Ratings for Dr. R. Maurice Bonilla

Dr. Bonilla takes his time and listens to what I have to say and asks questions to fully understand my concerns. I never feel rushed o r that he is in a rush to get me in and out. Maybe that is why he has been my Primary for 20-30 years and my health is as good as it is. He also has a friendly and caring staff.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2018

Excellent weight management program offered by Dr Bonilla. He takes time with each patient explains everything in detail.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2018

Dr. Bonilla does not take the time to listen to your concerns or answer your questions. He seems rushed all the time. He is condescending. My family nor I will continue being patients of his.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2018

How can a doctor who advertises gerontology not take Medicare?

flag | Submitted December 22, 2017

I was a patient of Dr. Bonillas for a couple of months. Overall the care was ok. The girls who brought me into the room and then checked me out were great to me, although they seemed rushed to get everything done.

Submitted January 21, 2015

Very pleased with the care I received from Dr. Bonilla....both during a 'well' visit and a 'sick' visit (when I was seen 'same day'). Dr. Bonilla is compassionate and knowledgeable and I will go back and also send my friends and family.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

As a new client, I was extremely pleased with the overall staff and the doctor. It only took me less than 10 minutes to be seen, and he spent a good deal of time with me, and really cared about what I was experiencing. I am very happy that I've now found a doctor in Tampa that I can trust. He also gave me some good advice on dietary issues, and I may start on a weight loss program when I'm feeling a bit better. It sounds like he really knows what he's talking about.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2014

DR. BONILLA LITERALLY SAVED MY SON'S LIFE!! MY SON HAD A VERY BAD BACK AND WAS SEEING A CHIROPRACTOR. MY SON'S BACK CONTINUED TO GET WORSE AND WORSE. I HAD HEARD THAT DR. BONILLA WAS A VERY GOOD DIAGNOSTICIAN. DR. BONILLA THOUGHT THAT MY SON MAY HAVE OSTEOMYELITIS OF THE SPINE. HE ORDERED AN MRI WHICH DETERMINED THAT MY SON DID HAVE OSTEOMYEITIS WHICH HAS A VERY BAD PROGNOSIS. IF NOT TREATED, DEATH OR PARALYSIS COULD OCCUR. DR. BONILLA IMMEDIATELY PUT MY SON IN THE HOSPITAL. TODAY MY SON IS A HEALTHY 24 YEAR OLD MAN!! I WILL FOREVER BE INDEBTED TO DR. BONILLA. THANK YOU DR. BONILLA!!!

flag | Submitted February 26, 2014

Went to him years ago and from the last comment that I read he is still trying to give test that the insurance will not pay for then ask you for payment. Got very angry and told me never to come back after I had been going to him for several years, he has issues.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2011

Very through and kind. Staff courteous and professional. He does not accept most insurances as likes to spend time with patient to make accurate diagnosis. I heard he was the best diagnostician so decided to pay out of network. He was well worth every penny. Best most through exam I ever had. Diagnosed what others had missed for years. Plus no wait! He really seems to respect his patients time and is very nice, not rushed and professional. What doctors used to be.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2010