Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Ken R. Sinervo

Dr.Sinervo truly saved my life. I had recurring catemenial pneomothorax and other issues do to endometriosis for years. Dr.Sinervo chose the best solution for me after having had other procedures by others physicians that did not help. When he went in to do the surgery he discovered another issue where the endometriosis had caused my diaphragm to rupture. Dr.Sinervo was so great at explaining the situation and getting me the best cardio thoracic Dr to fix that issue. He even made time to see me before that surgery and pray with me. There really couldn't be a better doctor than Dr. Ken Sinervo. I thank him so much for giving me my life back.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2019

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
Thank you so much for sharing this experience. We are so grateful for your trust in our extended team and feel honored to have the privilege of treating you. We are here for you, always. THANK YOU once again! We send our gratitude and appreciation your way!

Submitted March 12, 2019

DR. Sinervo and the entire CEC staff have been such a blessing to me. They genuinely care about their patients. When they say they are there for you they mean it. When I developed an issue after returning home they worked with the physicians here to make sure I was receiving the best care possible. They educated myself and my husband about tests, procedures, etc. When things did not work out with the physician here they stepped up to take care of me in Atlanta. The entire staff has made sure I am comfortable during the entire process. Dr. Sinervo has been incredible at keeping myself and my husband informed. He cares for his patients and it is apparent we are a priority. I will forever be grateful to him and the staff at the CEC for making sure I am able to get my life back. I know I am free of endometriosis since Dr. Sinervo was able to check during my last surgery. I can definitely tell the difference already and am happy to say I no longer experience any of my former endometriosis pain. My only wish is that I would have found him sooner! But I am excited to get back to my active lifestyle very soon!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2019

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
Thank you so much for being part of our patient family and sharing your experiences. We are truly grateful and humbled, and we know what a privilege it is to care for individuals with endometriosis. We are always here when you need us. Thank you again!!!

Submitted March 11, 2019

I am 5 days post-op and feeling better than I have after any of my previous endo related surgeries, performed by other doctors over the past 7 years. Dr. Sinervo was referred to me by one of his former patients; and for me, it was like the difference between having my life back or continuing to let my endo take everything good from me in my life on a daily basis. Dr. Sinervo almost sounded too good to be true; I was almost too scared to even get my hopes up- especially after numerous of doctors/specialists, 20 years of pain, multitudes of misdiagnoses, days of unnecessary picking and prodding like a lab rat, 2 un-successful surgeries, etc. From the moment I spoke with Dr. Sinervo on the phone directly to my post-op appointment with him less than just 48 hours ago, I've felt nothing but confidence in his ability to get me back to the person I was before endo took control of my life. His professionalism is unparalleled; his compassion is genuine; his ability to connect as a male in this field, rare. He took every precaution necessary or thinkable in making my surgery (pre, during, and post) the most effective and successful as it could be. He took the time to explain my procedures and conditions to me in terms I could understand and allowed me the opportunity to ask questions. I never once felt rushed or pressured; he allowed me the time I needed and never showed any sign of impatience (and I know he's a busy man). I felt like he was genuinely interested in me as a patient; he was personable and animated- what I value in a provider (some appropriate, candid humor is much more appealing than a monotone robot). Both me and Dr. Sinervo feel very optimistic about my prognosis post-op; and as I've already mentioned, I'm already feeling much better than I have at this point compared to previous surgeries by other providers to treat the same conditions(s). I have more hope than I ever have, and there is great joy in the confidence within Dr. Sinvero's statement of "the endo is finally gone". I expect a new life now, and feel good about it. If anyone reading this has never had this type of surgery before, gas pain is completely normal (but it feels like Dr. Sinervo's staff are fully prepared to help manage this better than any others I have encountered). Recovery is going well so far- and this is coming from someone who has been told in the past 1.5 years by 4 different doctors that I was going to have to have a hysterectomy ASAP. I did NOT have a hysterectomy- and I think I'm finally going to have my life back- at the end of this recovery (I will have to do the recommend pelvic floor PT for full pain elimination- something no other doctor, except for Dr. Sinervo, had taken the time to explain)- all thanks to Dr. Sinervo. I am forever indebted. Jet

flag | Submitted January 26, 2019

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
Thank you SO much for taking the time to share your experiences! We greatly appreciate it, and we are so honored to count you among the CEC patient family. We are here whenever you may need us! Thank you again, sincerest gratitude to you!

Submitted January 28, 2019

The Center for Endometriosis is a true center of excellence in terms of endometriosis care. I could not have been more pleased with my treatment and results.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2019

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
Thank you so much for your vote of confidence! We appreciate your trust in us and making the choice to come to Atlanta. It means the world to us! Much gratitude to you!

Submitted January 22, 2019

My mother and grandmother both had to have hysterectomies with intestinal resection in their thirties due to severe endometriosis. My symptoms started at 13 years old. Luckily, my incredible mother did her research and found Dr. Sinervo. During my first appointment with him at fifteen years old, it was decided that I would need to undergo surgery. I was a very hormonal and terrified teenager. The process of endo surgery (pre, during, and post) is not glamorous and quite overwhelming, especially for such a young child. However, going through the process, I don’t believe there is a single person in the world that could have been as comforting and reassuring as Dr. Sinervo. I had previously been seen by a myrdiad of gynecologists, including pediatric specialists. None had such a reassuring bedside manner as him. The day of my surgery, I was incredibly nervous. I was heavily sedated once in the surgical area but Dr. Sinervo still asked if I would like to hold his hand and pray. This is a memory I have spoken of for years. Apparently, when I woke up and spoke to him, the first thing I asked was, “will I be able to have kids?” I remember asking again at a post oppointment. This has always been so important to me. I am now 21 years old and am coming to the end of my undergraduate pre-veterinary medicine education. I have worked 3 physical jobs consecutively throughout my undergraduate education. My life was completely changed by the surgery that Dr. Sinervo performed. I have been able to function normally throughout my periods since my surgery. If it weren’t for this change, I’m not sure I would have been so successful. I am looking forward to the next chapter of my life as I am confident that my reproductive health has been in the best care. I would highly recommend Dr. Sinervo to any patient struggling with endometriosis. I am so thankful for him and my mother for so uniquely and expertly guiding me through this treatment in the midst of my teenage angst. I look back on this experience with only positivity.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2018

After suffering for 5 years and undergoing 7 unsuccessful surgeries I found Dr. Sinervo and The Center for Endometriosis. In June of 2018 I had the remaining endometriosis removed along with a partial vaginectomy. It took me a lot longer to heal than I had anticipated, but with the help of Pelvic Floor PT and patience of Dr. Sinervo and his staff I am FINALLY so much better. Dr. Sinervo literally saved my life! I had spent years not able to work full time or be a present Mommy to my precious 5 year old little girl. Dr. Sinervo changed all of that! I just can't thank him and his staff enough! Yes, it is true he will pray with you and your family in pre-op and then he holds your hand as the anesthesiologist puts you into a comfortable sleep. I have never had a nicer and more caring Dr and would recommend him to ANYONE who has endometriosis issues. I even jokingly asked him if I could just keep him as my all around general Dr. There needs to be more Dr. Sinervos in the world, but I am so blessed that I found the one and only and that he took me on as a patient.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2018

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences! It is a privilege and an honor to count you among our patient family members. We appreciate your trust and hope that you continue to feel better and better each and every day. Happy Holidays!

Submitted December 10, 2018

Hy doctor, sorry beacuse I am texting here on this way..I am suffering of endometriosis for 9 years,I am from Croatia,Europe..I am ready to come to you beacuse I've heard you're the best doctor for endo but I don't know how to get to you..please can you leave me your mail so I can text you..or you can contact me to my,I'd be very thankful for that. Best regards, Kristina kristina_perovic1301@yahoo.com

flag | Submitted December 2, 2018

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
Hello, Kristina! You can start the process by visiting http://centerforendo.com/registrationforms-patientmaterial. We will also email you. Thank you so much!

Submitted December 3, 2018

Dr Kenny Sinervo has more knowledge about Endometriosis than any other doctor we have tried to make appointments to see. He also performed surgery on my daughter. It has been 8 months since and she only needs an advil on the 1st day of her menstrual cycle. No more over bearing pain for the 1st time in 9 years of suffering. Thanks Dr Sinervo.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2018

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
Thank you! We truly appreciate your incredible trust in our team on behalf of your daughter. We are grateful and so appreciative that you've taken the time to share your feedback and experiences. We know you have choices, and we are humbled that you chose Team Sinervo. Thank you so much again!

Submitted November 19, 2018

Dr. Ken Sinervo restored my life back to high quality in Ohio!! Eight years ago, after seeking advice from local surgeons who wanted to give me a full hysto, I prayed for an answer. I ended up on the www and went straight to his website. I called his office the next day and explained my insurance would change in 6 days and my endo would be pre-existing and not covered. He personally talked to me over MY lunch hour, told me to overnight my med records, he would review and he would call me back the next day. He said he could help me and within 4 days, I flew to Atlanta, had surgery, and recovered beautifully. This man is a soldier of God, prayed with me before and after surgery. I came out of surgery not needing pain meds and a partial hysto. Prior to surgery, I would take 10-12 Tylenol a day and eventually took Percocet. I couldn't walk most days. Eight years later, I still have a very active, wonderful life. This man restored my life. I cannot thank him enough. If you have endo or adno CALL HIM!!!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2018

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
Thank you so very, very much for sharing your experiences. We are so grateful that we have been able to help and that you are still doing well all these years later. We appreciate you so much and wish you continued good health and happiness. Thank you again! With gratitude, Dr Sinervo & team

Submitted November 16, 2018

Dr. Sinervo is a Godsend. After two surgeries in 10 weeks, I was in so much pain. My gyno thought my pain was constipation and sent me to numerous "experts" to rule out "X-Y-Z". The fact is he had no clue. That's when I came to CEC. Dr. Sinervo performed an exploratory LAPEX. He found stage 2 endometriosis in multiple places (which my gyno said he got only a year prior). It has been a little over a year since my surgery with Dr. Sinervo. Although, I cannot say I am perfect (due to other autoimmune diseases), I am so much better than when I went in for my surgery! The only thing I regret is not going to see him earlier for him to do my hysterectomy to begin with... I honestly believe that if he did my hysterectomy, I would not have had to have three surgeries in a year. Thank you Dr. Sinervo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2018

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's response
Thank you so much for sharing your experiences! We are grateful to be able to have made a difference in your endometriosis journey and appreciate your trust in our team! Thank you again!

Submitted November 7, 2018

Dr. Ken R. Sinervo's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Ken Sinervo, MD MSc FRCSC ACGE, Medical Director Center for Endometriosis Care | Kenny R. Sinervo MD FRCSC, LLC A Center of Expertise in Endometriosis 6105 PEACHTREE DUNWOODY ROAD | BUILDING B, SUITE 230 | ATLANTA, GA 30328 Phone: 770-913-0001 | Fax: 770-913-0005 | centerforendo.com Dr. Ken Sinervo is an award-winning, internationally renowned gynecologic surgeon specializing in advanced Laparoendoscopic Excision of Endometriosis (LAPEX) and Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery (MIGS). A humble, compassionate physician who truly cares for his patients, Dr. Sinervo has received multiple honors throughout his career, including being named among the "Top Ten Gynecologists in the World," “Top Obstetricians & Gynecologists from around the World” and receiving “Top Doctor,” "Top 10 Doctors," "Most Compassionate Physician," "Best in Atlanta" and countless other awards. Most recently, he was awarded the "Patient's Choice" honor for the fifth consecutive year in a row, a distinction achieved by only 1% of practicing physicians in the United States. A native of Ontario, Dr. Sinervo is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada, a Junior Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics & Gynecology in the United States, a member of the Society of Obstetrics & Gynecology in Canada, and of the AAGL, the leading association promoting Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery worldwide. Dr. Sinervo is also the past Chairman of the AAGL Special Interest Group on Endometriosis & Reproductive Surgery. He previously completed an AAGL Fellowship in Pelvic Endoscopic Surgery and earned his undergraduate degree at the University of Western Ontario in Canada with Honors in Psychology and was awarded his MSc in 1993 there as well. Dr. Sinervo completed medical school at the University of Toronto and served his residency at the University of Calgary. He has been awarded many scholarships for his academic performance, including the Dr. Fred Douglas Memorial Award for Outstanding Achievement in Medicine from the University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine and a Medical Research Council of Canada scholarship. In addition, he was the recipient of the University of Western Ontario Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology Research Day Award two years in a row, a rare accomplishment. Ranking among the few practitioners in the world dedicated solely to excision of endometriosis, Dr. Sinervo joined the Center in 2001 and serves at the head of the practice as Medical Director. A MIGS Fellowship Preceptor, Dr. Sinervo devotes countless hours to the training and education of tomorrow’s surgeons, and routinely hosts visiting surgeons who wish to increase their training in MIGS/LAPEX from around the world. He also serves at the helm of the Center’s various research endeavors. Dr. Sinervo is pleased to serve on various peer review and medical advisory boards, and remains an active contributor to many professional medical and healthcare societies. He can most recently be seen in the Endo What? groundbreaking documentary on the disease. Dr. Sinervo consults for various institutions and remains extensively involved in both the patient and professional sectors, contributing his compassionate expertise to countless endeavors to advance disease advocacy, awareness and education. A noted author and speaker who lectures internationally, he has countless abstracts, publications and presentations to his credit and is routinely called on by the media and leading consumer and professional health publications for his expertise in endometriosis and advanced gynecologic endoscopy. Dr. Sinervo was previously selected to serve as the 5th Annual Visiting Professor of the University of Calgary and Alberta Health Services in British Columbia, a prestigious program wherein he presented a series of courses and Grand Rounds ranging from pathophysiology to treatment of endometriosis, including complex abdominopelvic and thoracic cases, to residents, physicians, faculty and industry attendees. He maintains, however, that the greatest reward of his life’s work is to be able to make a positive impact on the health and well-being for the individuals he treats. Dr. Sinervo considers himself extremely fortunate and blessed for the opportunity to serve his patients through a combination of expert surgical care and compassion for their physical, emotional and spiritual needs.

• English

• Toronto Sch Of Med, Toronto, Ont, Canada (Inactive) (Grad. 1995)

• Endometriosis
  • Chronic pelvic pain in women

• Top 10 Gynecologists in the World