Ratings for Dr. John Robert Ashley

Dr Ashley put me on an acne medication that actually causes hair loss. I've lost a ton of hair over the year and not once did he ever tell me this was a side effect. He told me I was being ridiculous. I will not be returning!

flag | Submitted December 23, 2014

Staff, doctor, or pharmacy ROUTINELY screws up scripts. My suggestion - find another dermatologist!

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

Dr Ashley is extremely knowledgeable and very personable. He is always able to diagnose and explain my skin conditions. Often we can treat them in the same office visit. His staff is efficient and thorough. I highly recommend Dr Ashley!

flag | Submitted November 12, 2013

I went to Dr. Ashley for my acne and he did a wonderful job. My acnes were gone in two months and now although I still have one pop up every few months or so I am completely fine with it.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2012

Dr. A did a poor job of helping me with my acne.Due to some issues with lupus I had a bad break out. I went to him and he was very frank with me. He said "you know it doesn't even look like you wash your face." He told me to just use dial soap which seemed okay. Well, dial soap is good for killing bacteria but it does not prevent acne. No topical creams were recommended.By the second appt, my acne was still bad - now with scars. I don't think he remembered me but he told me the acne was bad (yes because I was only using dial)and that I should take Accutane. I asked him about Proactive and he completely blew me off. He told me topical creams wouldn't help. Well,already having lupus, accutane seemed to be a poor choice. So,I went to another derm. who said Proactive was fine to try and he gave me different topical creams to test.My acne is completely gone now.Don't trust this DR with acne issues.He did not take time with me to explore all the possible avenues before recommending Accutane.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2011

Excellent doctor! He is very knowledgeable, and actually cares about you and what is going on in your life. He treats not only the disease but the person as well!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2009

He was vey helpful helped with sevral issues and did them all in one visit as opposed to going in for sevral visits

flag | Submitted August 15, 2008

Dr. John Robert Ashley's Credentials

• University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)

The Guardian Life Insurance Company Of America