Ratings for Dr. Joel B. Edelstein

He didn't ask me why I was there. He just started talking. He was like a bulldozer. Worst doctor I have ever been to. I made a huge mistake going to him. My doctor was unavailable and I should have waited for him. I threw away the pills he prescribed because he didn't listen when I told him I had a hard time swallowing if they weren't coated. I wanted to try Krill oil and the Mediterranean diet before going on statins. But he never heard me because I couldn't get a word in. He didn't care why I was there or what I wanted to say. He is uncaring, aggressive and rude. Very patronizing also. So sorry he is in the same office as wonderful doctors like Kelly and Drury. Brings down the practice sharing space with this man. He didn't smile once. He talked too fast and ran over anything I said which was very little due to him taking over the conversation. Needless to say, I'm going to my wonderful doctor for advice after three months. Do not go to this doctor. You will be sorry. So dissatisfied

flag | Submitted June 6, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Edelstein for 21 years. He is an Arizona Top Doctor for a reason. He may come across to gruff to those with paper thin skin, but this man cares for his patients. He has called me numerous times to check in on me when I've been touch and go, and his medical prowess is second to none. He does see a lot of patients and he can tend to run late. When you have that many patients it is an indication of the quality of doctor you are. He has managed my care extremely well and has been a consummate professional. His MA, Juanitta, is phenomenal. I have seen a few, but she is the best...hands down. The office is very uninviting. You feel like you're in South Phoenix with all of the glass between the patients and the staff. I would fire the practice administrator and all of the front staff and start over. Failed experiment. Also the aides who take your vitals shouldn't have facial tattoos and should know how to spell basic meds. Again, fire the practice administrator.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013

Prompt, knowledgeable, and very efficient. The office runs well and the doctor takes the time to explain and follow-up on things.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2009

Doctor had tantrum because I wouldn;t pay 200.00 for antibiotic not on my insurace 3 months ago. blamed me for being sick.HE THREW HIS COMPUTER CORD ACCROSS THE ROOM AND REFUSED TO TREAT ME EVEN THOUGH I ENDED UP IN THE EMERGENCY ROOM WITH PNEUMONIA THE NEXT DAY. HE DOESN'T LISTEN TALKS OVER YOU AND IS IN GENERAL A HORSES ASSS. HE IS UNCARING AND A COMPLETE EGOTIST JERK. MY husband was there with me and we just sat there watching this little man have a tantrum. it was rediculous! what a jerk. I can't breath and found out I have tumors in my neck 3 days ago and hes mad cause its 6.00 pm on a friday when I was regularly scheduled appt and he was over an hour late. I walked out of their sick and upset having an anxiety attack thank God my husband was there because otherwise no one would believe me that this little man doctor if you can call him that was having a full blown tantrum and didn't give a grap if I lived or died. it was all about him. He's the biggest jerk non caring dr ever!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2009

I love this Doc! Experienced and caring. His office staff is the same...

flag | Submitted March 17, 2009

Dr. Edelstein and his staff are extremely efficient, knowledgeable and thorough. I am 72 years old and have been going to Dr. Edelstein for ten years, ever since I moved here from CT. They have kept me in excellent health. I have never had any problem with their diagnosis or treatment. Their use of modern electronic technology is first rate. My office visit usually occur witin 15 - 20 minutes of my scheduled appoinment. Office, lab and waiting room are excellent. Entire staff is very professional.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

Yes, he is a compassionate, caring doctor and treats you with respect.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2008

A great physician with great interpersonal and caring skills. Office staff is very courteous, kind and devoted.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2007

Has patience to listen to problems. Doc worked with me to solve complicated medical issues according to my life style. We have a partnership where both sides have rights and obligations.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2005

Dr. Joel B. Edelstein's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1976)