Ratings for Dr. Paul T. Basile

I had a neuroma removed which was fine. I wore a walking shoe for about a month. I developed back pain and asked if it was related...he said he'd never heard of such a thing. Then after several months I had pain on the outer side of my foot. He took an X-ray and said I needed another surgery as the bones had "splayed" meaning separated and he would need to "shave the bones." I didn't feel right about it. I called a doctor I knew in a different area and he agreeed to see me even tho it hadn't been the customary year of seeing a new doctor after having a surgery (its about liability). He asked what the problem was. I said "you tell me...examine my feet etc make a diagnosis, then I'll tell you." WELLLL. He did about 4 X-rays of both feet. His were crystal clear (it's a bigger group), unlike Dr. Basile's. And guess what....? Not a single thing wrong with either foot! No splaying of bones, nothing looked unusual. Then I told the doctor my story and was he ANGRY! I would have had unnecessary surgery. ALL I NEEDED was a few weeks of physical therapy as I had been walking funny because of having the neuroma (a nerve that balls up and causes pain) and limping. Foot surgery makes your gait out of balance and CAN cause back pain (I've since become a licensed massage therapist). When in doubt, get a second opinion, I'm sure glad I did. He had a nice personality and bedside manner; that's all the good I can say.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

absolutely the gentlest foot doctor i have been too. Sooo happy I found him. without him my feet would be useless.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

I'm really surprised at the reviews I've read about Dr. Basile. He was far from patient, nice, and ready to explain things. I found him rushed, and slightly elitist. I will not be going back. His staff, specifically Jasmine, is the only reason why I went to him twice and allowed them to do my orthotics. If I continue to have problems after I receive them, I will find someone else.

Submitted July 8, 2014

Staff are very nice and helpful. Doctor is prompt and also very helpful with any questions your may have. The office is nice and clean and the examine rooms are large. I would definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2012

Very kind and explained the procedure he was going to do with detail. Very nice manners and completely fixed my foot problems

flag | Submitted October 7, 2009

Dr. Paul T. Basile's Credentials

• Dr. William M. Scholl College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1990)

Secure Horizons