Ratings for Dr. Ronald B. Low

Awful, Awful, Awful. Dr. Low was very nice at first but after a complication with my surgery he turned downright mean and insensitive, This man should not practice medicine.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2016

I had to wait almost an hour to see the Dr. He was nice and knowledgable. His female assistant, who performed the hearing test ,was gruff and painfully forced the apparatus into my ears until I had to make her STOP!! If I went back to him I would not let her go near me! All told I was in the office 2 hours for a 15 minute appointment.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

He performed a septic lastly and turbinate trim on me. It cost me almost 3,000 out of pocket and did absolutely nothing. I'm still a mouth breather and have now in top of that have headaches on one side of my head often. He also is very dismissive and there is always a long wait. You would think him spending only 5 minutes with a patient would make the wait times shorter but that is not the case. Find a different Doctor.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

Dr Lowe did my rhinoplasty in February for a cheap price with a septoplasty done by another doctor. Basically he gave me a pinched looking nose and my breathing is actually worse then before. I read these reviews but went with the surgery anyway. Do not use him for rhinoplasty, I am now looking for other doctors so my nose can be fixed. I should have listened to these reviews now I am depressed and hate looking in the mirror even more then before. He said my tip was boxy looking so he did something to my nostrils and it looks horrible. It is not worth saving the money because now I will have to pay so much more and I pray it can be fixed!!!!!!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

About 5 years ago, my nose was completly broken in half, basically on the other side of my face and Dr. Low saw me the following day from the incident and booked me for surgery the next day. After it healed and swelling went down my nose looked exactly the same as it did before. Everytime I tell people my nose was broken, they respond that they would have never guessed because I do not have any bumps or scars. My nose is perfect all thanks to Dr. Low and his recommendations.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

Dr. Low was the 3rd dr. to tell me of my sons severely deviated septum. He wanted $3000 upfront for what insurance. wouldn't cover.When I filed claim to my insurance he told them the surgery was elective. They would have covered the septoplasty but only $1200.He makes $1800; insurance co. saves $1200; and I'm out $3000! Worst of all, my son still has breathing trouble 2 yrs. later. Dishonest,Deceitful,Incompetent. If he asks for money upfront,TELL YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

dr lowe is a terrible surgeon and dr. I even had other ent dr tell me that they have to go into the surgery to fix whatever he is doing. please do not use him. I went for sinus surgery. He punctured a hole in my skull and I ended up with a cerebral spinal fluid leak. I kept going back to him and he was terrible and didn't care. finally i should him the puddle on the floor coming out of my nose. he panicked and he had to get someone else to give me surgery to fix the leak. I also contracted bacterial meningitis from the leak. I don't understand why he is allowed to practice medicine!!!!!

flag | Submitted April 8, 2014

I think the most I heard coming out of his mouth was not more than 5 words! Long wait (30+ min) to be seen, less than 1 min when he finally did see me, then I had to wait another 15 min to get my hearing tested. He came in, glanced at the sheet in less than a second, said "normal" and walked out! No explanation, nothing! Absolutely unapproachable and unwelcoming! I'm going to be sure my referring primary physician knows to take him off his list!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2013

I went to Dr. Lowe because I had sleep apnea and I had difficulty breathing. He supposedly performed surgery due to a deviated septum. Less than two years later, my nose appears to have collapsed on one side and I am still having difficulty breathing. Also,my nose isn't straight. I would not recommend that anyone use Dr. Lowe for this type of surgery. He is not a surgeon and is not board certified.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2013

I had an incident with my nose. I went to see Dr. Low and he payed no mind to it even though I have been in pain for 2 weeks. He even wrote fractured nose on my diagnose but kept telling me that it was fine. I asked him why I never got X-rays done to rule out fractures. He yelled at me and told me not to question his authority! I told him I was simply asking a question. He continued yelling at me and told me to go somewhere else if I don't like his tone or opinion! If you like doctors yelling and disrespecting you simply because you ask a question, Dr. Low is the doctor for you. I never knew it was a crime to ask doctors questions regarding your health.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2013

Dr. Ronald B. Low's Credentials

• Finch U Of Hs/Chicago Med Sch, North Chicago Il 60664 (Grad. 1969)

Updates

• A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Awful, Awful, Awful. Dr. Low was very nice at first but after a complication with my surgery he turned downright mean and insensitive, This man should not pract..."

March 14, 2016
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I had to wait almost an hour to see the Dr. He was nice and knowledgable. His female assistant, who performed the hearing test ,was gruff and painfully forced ..."

March 7, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "He performed a septic lastly and turbinate trim on me. It cost me almost 3,000 out of pocket and did absolutely nothing. I'm still a mouth breather and have now..."

February 23, 2016
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Lowe did my rhinoplasty in February for a cheap price with a septoplasty done by another doctor. Basically he gave me a pinched looking nose and my breathin..."

July 10, 2015
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=19711'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 5.0

February 5, 2014