Ratings for Dr. Joshua B. Bederson

Dr. Bederson gave me all the confidence that my surgery would have a fantastic outcome. I could not have asked for a more knowledgeable and calming doctor. His PA Lesley Schlachter is one of the sweetest, most caring , calming person we could have on our side. My life is forever changed in an absolutely positive way.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2016

Dr Bederson and his PA Leslie Schlachter are an amazing team. He is so knowledgeable and caring. He explains everything about the surgery what will happen before, during, and after. Dr. Bederson and Leslie checked on me continuously while I was recovering. I had surgery on Wednesday and was home on Friday and did not need any pain medication only took Tylenol . I would recommend Dr. Bederson to anyone who would need a neurosurgeon.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

Dr. Bederson clipped an aneurysm in my brain and I'm successfully recovering !!! I strongly recommend him and his team! They are the best!!!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

I love you dr.Bedderson!! He successfully removed tumors from my brain and I am as good as new!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

He saved my life also years ago. Did a successful meningioma surgery, which was difficult as my tumor was very large and pressing on my optic nerve. And a he's a nice person to boot. I am eternally grateful and will never forget him.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

This man saved my life, if I didn't get any relief from my ailment I was going to lose it. I had trigeminal neuralgia(AKA suicide disease) and the pain was like being electrocuted in your face. My neurologist put me on a slew of meds that didn't work. TN CAN be medically managed, but not me sadly. After an unsuccessful course of medicine my Dr sent me to Dr Bederson where the MRI which was abnormal(which was good, he could fix it)He performed a 5 hour surgery 4 days after the MRI which was great so I didn't have to wait in pain for weeks and it was a complete success. While I was in the PACU he came by and saw that my pain was still bad and got right on top of increasing my pain meds and adding others. He is just a wonderful man with magic hands. His NP Lisa is fantastic as well. All the nurses and staff at Mt Sinai went above and beyond with their care. Dr Bederson is a miracle worker he can perform all sorts of neurosurgeries(he is head of neurosurgery) not just for TN. He is A+++++

flag | Submitted June 7, 2013

Dr. Bederson and his team are wonderful. My husband had two degenerative neck discs replaced. What I particularly liked about Dr Bederson was his thoughtful approach to the surgery. He could have replaced a third disc which was marginal but thought that in my husband's case, healing would be better doing the two first and then doing a wait and see approach for the third. My husband is doing very well. He is a 66 year old man with diabetes and has just started to resume his golf gradually. His balance has improved and his neck pain which before the surgery was unbearable, is minimal. Dr. Bederson is a talented surgeon and a good person who cares about his patients. Unlike many other doctors, after the surgery is done, he is still attentive to his patients' needs.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2013

Dr. Bederson is simply the best. I was diagnosed with a clival chordoma at the end of January. I was evaluated by Dr. Bederson on February 2oth and operated on a week later. Two days post surgery I left Mt. Sinai neuro surgical unit with little residual difficulties. Dr. Bederson and his team at Mt. Sinai are the most skillful and caring professionals. Mere words cannot express my deepest gratitude to him.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2013

Dr.Bederson was extremely thoughtful throughout my entire neurological procedure. He was very helpful with my wife while I was in surgery contracting her several time lettering her know how thing were progressing. Thank God for Dr Bederson and his team of doctors, they did a fantastic job. Thank You. Tom W.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2013

Dr. Bederson is the best I can't say enough about him. Wonderful bedside manner explains everything in full detail. I wouldn't go anywhere else. He saved my life.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2011

Dr. Joshua B. Bederson's Credentials

• University Of California, San Francisco School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

MVP Health