Ratings for Dr. Ken R. Sinervo

I suffered from severe pain for 10 years before discovering Dr. Sinervo and the CEC. I was told I had no chance of conceiving naturally, and that any pain alleviation would only be temporary unless I underwent a hysterectomy. Dr. Sinervo was the first, and only, physician to give me hope--not only hope for a pain-free life, but hope that I could one day become pregnant. In the 4 1/2 years since my surgery at the CEC for Stage IV Endometriosis, I have had NO return of symptoms--something every other OB-GYN assured me was highly unlikely. I have also conceived naturally and am expecting my first child in the fall of 2016. I cannot recommend D. Sinervo and the CEC highly enough to anyone suffering from this debilitating disease!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

I have spent 20 years of my life in excruciating pain, often curled up in my bed, hoping to be free from the debilitating disease that controlled my life. By the time I was in my early 30’s, the pain had become chronic and intolerable. I tried everything- birth control pills, surgeries, yoga, acupuncture, Chinese herbal remedies--but the pain was merciless.Day and night, I read books on how to live with pain. I detested my life. I stopped doing things I once loved- hanging out with friends, watching movies, reading, traveling. I was exasperated at how the pain made me immobile, fatigued and depressive. I silently prayed for a pain-free life, every waking minute. I resented the emotional and financial toll that my Stage IV endometriosis took on my family in the US and in India—huge loans for failed dreams of having a baby, my parents’ and sister’s frantic, nervous phone calls from India, my husband’s relentless concern for my suffering and his undying love for me, and my own alienation from my work and social life. It took me a little too long to discover Dr. Sinervo, but when I finally did, he gave me my life back!I am 7 months out of surgery and haven’t taken a single pain medication since then!My new life feels like a dream and not a day goes by when I do not think of Dr. Sinervo’s role in my battle with this cruel disease. A genius in his own right, he is also the kindest, humblest doctor I have met in my 35-years. Words fail me when I think of him, his expertise and infinite compassion.From the very first phone call(he actually calls up his patients and gives them a trajectory of the treatment even before meeting them)to the post-operative appointment - Dr. Sinervo personifies hope, generosity,warmth, care. He never tired in answering my million panicked pre-operative questions, held my hands and prayed with me moments before my surgery, and was there to greet me once I was endo-free!What more can a woman who has silently suffered paralyzing pain for years and been dismissed by “experts,” ever ask for? He is a godsend to women like me. He successfully excised all my endo without doing a hysterectomy. None of the doctors I had seen so far even considered that a possibility.“Try for a baby immediately” or “total hysterectomy”- were the only possible remedies so far suggested.No one ever empathized or understood the near-impossibility of conceiving when you are in agonizing pain 24X7(not to mention that Stage IV endometriosis affects your fertility anyway).The other amazing thing is that I did not feel any discomfort the moment I woke up from my surgery!I have had 4 surgeries before and terrible associated memories of waking up in pain.With Dr. Sinervo, I woke up from a 5 hour-long surgery and already felt better! CEC made me feel important and personally cared for. Having had my suffering trivialized over the years by doctors, for the first time ever I felt validated about my painful condition. Everyone at CEC was phenomenal: Debbie was the first member of CEC that we met on our first visit to the Center.I distinctly recall that my years of pent-up emotional anxiety associated with the disease vanished magically within seconds with Debbie’s warmth as she assured my husband and me that Dr. Sinervo will “fix” me!Nurses Britney and Marilyn, both incredibly friendly and efficient who invariably managed to cheer me up, no matter how nervous I was.Jean, with her unwavering patience never tired in answering my million questions about billing and post-operative care. Alex, Arielle and Anna, supremely competent and accommodating, even filled out prescriptions for me on a late Friday evening when CEC officially was closed!As for Heather, no superlatives can truly capture her dedication, professionalism and kindness.I cannot thank her enough for her untiring practical help and constant emotional support as my family and I went through this difficult phase.From the logistics of finding best, affordable accommodations for my parents(who flew from India for my surgery)to answering my infinite questions about pretty much everything, to just being there for us, she truly is amazing.In her, I not only found a medical researcher and advocate, but one of my best well-wishers and a dear friend. CEC redefines the meaning of compassionate care in the medical community.My experience at CEC has changed my perspective towards life as well.I plan to actively spread awareness about the disease for as long as I live.Thank you Drs. Sinervo, Kongoasa, Heather and the entire CEC family for making what seemed impossible to me, a beautiful reality -the reality of leading a life where I can once again travel, read, see the world, prepare to become a mother, all without any pain!To all women suffering from this painful disease,I can only say this:You will never regret making a trip to see Dr. Sinervo!Yes, he will fix you!You will come back a changed,healthier, happier you!Thank you Dr. Sinervo for empowering countless women every day!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016

He is the best and only doctor I trust. After having 6 surgeries in a year and half including a total hysterectomy and still had endo he finally removed my endo.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

Dr. Sinervo is truly a miracle doctor. My health issues and concerns have been pushed aside for 11 years. Every year I had increasing pain that was hindering my day to day life. Countless times I had to cancel plans I had with friends or call off from work because I physically could not move without excruciating pain all while doctors told me it wasn't as bad as I was making it out to be or flat out denied any issue I had. I had lost all hope on having a normal life and considering a family for my future. Dr. Sinervo gave me my life back! He gave me a chance to actually live again, enjoy life again. From the moment I walked in his office I was greeted by very nice staff and knew I would be taken care of. His staff is phenomenal and great at making sure every need is taking care of and every question is answered. Dr. Sinervo and his staff gave me what everyone else said wasn't possible. He rid my body of endometriosis early this month and although it hasnt been long I already feel so much better than I have in years. He is worth every penny it costs and every mile it takes to travel to him. He is truly the best of the best!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

Being told for decades - "you are exaggerating", "it can't be that bad", "its in your head", "if you have any disease its really only mild", "there is nothing wrong with you - all your blood work and imaging tests are normal"...I can go on and on.....sound familiar? You are not alone. After being bounced around the system and un-diagnosed for nearly 40% of my life I finally had a local Gyn take a 'peak' inside. Only to lyse a few adhesions and suggest a chemotherapy agent for treatment. By this time, I was no longer working in my profession, unable to handle the roles of housewife and parent. The doctors in my area who saw me, apart from my GP either truly did not listen to me, didn't realize the extent of disability and manifestations of disease or were simply unqualified in education and skill levels to address my problems comprehensively yet either did not recognize this failed to refer my case to someone who could help me. I did my homework and - looking back- placing my healthcare needs in the hands of Dr. Sinervo was THE very best decision I have ever made. But hey, who is looking back? I am looking forward now! Dr. Sinervo is, by far, the most comprehensive 'complete package' physician I have encountered in my lifetime (as a patient AND as a healthcare provider myself). Seriously, we all 'know' our bodies, better than the doctors, right? Imagine being a healthcare provider with all this knowledge and STILL have doctors doubt you. Dr. Sinervo never questioned the presence or degree of symptom severity. He has true compassion and really LISTENS. He is amazingly methodical and detailed in all aspects of care. His records review, properative planning and physical examination are top-notch. His demeanor and the environment of the clinic and support staff are conducive to the patient feeling at ease to ask any questions and allow the visit to evolve at a pace conducive to your mental, emotional and physical wellness. All associated interactions and procedures from hospital pre-op through day of surgery events and hospital stay are supportive and provide a relaxed and healing environment which keeps the stress loads as low as possible to nurture rest and healing. Even my husband, who is very uncomfortable around doctors and hospitals, felt so at ease with Dr. Sinervo through all interactions and, in-particular during a period of time where I was experiencing some early post-operative events, Dr. Sinervo was right with my husband - his presence, interactions and knowledge base was very comforting to my husband (which says A LOT!). I am 5 months post-operative now and, speaking from my heart, my life has been forever changed by my experience and outcomes. Dr. Sinervo and all those associated with him- I am forever grateful. My hope is restored and look forward to returning to my profession and quality of life that I though was lost forever -only now, its headed in a new direction. Thank You Dr. Sinervo and company!!!!!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

Dr. Sinervo is truly a gifted doctor. I had 6 prior surgeries, including a total hysterectomy, for endometriosis and adhesions, prior to finding Dr. Sinervo. He did an amazing job and the care before and after the surgery was excellent. I would highly recommend him to anyone who has endometriosis and/or adhesions. My only regret is that I did find him sooner!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

After several surgeries with my local specialists, I needed to try someone new. I found Dr. Sinervo and traveled to Atlanta for surgery. I am only a few weeks out of surgery and feel better then I ever have before!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

In March of 2011, at the age of 20, I underwent my first laparoscopic surgery to treat my endometriosis in which my doctor at the time told me I would have a less than 1% chance of conceiving naturally. For years I suffered from debilitating pain from this disease and it did not go away even after my surgery. My father had done extensive research and found outstanding reviews for Dr. Kenny Sinervo. Exactly a year after my first surgery, I underwent a second surgery performed by Dr. Sinervo. The morning of, he prayed with me as I was being prepped for surgery and made me feel so comforted with his words and by his presence. Prior to and after my surgery, he provided nothing but knowledgeable and comforting information regarding my individual case. It has been over three years now and I have not suffered from the debilitating endometriosis at all. Finally I am able to live without pain and any of the other phychologic aspects that go along with this disease. What's better? I was once told I would have a less than 1% chance of conceiving on my own and I am now the proud mother of a beautiful little girl, all thanks to Dr. Sinervo. The world needs more doctors like him:)

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

Dr. Sinervo has given me hope. He is compassionate, empathetic, and knowledgeable. He and his entire staff treated me with the upmost respect. He listened and answered all of my questions. He took time with me and never rushed. I traveled from Louisiana and would do it again. Easily the best MD I've ever seen.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

Gifted surgeon. Had a major dermoid ovarian mass that was excised. I highly recommend him to anyone with GYN conditions.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Ken Sinervo, MD MSc FRCSC ACGE, Medical Director Center for Endometriosis Care | Kenny R. Sinervo MD FRCSC, LLC A COEMIG-Designated Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology & Center of Expertise in Endometriosis 1140 Hammond Drive | Perimeter Town Center | Building F, Suite 6220 | Atlanta, GA 30328 USA Phone: 770-913-0001 | Fax: 770-913-0005 | centerforendo.com Dr. Ken Sinervo is an award-winning, internationally renowned gynecologic surgeon specializing in advanced Laparoendoscopic Excision of Endometriosis (LAPEX) and Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery (MIGS). A humble, compassionate physician who truly cares for his patients, Dr. Sinervo has received multiple honors throughout his career, including being named among the "Top Ten Gynecologists in the World," “Top Obstetricians & Gynecologists from around the World” and receiving “Top Doctor,” "Top 10 Doctors," "Most Compassionate Physician," "Best in Atlanta" and countless other awards. Most recently, he was awarded the "Patient's Choice" honor for the fifth consecutive year in a row, a distinction achieved by only 1% of practicing physicians in the United States. A native of Ontario, Dr. Sinervo is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada, a Junior Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics & Gynecology in the United States, a member of the Society of Obstetrics & Gynecology in Canada, and of the AAGL, the leading association promoting Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery worldwide. Dr. Sinervo was recently elected Vice Chairman of the AAGL Special Interest Group on Endometriosis and Reproductive Surgery and serves as a member of the Standards Committee for the Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology (COEMIG). He previously completed an AAGL Fellowship in Pelvic Endoscopic Surgery and earned his undergraduate degree at the University of Western Ontario in Canada with Honors in Psychology and was awarded his MSc in 1993 there as well. Dr. Sinervo completed medical school at the University of Toronto and served his residency at the University of Calgary. He has been awarded many scholarships for his academic performance, including the Dr. Fred Douglas Memorial Award for Outstanding Achievement in Medicine from the University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine and a Medical Research Council of Canada scholarship. In addition, he was the recipient of the University of Western Ontario Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology Research Day Award two years in a row, a rare accomplishment. Ranking among the few practitioners in the world dedicated solely to excision of endometriosis, Dr. Sinervo joined the Center in 2001 and serves at the head of the practice as Medical Director. A MIGS Fellowship Preceptor, Dr. Sinervo devotes countless hours to the training and education of tomorrow’s surgeons, and routinely hosts visiting surgeons who wish to increase their training in MIGS/LAPEX from around the world. He is also a Physician Director within the COEMIG program and serves at the helm of the Center’s various research endeavors as a Co-Investigator. Dr. Sinervo is pleased to serve on various peer review and medical advisory boards, and remains an active contributor to many professional medical and healthcare societies. Dr. Sinervo consults for various biotechnology, device and industry institutions and remains extensively involved in both the patient and professional sectors, contributing his compassionate expertise to countless endeavors to advance disease advocacy, awareness and education. He has been particularly active in striving for reforms in insurance and coverage issues, which often complicate endometriosis care for many individuals. A noted author and speaker who lectures internationally, he has countless abstracts, publications and presentations to his credit and is routinely called on by the media and leading consumer and professional health publications for his expertise in endometriosis and advanced gynecologic endoscopy. Most recently, Dr. Sinervo was selected to serve as the 5th Annual Visiting Professor of the University of Calgary and Alberta Health Services in British Columbia, wherein he presented a series of courses and Grand Rounds ranging from pathophysiology to treatment of endometriosis, including complex abdominopelvic and thoracic cases, to residents, physicians, faculty and industry attendees. He maintains, however, that the greatest reward of his life’s work is to be able to make a positive impact on the health and wellbeing for the individuals he treats. Dr. Sinervo considers himself extremely fortunate for the opportunity to serve his patients through a combination of expert surgical care and compassion for their physical, emotional and spiritual needs.

• English

• Toronto Sch Of Med, Toronto, Ont, Canada (Inactive) (Grad. 1995)

• Top 10 Gynecologists in the World