Ratings for Dr. Allen H. Hord

Dr Hord is a great doctor he understands when a patient is in horrible pain he orders MRI to find out exactly where your pain is located.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2016

Great Doctor! Very quiet at first........don't mistake this quietness as being rude far from it. He is focusing on your issue. He has a fantastic medical staff. Especially his nurse practitioner and PA's. Conservative treatment plans for pain management. Doesn't prescribe procedures and medication needlessly........he is always willing to answer a question thoroughly. There is a reason he continues to be voted by other Doctors as a Top Doctor in Atlanta according to Atlanta Magazine. I have referred several friends who had issues and they were thrilled with their treatment. The two negative reviews I read here were almost comical if they didn't attempt to ruin a good doctors name.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

After 2 years with this doctor I have given up. He is rude to me and his employees. He always seems in a hurry to get me in and out and never listens to anything I have to say.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

I have been a patient with Dr. Hord for several years and highly recommend him to anyone who has severe pain. His staff goes the extra step to make you feel comfortable and safe. I would give 6 stars if possible.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr hords for at least three years. The man is extremely busy but I know from personal experience that when you need him, he is there for you. He is a doctor, not a drug salesman. He cares about his patients and I believe he would walk through hell on a Sunday to help them. My son had an extremely serious car accident and was in ICu for a while. There are no beds or chairs in that area and I would not leave my son. Dr hord changed my meds temporarily so that I could stay with my son having to sleep in chairs and on the floor( something back patients shouldn't do normally). He made it possible for me to be with my son and not be crazy with pain. Another thing you should know about him. He had surgery and wasn't suppose to be working. But he snuck in for a little while just to check on things. Dr hord is genuinely concerned and very compassionate. I count myself fortunate to be his patient.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2014

This office is a procedure mill. I asked my neurologist for a referral in an effort to find a more permanent solution to occipital neuralgia. He didn't hesitate to schedule procedure after procedure. Yes this was a painful condition, yes it was occasionally severe enough to require narcotics. But they had no hesitation writing for large quantities of high dose opiates. This isn't how to manage patients... I insisted that they reduce the dose and worked with my neurologist to manage this with minimal medication. I seriously ran the risk of becoming an addict.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2013

I write to praise the new patient coordinator Jessica. My wife's neurologist says she needs to see a pain management doc. I saw Hord had solid reviews across several sites and so called to see if the practice was a good fit for my wife's case. Sound like no, but Jessica was just so sweet and helpful that I wanted to give a good review for her as representative of the front office.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2013

Please read my response after this posting made on 2/14/2013: "He is extremely rude throw his clip board on examine table and told me he had enough of me Would not pay attention to medical notes from other doctors His face would always turn red and would scare me He is very unprofessional I am 65 yr old and never had been treated the way he did me" SORRY, BUT I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS FOR ONE SECOND!! I have known Dr. Hord for more years than I can count and he is the most level headed person I know!!! I saw him get upset, UPSET, not throwing things, ONE TIME! It was obvious to me the person in front of him at that time was a drug seeker! She wanted more pain medication even though she should have had plenty, and he wouldn't give in to her demands! She was crying and carrying on in the pre op area. Dr. Hord keeps very clear and concise records. So, the above poster probably didn't get what she wanted and decided to come here and complain...all of the other ratings speak for Dr. Hord

flag | Submitted June 10, 2013

flag | Submitted February 14, 2013

Great doctor - my neurologist referred me to him for neuralgia treatment. He was great with medication management (short term fix) and concerned about finding a more permenant solution (radio ablation). Other pain management doctors seem to either push medication, or feel their procedures are a cure all and fail with medical management. Yeah he's not particularlly warm and fuzzy, but he knows what he's doing. Also, his PA Allison is great to work with.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2012

Dr. Allen H. Hord's Credentials

• Univ Of Ky Coll Of Med, Lexington Ky 40536 (Grad. 1983)