Ratings for Dr. Joshua B. Bederson

When told by my ENT after an MRI for Meniere's disease that I had a meningioma, I was devastated. I went home and immediately started looking for a neurosurgeon. Dr. Joshua Bederson was recommended to me by two Manhattan ENTs. I called on a Thursday afternoon and got an appointment for the following Monday. As Leslie, Dr. Bederson’s PA, would tell me later, “no one wants to wait for an appointment after hearing that type of news." From the minute I met Dr. Bederson and Leslie, I knew I had made the right decision. They calmed my nerves about the upcoming surgery and explained everything that would happen in the coming weeks. They truly put my mind at ease and I knew I would soon be on the road to recovery. The operation was a success and my recovery could not have gone any smoother. I didn’t even need pain killers when I came home and I was back to myself before I knew it! Dr. Bederson is easy to talk to, compassionate and has a great bedside manner. Leslie is there for you from beginning to end. She’s always available by phone or email—I would not have gotten through this ordeal without her. During the operation, she was in even in contact with my family via text to keep them updated on what was happening. I can’t say enough about these two! I can’t begin to express my gratitude for the wonderful care I was given by Dr. Bederson and his team. They made one of them most difficult experiences of my life a whole lot easier. On a scale of 1 to 10, I give them a 20!

flag | Submitted April 30, 2017

Dr. Bederson and his staff exceeded all of my expectations beyond anything I could have imagined! Extraordinary!!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

For over a year I had been experiencing intermittent numbness and dull pain in my right arm. The MRI presented with significant compression on my spinal cord and my neurologist recommended I see Dr. Bederson. Due to the significant compression, Dr. Bederson recommended surgery. I was quite apprehensive and a bit conflicted as my symptoms were not constant and I did not approach surgery lightly. One month post-surgery, I am doing great. I am not experiencing any of the symptoms I did prior to surgery. I have returned to almost all normal activities. I had been advised by others undergoing the same or similar surgeries that the recovery could be quite painful. Whereas I cannot say that my experience is what everyone should expect, for me the pain was minimal to none. What I can say, and that all should expect – the entire staff, from Dr. Bederson’s office to the surgical team to the recovery and floor nurses and aides, were incredibly professional and caring. Leslie Schlachter, PA for Dr. Bederson was always responsive to my questions, putting my mind at ease. Their collective attention to my care made this experience considerably easier.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

Dr. Bederson is a top neurosurgeon in one of the country's top hospitals. I couldn't have been in better hands for my recent meningioma surgery. He provided thorough explanations to myself and my husband prior to the surgery, and answered all questions. He assembled a crack team to perform the surgery. In spite of the inherently stressful nature of having a brain tumor removed, we were reassured by his calm demeanor and expertise. The surgery went perfectly. His PA Leslie Schlachter is also extremely sensitive and helpful. She called my husband twice during the surgery to let him know it was going well. She was very responsive to answering questions and addressing concerns when I was in the hospital and afterwards. She followed up a couple of times to check on my recovery. Marilyn, in the office is also very helpful.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

Dr. Bederson and Leslie were fantastic. I am 1 month out of surgery and feeling great. From my first meeting with them, I had the highest confidence in their knowledge and abilities. I'm not sure I can thank them enough for everything they've done for me.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

Dr.Bederson successfully performed my surgery. He and all his team are very knowledgeable and caring. I want to say big thank you to all of them.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

Dr. Bederson gave me all the confidence that my surgery would have a fantastic outcome. I could not have asked for a more knowledgeable and calming doctor. His PA Lesley Schlachter is one of the sweetest, most caring , calming person we could have on our side. My life is forever changed in an absolutely positive way.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2016

Dr Bederson and his PA Leslie Schlachter are an amazing team. He is so knowledgeable and caring. He explains everything about the surgery what will happen before, during, and after. Dr. Bederson and Leslie checked on me continuously while I was recovering. I had surgery on Wednesday and was home on Friday and did not need any pain medication only took Tylenol . I would recommend Dr. Bederson to anyone who would need a neurosurgeon.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

Dr. Bederson clipped an aneurysm in my brain and I'm successfully recovering !!! I strongly recommend him and his team! They are the best!!!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

I love you dr.Bedderson!! He successfully removed tumors from my brain and I am as good as new!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

Dr. Joshua B. Bederson's Credentials

• University Of California, San Francisco School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)