Ratings for Dr. Joshua B. Bederson

Thanks to Dr Bederson and his team, I have a second chance at life. I feel so lucky to have met him and be under his care.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2019

Dr. Bederson is top class. He was able to remove the entire meningioma tumor from my skull and sinuses. As a result, my sense of taste and smell have been restored, which I did not have for years before the surgery. food was tasteless to me for years. Now, I actually enjoy eating. I almost went blind in my left eye. Now, my vision is 20/20 with the glasses. Thank God, I found Dr. Bederson.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2018

I am so thankful for Dr. Bederson, his PA Leslie, Administrative Assistant Adrian and the rest of the staff. After being diagnosed with a cyst in my brain, I had consults with a few different neurosurgeons, but I when I met with Dr.Bederson and Leslie, I immediately knew they were the perfect team for me. From setting up my consult appointments, to prior authorizations for my scans, to my disability forms, to the surgery, and recovery the whole staff were all so friendly, helpful, and efficient. I truly appreciate how quickly they were to respond to any questions or concerns I had. It really helped to make the whole process easier and less stressful for me. I had my surgery on Tues 7/31/18, and was discharged from the hospital Thur 8/2/18. My family, friends and myself were amazed at how well I was doing and feeling when I was released and after. I can honestly say I feel like a completely different person. I feel better than I did before my symptoms started in Nov 2017. Before my surgery, my symptoms would sometimes get so uncomfortable that I would end up curled up in a ball in my bed and unable to interact with my children as much as I would like. So not only have they changed my quality of life, they have also helped to give my children back their mom. I will always be grateful to Dr.Bederson and his wonderful team. They truly are an amazing, caring, and excellent health care team.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2018

Dr Joshua Bederson and his team cares about my Stepmom very well with great passion and patience. Thank you, Doctor!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2018

I am so very thankful that I found this doctor and his team. They were amazing from day 1. My surgery lasted about 7 hours and it could not have gone better. I was in the hospital for 3 nights and Dr. Bederson and his team were very attentive while I was in the hospital and after I was released. People were amazed at how well I was doing just a few short weeks after surgery.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2018

the doctor is very careful to go over all your records, not rush to judgement and give you honest opinions, He follows up and so does his P.A. Leslie, she is wonderful as well. Entire staff is A. OK I have complete trust in him.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2018

When being diagnosed with a meningioma I was not sure where to begin. I did some reasearch and Dr. Bederson was the doctor who stood out. After speaking with Leslie the PA just over the phone I knew I made the right choice. After meeting them both I knew I was in the right place. Leslie is informative , and extremely helpful with making appointments , dealing with insurance , calming my families nerves ( as well as mine ) and just overall an amazing PA. Upon meeting Dr, Bederson I first noticed his demeanor and how he approached the situation with a kind heart. He explained the details of the surgery , and recovery and was confident which made me confident. Before going under for surgery the words I heard “ You have some of the best doctors in the world here in this room for you ! “ and I couldn’t agree more ! Surgery went well and during the entire surgery Leslie kept my family up to date. After surgery I was sent home a day later to recover . Recovery went well and during the entire time home Leslie would send emails or call to follow up. She truly cared about how I was feeling and how recovery was going. I returned to work earlier than expected ! I am forever grateful to Dr. Bederson and Leslie. Their hard work and dedication to their patients is outstanding ! Thank you to an amazing team . Kara

flag | Submitted July 22, 2018

Dr. Bederson has been my surgeon for 10 years. He is an excellent surgeon and person. He has performed three surgeries on my brain tumor. Both Dr. Bederson and his staff are very compassionate and are very good listeners. They care about you as a person and make sure that you understand your situation and what care is needed.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

I contacted Dr Bederson after finding out I had a pituitary gland tumor. From the intial meeting to the day of surgery I knew I had made the right choice. Both Dr. Bederson and his PA Leslie made me feel like my health and well being were a top priority. I could not imagine going elsewhere. On the day of surgery I was well prepared had an amazing team of doctors at Mount Sinai. Each step was detailed and explained very carefully as I was not nervous or anxious at all ( it was brain surgery) . If you should find yourself in the same predictment, please long no further.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2018

Both Dr. Bederson and PA Leslie made feel at ease and reassured at my initial visit. I was given an appointment within a week of calling and was on the OR schedule 4 days later. They are not only skilled by compassionate and kind as well. I highly recommend Dr. Bederson.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017

Dr. Joshua B. Bederson's Credentials

• University Of California, San Francisco School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

UnitedHealthcare