Ratings for Dr. John P. Hoffman

My hero is Dr. John Hoffman, whose experience, caring, and compassion made my operation to remove pancreatic cancer successful. My whipple procedure was on August 31st this year; it lasted for 7 hours, and it was a success! There was no evidence of cancer in the pathologist's report afterwards, and I could not be more thankful that Dr. Hoffman was my surgeon.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2015

His communication with me was poor his medical terminology was very hard to understand his assistant's never returned my calls and they gave me the wrong information on my prognosis.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2009

HIS MEDICAL/SURGICAL CREDENTIALS ARE TOP NOTCH, BUT I FELT LIKE JUST ANOTHER PATIENT. THE OFFICE TOOK ALMOST TWO WEEKS OF DAILY PHONE CALLS TO RETURN A PHONE CALL AND GIVE ME TEST RESULTS. I FELT UNIMPORTANT TO HIM AS A PATIENT WHEN HE FINALLY GAVE ME THE TEST RESULTS. I THINK THERE WAS A HUGE LACK OF COMMUNICATION AND FOR THIS REASON I CHOSE ANOTHER SURGEON FOR MY CARE.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2008

I felt that I was just another patient. I think it took too long calling the office every day to get a return phone call from the doctor. I chose to use someone else because I felt a lack of communication from the office. His surgical credentials are top notch, but I feel that he didnt adequately explain his decisions or treatment options in a way that I could understand.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2007

I have been seeing Dr. Hoffman for years. He is my saving grace. He is compassionate, brilliant and skilled. He always listens and is willing to go the extra mile when questioned.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2007

Very understanding and explains everything to you. Good bedside manner. Goes above and beyond.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2005

Dr. John P. Hoffman's Credentials

• Case Western Reserve Univ Sch Of Med, Cleveland Oh 44106 (Grad. 1970)

MSP/BC Med