Ratings for Dr. Sandra Sessoms

I’ve been seeing Dr Sessoms for 22 years and she is the best RA doc. She cares about her patients and will work with you in anyway she can to give you a better life with RA. She LISTENS and that’s half the battle.she keeps up on updated drug info studies to make sure we are taking the right drugs for our condition. She’s not an alarmist and is very reassuring. Kind, warm and sweet.. you people who were less than kind with your negative comments have problems that no Doc can solve. Dr Sessoms is retiring and try finding another RA doc with her experience and expertise. She will be missed by many of us and cannot be replaced. I wish her well and thank her for all her help, kindness and friendship. She has been rated in the top 200 physicians. Thank you, Dr Sessoms for all you do and for your contributions to the field of rheumatology, signed from a very old and devoted patient.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2017

This is the most recognized Rheumatologist in Houston Texas for patient care. I’ve been a patient for 35 years and the review I just read where they state she is cruel must be from someone who does not have a rheumatological disease and wanted to Bc in all of my 35 years of speaking to patients and knowing patients I’ve never ever heard that word used to describe her. You may wait for her bc she treats the entire person. She gives her undivided attention and does a full body scan besides talking to you about what’s going on physically mentally and personally. She is the most outstanding dr and and also I have been seeing drs in New York and LA and they all say I’m with the best. I can’t imagine that anyone who met with her could say this. This is a dr who has devoted her life to patient care and treating the whole body mind soul to assist in the best possible treatment I’d give her 100stars for the support assistance while I’ve been in and out of hospital and lack of ego where when needed will bring in the top physicians necessary. Ask anyone who has been her patient. She doesn’t take insurance yet we all still go to her. 10000 stars.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2017

How could one of the patients rate her as warm and kind hearted in a review? She is cold and indifferent and often even aggressive. She is a waste of time. I think she is downright cruel to some patients. I got out of there.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2017

I have RA and went to see the doctor for a second opinion on my diagnosis and treatment. I waited over an hour to see her assistant who proceeded to write my medical history and notes on a paper towel. She finally arrived and I had to repeat my symptoms and history several times bc she could not keep things straight. After going back and forth about my treatment, she decided that I needed to increase my dosage of methotrexate and add a biological drug that she pulled from her sample drawer which made no sense to me. She seemed confused and tried to test my strength in the most ridiculous ways like having me put my arms straight out and then she pulled them down with most of her body weight and then told me I was weak. I wasted a day on this since I came from Austin and $600.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2017

Best rheumatologist ever. Saved my life. I would recommend her to absolutely without a doubt and they'd be so thankful to find this kind warm hearted Dr who takes time with you and actually hears what you say. On a scale of 1-10 she's a 100!!!!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Dr. Sessoms is THE MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE, CARING RHEUMATOLOGIST I'VE EVEN BEEN TO. (I've been to many over the past 15 years after routine bloodwork indicated my ANA FACTOR was positive (320:1). I waa referred to a Rheumatologist who did a few tests and declared i had "Undiagnosed Connective Tissue Disease ", which left me dissatisfied. So i went to another rheumatologist, then another. I was frustrated that not 1 physician took it upon themsrlvea to ATTEMPT to make a REAL DIAGNOSIS, UNTIL DR. the label attached to me "Undiagnosed". I was extremely symptomatic, the "Undiagnosed" part of my disease made every dr. I saw hesitate to aggressively treat the disease. ,seemed that illing to spend the time to correctly diagnose . . I were done over the years by many so-called "expert " Rheumatologists, but NOT 1 had the tenacity & determination to make a CORRECT DIAGNOSIS. I remained labelled with an "Undiagnosed, Connective Tissue Disease" ANA Factor was 320:1. After going from Rheumatologist to RheumatologistRheumatologist, I finally found Dr. Sessoms. She's been an answer to my prayers. . Sessoms was NOT satisfied with the label stigma i had: "Undiagnosed", and was determined to discover which Connective Tissue Disease I have so it could be treated correctly. After only 2 visits to her, numerous tests, and her taking time to patiently asking questions,, she figured out what NO OTHER RHEUMATOLOGIST HAD BEEN ABLE TO DO. HER DETERMINATION, RESEARCH, AND KNOWLEDGE OF RHEUMATIC DISEASES IS ASTOUNDING. Ive never met a Physician who cares more for & about her patients & appreciate her patience & determination in diagnosing me. after 12 years of seeing physicians who she did to get to the bottom of what was going o I've been under her care for several years for Psoriatic Arthritis. She's the BEST!!!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

amazing doctor, definitely worth the long trip to see her

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. sessoms for almost 12 years now. I have not had anything except for the most excellent of care. Yesterday she sat and talked with me for over two hours, about a GI problem I've been having and how it can be related to my RA. We sat and she devised a nutrition plan and exercise plan to get my strength back up to speed. She does not accept my insurance, but I pay her out of my own pocket because she is so good and I wouldn't trust anyone else.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

I went to Dr. Sessoms 10 yrs. Kept declining. She had me on Metho./Enbrel. At one point she checked my vit.D which was horrifically low. It should have been checked years before.I became more & more fatigued. My muscles became weak. My legs would collapse out from under me. I had "M.S. like symptoms". I had to take a leave from my job. She delayed sending paperwork to my employer & when she finally did, she sent very personal medical info. that was not asked for & had nothing to do with my leave. When I complained about the very personal info. she sent to my employer which was not asked for nor needed, she fired me as a patient. This stopped my short term disability payments because I had to quickly find another rheumatologist. Like that is easy to do when you are flat on your back having to rest 20 of 24 hours a day, weak and in pain. A living hell. I would not send my worst enemy to her. She is not caring. I met a former patient of hers who told me her story which is just like mine.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2013

Dr. Sessoms is awesome but her follow up is awful and her staff is not helpful either. For both of my visits with her, there was no follow up on test results or Xrays....in fact, still wiating for my X ray and blood results from two months ago. I was advised she changed practices since my last visit when I called to follow up and upon calling her new practice administrator for either a result or copies of my records, was told some patients just slip through the cracks! Obviously,no matter how wonderful a bedside mannor, leaving patients hanging is most frustrating and only prolongs the challenge of addressing serious health issues.....still waiting on a call back!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2012

Dr. Sandra Sessoms's Credentials

• Baylor Coll Of Med, Houston Tx 77030 (Grad. 1978)