Ratings for Dr. Joshua B. Bederson

Dr. Bederson and his team are amazing! I had a meningioma surgery performed by Dr. Bederson and it couldn't have gone any smoother: I was discharged from the hospital on the next day and effortlessly returned to work in less than a month. After being initially diagnosed, I met with multiple neurosurgeons and still chose to hold off on a surgery for quite a long time. It was only when I met Dr. Bederson that I was comfortable enough to make the decision to go for it, since I finally felt as much trust and confidence in a doctor as one can possibly have: as both in a professional and a human. Leslie Schlachter, Dr. Bederson's PA, was with me and my family every possible step on the way - before, during, and after the surgery, always ready and willing to help and taking care of everything. I can't imagine being in better hands during such a complex procedure, where the super-professionalism, unimaginably advanced technology, and highly personal and caring attitude - all came together. Looking back, I can say it was a miracle made possible by Dr. Bederson and his incredible team. Words won't suffice to describe the gratitude I feel to these wonderful people. THANK YOU! Inna

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

I have been in good health for most of my life. Finding out I had a brain tumor (vestibular schwannoma) was a very scary diagnosis for myself and my family. This kind of a tumor presses on hearing and balance nerves and can cause facial nerve damage. I read about DR. JOSHUA BEDERSON and immediately made an appointment. Next day I was in his office. DR. BEDERSON is one of the very first neurosurgeons who used 3D simulation and navigation in neurosurgery. Simulations provide a realistic representation of the surgical procedure and creation of patient-specific anatomical models for both surgical planning and patient education. For me personally, understanding the whole process was very important. They went far and beyond explaining the surgical procedures in every detail. Needless to say, after the consultation I felt calm and confident that everything will be ok. "We need to keep that beautiful smile" - he said. And here I am, 2 weeks after  the brain surgery, feeling great and  keeping my  perfect smile. The pain has been minimal during recovery. Dr. BEDERSON kept his word. The surgery went great!!!This brilliant surgeon  and his team were able to remove the tumor and save the facial nerve.  Beautiful and super professional Leslie Schlachter Clinical Director and Senior PA  helped me and my family to go through this difficult moment of my life: She was available 24/7 to answer any questions or provide a necessary support! Leslie helped to  arrange tests, schedule appointments, and handle the insurance procedures seamlessly. I can’t thank them enough for the special, excellent care they have provided!!!!!! Iryna L. 07/26/2017

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

I highly recommend Dr. Bederson. The entire team with emphasis on Leslie his PA assistant made me feel so comfortable and safe . From the first appointment I cfelt as if they understood how scary this time was for me and Leslie really stood by us after the surgery when we were very needy .

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

Dr. Bederson and Leslie went above and beyond my expectations! Made me feel comfortable and safe at all times. What a wonderful team!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

When told by my ENT after an MRI for Meniere's disease that I had a meningioma, I was devastated. I went home and immediately started looking for a neurosurgeon. Dr. Joshua Bederson was recommended to me by two Manhattan ENTs. I called on a Thursday afternoon and got an appointment for the following Monday. As Leslie, Dr. Bederson’s PA, would tell me later, “no one wants to wait for an appointment after hearing that type of news." From the minute I met Dr. Bederson and Leslie, I knew I had made the right decision. They calmed my nerves about the upcoming surgery and explained everything that would happen in the coming weeks. They truly put my mind at ease and I knew I would soon be on the road to recovery. The operation was a success and my recovery could not have gone any smoother. I didn’t even need pain killers when I came home and I was back to myself before I knew it! Dr. Bederson is easy to talk to, compassionate and has a great bedside manner. Leslie is there for you from beginning to end. She’s always available by phone or email—I would not have gotten through this ordeal without her. During the operation, she was in even in contact with my family via text to keep them updated on what was happening. I can’t say enough about these two! I can’t begin to express my gratitude for the wonderful care I was given by Dr. Bederson and his team. They made one of them most difficult experiences of my life a whole lot easier. On a scale of 1 to 10, I give them a 20!

flag | Submitted April 30, 2017

Dr. Bederson and his staff exceeded all of my expectations beyond anything I could have imagined! Extraordinary!!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

For over a year I had been experiencing intermittent numbness and dull pain in my right arm. The MRI presented with significant compression on my spinal cord and my neurologist recommended I see Dr. Bederson. Due to the significant compression, Dr. Bederson recommended surgery. I was quite apprehensive and a bit conflicted as my symptoms were not constant and I did not approach surgery lightly. One month post-surgery, I am doing great. I am not experiencing any of the symptoms I did prior to surgery. I have returned to almost all normal activities. I had been advised by others undergoing the same or similar surgeries that the recovery could be quite painful. Whereas I cannot say that my experience is what everyone should expect, for me the pain was minimal to none. What I can say, and that all should expect – the entire staff, from Dr. Bederson’s office to the surgical team to the recovery and floor nurses and aides, were incredibly professional and caring. Leslie Schlachter, PA for Dr. Bederson was always responsive to my questions, putting my mind at ease. Their collective attention to my care made this experience considerably easier.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

Dr. Bederson is a top neurosurgeon in one of the country's top hospitals. I couldn't have been in better hands for my recent meningioma surgery. He provided thorough explanations to myself and my husband prior to the surgery, and answered all questions. He assembled a crack team to perform the surgery. In spite of the inherently stressful nature of having a brain tumor removed, we were reassured by his calm demeanor and expertise. The surgery went perfectly. His PA Leslie Schlachter is also extremely sensitive and helpful. She called my husband twice during the surgery to let him know it was going well. She was very responsive to answering questions and addressing concerns when I was in the hospital and afterwards. She followed up a couple of times to check on my recovery. Marilyn, in the office is also very helpful.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

Dr. Bederson and Leslie were fantastic. I am 1 month out of surgery and feeling great. From my first meeting with them, I had the highest confidence in their knowledge and abilities. I'm not sure I can thank them enough for everything they've done for me.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

Dr.Bederson successfully performed my surgery. He and all his team are very knowledgeable and caring. I want to say big thank you to all of them.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

Dr. Joshua B. Bederson's Credentials

• University Of California, San Francisco School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Banner Health