Ratings for Dr. David S. Weingarten

This doctor is excellent. He's thorough,doesn't jump to conclusions,genuinely concerned about patient health, and his judgement is great. I have a serious chronic illness (R.A), and have been to many doctors in the past -- mainly in the bay area in Calif. Dr. Weingarten is definitely one of the smartest and most competent physicians I've encountered. In the one year I've been seeing him, he has found two issues that needed addressing, and made a huge different in my health. If you are concerned about a health problem and need a good doctor, this is the guy to go to. His medical assistant is great too, very accessible by phone.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2012

He did refuse to increase pain meds for my grandma who was in hospice at 92, but explained that it was because a higher dosage would kill her sooner. It was an ethical decision. He is very intelligent and knowledgable. His bedside manner may be his weakest trait, but I'd prefer to have a doctor who is less emotionally comforting and knows what he's doing rather than the other way around. I was there when he told my grandma she was dying and I thought he did it with a very respectful but reality-based approach, which is what she needed. He is task oriented, so he may not be the best doctor for someone who is shy or very sensitive. By the way, he never saw my grandma until she was already in the dying stage- she had been switched from another doctor who did not tell us she was dying, but told us he wanted her in a nursing home (something the family had no intention of doing)- Dr. Weingarten never mentioned sending her to a nursing home- he was only interested in doing his job.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2006

Mother was 94 and in last stages of her life and in a lot of pain and he would not give enough pain medication to even make her comfortable. You could not talk to him and make him listen. "I am in control" attitude and will not listen to nurses or family or Hospice requests.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2006

not an understanding person. very cold and indifferent.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2005

Dr. David S. Weingarten's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 1989)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Roseburg, OR