Ratings for Dr. Joshua B. Bederson

Dr. Bederson is a top neurosurgeon in one of the country's top hospitals. I couldn't have been in better hands for my recent meningioma surgery. He provided thorough explanations to myself and my husband prior to the surgery, and answered all questions. He assembled a crack team to perform the surgery. In spite of the inherently stressful nature of having a brain tumor removed, we were reassured by his calm demeanor and expertise. The surgery went perfectly. His PA Leslie Schlachter is also extremely sensitive and helpful. She called my husband twice during the surgery to let him know it was going well. She was very responsive to answering questions and addressing concerns when I was in the hospital and afterwards. She followed up a couple of times to check on my recovery. Marilyn, in the office is also very helpful.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

Dr. Bederson and Leslie were fantastic. I am 1 month out of surgery and feeling great. From my first meeting with them, I had the highest confidence in their knowledge and abilities. I'm not sure I can thank them enough for everything they've done for me.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

Dr.Bederson successfully performed my surgery. He and all his team are very knowledgeable and caring. I want to say big thank you to all of them.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

Dr. Bederson gave me all the confidence that my surgery would have a fantastic outcome. I could not have asked for a more knowledgeable and calming doctor. His PA Lesley Schlachter is one of the sweetest, most caring , calming person we could have on our side. My life is forever changed in an absolutely positive way.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2016

Dr Bederson and his PA Leslie Schlachter are an amazing team. He is so knowledgeable and caring. He explains everything about the surgery what will happen before, during, and after. Dr. Bederson and Leslie checked on me continuously while I was recovering. I had surgery on Wednesday and was home on Friday and did not need any pain medication only took Tylenol . I would recommend Dr. Bederson to anyone who would need a neurosurgeon.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

Dr. Bederson clipped an aneurysm in my brain and I'm successfully recovering !!! I strongly recommend him and his team! They are the best!!!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

I love you dr.Bedderson!! He successfully removed tumors from my brain and I am as good as new!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

He saved my life also years ago. Did a successful meningioma surgery, which was difficult as my tumor was very large and pressing on my optic nerve. And a he's a nice person to boot. I am eternally grateful and will never forget him.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

This man saved my life, if I didn't get any relief from my ailment I was going to lose it. I had trigeminal neuralgia(AKA suicide disease) and the pain was like being electrocuted in your face. My neurologist put me on a slew of meds that didn't work. TN CAN be medically managed, but not me sadly. After an unsuccessful course of medicine my Dr sent me to Dr Bederson where the MRI which was abnormal(which was good, he could fix it)He performed a 5 hour surgery 4 days after the MRI which was great so I didn't have to wait in pain for weeks and it was a complete success. While I was in the PACU he came by and saw that my pain was still bad and got right on top of increasing my pain meds and adding others. He is just a wonderful man with magic hands. His NP Lisa is fantastic as well. All the nurses and staff at Mt Sinai went above and beyond with their care. Dr Bederson is a miracle worker he can perform all sorts of neurosurgeries(he is head of neurosurgery) not just for TN. He is A+++++

flag | Submitted June 7, 2013

Dr. Bederson and his team are wonderful. My husband had two degenerative neck discs replaced. What I particularly liked about Dr Bederson was his thoughtful approach to the surgery. He could have replaced a third disc which was marginal but thought that in my husband's case, healing would be better doing the two first and then doing a wait and see approach for the third. My husband is doing very well. He is a 66 year old man with diabetes and has just started to resume his golf gradually. His balance has improved and his neck pain which before the surgery was unbearable, is minimal. Dr. Bederson is a talented surgeon and a good person who cares about his patients. Unlike many other doctors, after the surgery is done, he is still attentive to his patients' needs.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2013

Dr. Joshua B. Bederson's Credentials

• University Of California, San Francisco School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Tufts Health Plans