me before that surgery and pray with me. There really couldn't be a better doctor than Dr. Ken Sinervo. I thank him so much for giving me my life back.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2019

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
Thank you so much for sharing this experience. We are so grateful for your trust in our extended team and feel honored to have the privilege of treating you. We are here for you, always. THANK YOU once again! We send our gratitude and appreciation your way!

Submitted March 12, 2019

DR. Sinervo and the entire CEC staff have been such a blessing to me. They genuinely care about their patients. When they say they are there for you they mean it. When I developed an issue after returning home they worked with the physicians here to make sure I was receiving the best care possible. They educated myself and my husband about tests, procedures, etc. When things did not work out with the physician here they stepped up to take care of me in Atlanta. The entire staff has made sure I am comfortable during the entire process. Dr. Sinervo has been incredible at keeping myself and my husband informed. He cares for his patients and it is apparent we are a priority. I will forever be grateful to him and the staff at the CEC for making sure I am able to get my life back. I know I am free of endometriosis since Dr. Sinervo was able to check during my last surgery. I can definitely tell the difference already and am happy to say I no longer experience any of my former endometriosis pain. My only wish is that I would have found him sooner! But I am excited to get back to my active lifestyle very soon!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2019

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
Thank you so much for being part of our patient family and sharing your experiences. We are truly grateful and humbled, and we know what a privilege it is to care for individuals with endometriosis. We are always here when you need us. Thank you again!!!

Submitted March 11, 2019

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Ken Sinervo, MD MSc FRCSC ACGE, Medical Director Center for Endometriosis Care | Kenny R. Sinervo MD FRCSC, LLC A Center of Expertise in Endometriosis 6105 PEACHTREE DUNWOODY ROAD | BUILDING B, SUITE 230 | ATLANTA, GA 30328 Phone: 770-913-0001 | Fax: 770-913-0005 | centerforendo.com Dr. Ken Sinervo is an award-winning, internationally renowned gynecologic surgeon specializing in advanced Laparoendoscopic Excision of Endometriosis (LAPEX) and Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery (MIGS). A humble, compassionate physician who truly cares for his patients, Dr. Sinervo has received multiple honors throughout his career, including being named among the "Top Ten Gynecologists in the World," “Top Obstetricians & Gynecologists from around the World” and receiving “Top Doctor,” "Top 10 Doctors," "Most Compassionate Physician," "Best in Atlanta" and countless other awards. Most recently, he was awarded the "Patient's Choice" honor for the fifth consecutive year in a row, a distinction achieved by only 1% of practicing physicians in the United States. A native of Ontario, Dr. Sinervo is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada, a Junior Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics & Gynecology in the United States, a member of the Society of Obstetrics & Gynecology in Canada, and of the AAGL, the leading association promoting Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery worldwide. Dr. Sinervo is also the past Chairman of the AAGL Special Interest Group on Endometriosis & Reproductive Surgery. He previously completed an AAGL Fellowship in Pelvic Endoscopic Surgery and earned his undergraduate degree at the University of Western Ontario in Canada with Honors in Psychology and was awarded his MSc in 1993 there as well. Dr. Sinervo completed medical school at the University of Toronto and served his residency at the University of Calgary. He has been awarded many scholarships for his academic performance, including the Dr. Fred Douglas Memorial Award for Outstanding Achievement in Medicine from the University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine and a Medical Research Council of Canada scholarship. In addition, he was the recipient of the University of Western Ontario Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology Research Day Award two years in a row, a rare accomplishment. Ranking among the few practitioners in the world dedicated solely to excision of endometriosis, Dr. Sinervo joined the Center in 2001 and serves at the head of the practice as Medical Director. A MIGS Fellowship Preceptor, Dr. Sinervo devotes countless hours to the training and education of tomorrow’s surgeons, and routinely hosts visiting surgeons who wish to increase their training in MIGS/LAPEX from around the world. He also serves at the helm of the Center’s various research endeavors. Dr. Sinervo is pleased to serve on various peer review and medical advisory boards, and remains an active contributor to many professional medical and healthcare societies. He can most recently be seen in the Endo What? groundbreaking documentary on the disease. Dr. Sinervo consults for various institutions and remains extensively involved in both the patient and professional sectors, contributing his compassionate expertise to countless endeavors to advance disease advocacy, awareness and education. A noted author and speaker who lectures internationally, he has countless abstracts, publications and presentations to his credit and is routinely called on by the media and leading consumer and professional health publications for his expertise in endometriosis and advanced gynecologic endoscopy. Dr. Sinervo was previously selected to serve as the 5th Annual Visiting Professor of the University of Calgary and Alberta Health Services in British Columbia, a prestigious program wherein he presented a series of courses and Grand Rounds ranging from pathophysiology to treatment of endometriosis, including complex abdominopelvic and thoracic cases, to residents, physicians, faculty and industry attendees. He maintains, however, that the greatest reward of his life’s work is to be able to make a positive impact on the health and well-being for the individuals he treats. Dr. Sinervo considers himself extremely fortunate and blessed for the opportunity to serve his patients through a combination of expert surgical care and compassion for their physical, emotional and spiritual needs.

• English

• Toronto Sch Of Med, Toronto, Ont, Canada (Inactive) (Grad. 1995)

• Endometriosis
  • Chronic pelvic pain in women

• Top 10 Gynecologists in the World