Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey Rosen

Had to wait 4 hours to see the Dr. and then he tried to "sell" me on surgery and did not give me any other options. He seemed rushed and not very clear. I went to another orthopedic at hss and was told no surgery needed. Dr rosen seems to push surgery regardless of the need.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2012

I had seen Dr. Rosen for a consultation for some elbow/arm pain. During his examination he twisted my elbow/arm in an extreme matter that only made my pain and problem worse. I ended up needing surgery which I feel was casued by his manipulation of my elbow to an extreme range. I would stay far away from this Dr. for he is very sly and will make your problem worse then what u went in for.When I tried to call him afterwards to ask him about what he did he did not return any of my phone calls. I did my surgery at another orthopedic.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2011

I waited over an hour to see the Dr and when I was finally called in he was very abrupt and did not take the time to really go over my problem and films. He seemed to have other things on his mind instead of focusing in on my issue. I left very frustrated and had to look for and went to another orthopedic.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2011

I saw Dr. Rosen at his NYU office in the city but when I needed to follow up with him he was unreachable. I left a number of messages which were not returned and was not able to discuss my mri results with him. Very disappointed.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2011

I highly recommend Dr. Rosen. I went in for ACL replacement surgery, but they found during the operation that my bone was actually broken and had been for 20 years. I believe this situation would have tested any doctor's judgment and skills and he handled it (two surgeries) with care and confidence. He is personable and always available on email for the countless questions I forgot to ask in our face to face visits. He even emailed me while he was on vacation when I expressed concern about my rehab progress. He may be busy, but you have his attention while you are with him.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2008

After waiting over an hour for the Dr he seemed very knowledgeable and polite. However, once my MRI results were available to him he was unreachable -- I received one broken-up voicemail from him, and when his office recommended e-mailing him I received a one-line rude response & never got my results from him. I had to have the MRI faxed to my internist, who then referred me to another Dr. A shocking experience.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2007

Did surgery on my right knee. Excellent doctor who not only performed a very successful surgery, but also took the time to show me all the films on my knee, explain exactly what was wrong and what my options were. Made a surgery-phobic patient feel very relaxed. He also called me on my cel phone late at night when I got out of post-op to see how I was doing. Excellent doc.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2007

Responsive to his patients, thorough, patient, knowledgeable. Best doctor I have ever encountered in my life. He took me through two knee surgeries and I traveled across the country to see him and it was completely worth it. I have recommended him as a doctor to friends as well and everyone has wonderful things to say about him. His philosophy on whether or not to use surgery is spot on. If you can get him as a doctor, consider yourself lucky - you are truly in good hands.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2006

Dr. Jeffrey Rosen's Credentials

• Spanish

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1992)