Ratings for Dr. Steven Harter

I absolutely love this man! He is the only Doctor I trust. I had the most wonderful experience delivering my child!

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

There is no better OB in Las Vegas!!! He delivered 2 of my babies as vbacs, after 2 C's. He is kind, warm, gentle and extremely experienced and knowledgeable!!! I agree you may have to wait for him, but when your turn comes to deliver he sticks with you and doesn't rush you! I completely trust his judgement. If he ever told me I needed a c section, i wouldn't even blink twice, I would say Let's go! Because if he thinks you need one, you really do. He is all about letting you do whatever would make you comfortable in your childbirth experience. I am also under his care for an unfortunate miscarriage now. His assistant got me in to see him instantaneously because I was having spotting, so she helped me gain priority access to him and was very sensitive to my concerns. Amazing medical assistant! A few days after I was seen, she called to see how I was. Dr. Harter had asked her to call and ask me some questions about how things were progressing. I don't feel alone in this difficult process. I absolutely love Dr Harter!! There are just not enough words to express how he changed my life with the vbacs, and how amazing of a person and doctor he is!!!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

I couldn't be happier with my choice in Doctor!!! Harter is so kind and gentle, he is very very busy but you never feel like a number. He is genuinely caring. My baby will be week old tomorrow and I really will miss my appointments, even though I didn't love being pregnant (;

flag | Submitted February 8, 2015

Dr harter is the best ob dr there is in las Vegas. He delivered my son via a successful VBAC in October. I couldn't have asked for a better delivery. Hes very kind and understands how important it is to some women to want to experience a vaginal birth. He's amazing at what he does, takes the time to answer your questions, he's got a very positive attitude and really cares about his patients. He goes above and beyond to give his patients the best prenatal and delivery care. I would highly recommend him to anyone, especially those wanting to experience a Vbac. You will have to wait a while in the waiting room at his office to see him. But he's worth the wait!

flag | Submitted December 27, 2014

Dr. Harter delivered my daughter in October 2014 as a successful VBAC. I had my first baby June 2013 as an emergency C-section after a failed induction. I was hopeful for a vbac but was concerned as my previous ob-gyn had stressed that I need to wait at least 1 year before getting pregnant again and this surprised us at only 8 months. I was referred to Dr. Harter by another Dr. at his office seeing as I wanted to try for VBAC. Dr. Harter is a wonderful Dr. and the best ob I've seen. He always took the time to answer any questions I had and was very positive about vbac and the whole pregnancy. My past ob seemed to concentrate more on negatives and scare tactics that ended up with me pushed into an unsuccessful induction and a c-section. I went to 41 weeks with my october baby and Dr. Harter recommended using a foley bulb as a form of induction, after that was placed I went into labor about 36 hours later. Dr. Harter a great during the delivery, my daughter was faced posterior and he was able to turn her and help me deliver my 9lb 10oz baby via VBAC. Dr. Harter was a great dr, always positive, supportive, and knowledable. I recommend him to anyone especially if you want to try for a vbac.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Harter by my OBGYN who delivered my 1st child by C-section in 2009. When I became pregnant with my daughter in 2010, I told my doctor that I wanted to have a VBAC; hence the referral. I saw Dr. Harter and he answered all of my questions and reassured me that I would be a good candidate for a VBAC. My Dtr's umbilical cord did not attach to the placenta, which could have caused complications with delivery, but Dr. Harter continued to reassure me that I could attempt a VBAC. I went into labor naturally and while pushing my dtr's heart rate began to drop (d/t cord attachment). Dr. Harter remained calm and reassuring throughout labor and assisted me with delivering and having a successful VBAC. I now have a very healthy and active 2.5 YO. I have been to 3 other OBGYNs and Dr. Harter is by far the BEST! His wait times are very long, but he is a great doctor who listens to his patients and provides excellent care. I would strongly recommend him to anyone wanting a VBAC.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2013

I went into Mt. View two days in a row where I had per registered. My doctor was Dr. Spoon. He was on vacation that week so his partner was called both times and both times misdiagnosed me. On the third day I went to Cenntienal Hills and after the nurses took my vitals and listened to my syptoms they called the on call doctor, Dr. Harter. He listened to me. He did an emergency c-section and with a surgeons help removed my appendix. He took the time to listen and he saved my life and my baby's. I have now been to his office and love it. You are able to see where the doctors are in regards to if they are running on time or late. It's very nice for the working moms out there.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2013

Dr Harter is hands down THE best OB in Las Vegas. He is patient, kind, knowledgeable and caring. He won't force you into an unnecessary csection, but if you do end up with one, he uses a newer technique that really cuts recovery time. He is one of the only doctors in Vegas that will allow you to VBAC. Love him.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2012

Dr. Harter is absolutely amazing. He delivered our beautiful, healthy baby boy named Lance Gary. Him and his staff were an absolute pleasure to work with. They were like a family and treated us with the utmost care and sweetness. He has a knack for dealing with people. He devotes as much time as you need to answer questions and he's very thorough. He's the best doctor in Las Vegas. xo- thanks Dr. Harter and Staff~~ we are forever grateful.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2012

hands down Dr.Harter is the best Doctor!!! He Takes time to answer all my Questions, Truely cares about me and my well being.... DR. Harter ROCKS!!!!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2012

Dr. Steven Harter's Credentials

• Univ Of Nv Sch Of Med, Reno Nv 89557 (Grad. 1990)