Ratings for Dr. Allen D. Beck

My teenager daughter is under Dr Beck's care of her glaucoma. We trust him completely.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

Dr. Beck is very knowledgeable. He is up to date on the latest research about glaucoma. It is worth driving an hour and a half to see him. Patients have to wait, but it is worth the wait. He has many people with serious eye problems waiting to see him. My mother went to Dr. Beck for 20 years. I have gone to him for 14 years.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2014

My husband and I both have glaucoma. We live in a small town and were driving an hour to our ophthalmology appointments. When our opthalmologist retired, my husband and I felt uncomfortable with his replacement. I phoned 1-800-EMORY and we were given appointments with Dr. Beck. We have been patients of Dr. Beck for more than 20 years. He has performed 3 glaucoma surgeries on my left eye, and I have total confidence in him. He takes a genuine interest in his patients. My husband and I now drive 1-1/2 hours to our appointments, fighting the awful traffic, but it's because we want the best possible eye care. We think Dr. Beck is great!!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Beck's for approx 13 yrs. He is excellent and very capable & knowledgeable in treatment of glaucoma. If he ever leaves Emory, I will follow him. Sometimes the appts get backed up, but it is worth the wait knowing that you will receive the best care possible.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2008

Dr. Beck frequently runs behind schedule, however his thoroughness and evaluation is worth waiting for. He sees many patients with extremely serious optical problems. It certainly would make patients more comfortable if the staff would come to a room and explain why the dr. is late, how soon to expect him, etc. One appreciates being well tended to when the situation is critical and therefore, I am willing to wait while people with immediate issues need to be attended to. Just inform waiting patients would be extremely nice.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2008

I got there on time. Filled in paperwork as a new patient, took a seat in the waiting room. My time in the waiting room was not very long. I estimate that I spent under 10 mins there. This made me pleased and I was optimistic that the visit with Dr. Beck would be just as smooth. Unfortunately, it wasnt the case. After getting a vision, and field vision tests, I was left waiting in the doctors office for about 35 mins. It felt like an enternity. Keep in mind that I am a working professional, who planned about to interrupt her work by a couple hours to visit the Opthamologist. After about 30 mins, I began to feel disrespected. It became clear to me that Dr. Beck may be one of those doctors with no regard for their patients time. In my books, when a Dr. shows no respect for his patients time nor their life-style then they show no respect for the patients life.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2005

Dr. Allen D. Beck's Credentials

• Emory Univ Sch Of Med, Atlanta Ga 30322 (Grad. 1989)

MSP/BC Med