Ratings for Dr. Phuong Catherine Truong-Yue

NOTE: She is now at Kaiser in Harbor City. I went in for a bartholin cyst removal. When looking at my cyst, she exclaimed "OMG" (isn't this part of her job?), but also had other very rude & unprofessional bedside manners. Even worse, she actually did my procedure INCORRECTLY leaving me more in pain and swollen than before. When I called her to ask about my symptoms, she didn't bother to call me back, but instead left me a e-message through Kp.org saying that my experience was normal. Fast forward a few hours, the catheter that she had placed in, which needed to stay for 4 weeks, FELL OUT and I was in excruciating pain from all the swelling. I went into the ER the following morning and had surgery done under general anesthesia by Dr. Renslo (who is a fantastic doctor) who fixed the situation. Turns out, Truong didn't even cut the cyst when she first went in. Instead, she cut me and convinced both herself and me that she had lanced the cyst. Would NEVER recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2013

Saw her for an annual physical/Pap exam as a new patient and will not be coming back. Office was not very clean. Staff was decent. The way they dispose of used tools after was pretty disgusting as the trash flap was stained with blood etc. During the exam she wasn't very patient and got annoyed when I didn't 'relax'. Not informative seemed like she wanted to leave ASAP. An associate nurse walked in to 'help' her without knocking or letting me know someone was going to walk into the room to help her. Overall not coming back. Had better experience with Nurse practioners and even nurses at Planned Parenthood. I feel sad that my insurance will be paying them money for such poor service. I am sure she is knowledgable but what use is it if you don't talk to your patients and spend less than 8 mins with them.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2012

I called in Nov and was given a January appointment. As usual I waited for good 45 mins to an hour wait. Dr. just saw me no more than 2 minutes. Following month for biopsy. She said so she could me a the proper medication. I called last Friday 3 x to her nurse and left a message. No response until I called today, Monday which didn't make any difference because she will have to talk to Dr. Truong TOMORROW and she will call me back. NO result was given to me at all. The nurse said, the Dr. didn't tell her to give me a call when the result came. GREAT DOCTOR!

flag | Submitted May 2, 2011

She had no idea of the side effects of the pill she put me on, when I complained of them, she insisted they weren't from the pill....I researched, and it WAS. Excellent Exam, very gentle, just doesn't seem to take the time to listen to her patients. =/

flag | Submitted January 8, 2010

Dr. Phuong Catherine Truong-Yue's Credentials

• Univ Of Ca, Irvine, Ca Coll Of Med, Irvine Ca 92717 (Grad. 1992)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Downey, CA