Ratings for Dr. Sayeed Ikramuddin

Dr. Ikramuddin was phenomenal, a breath of fresh air in the medical world. He patiently took all the time I needed to talk through a surgery consultation — and ultimately talked me out of the surgery, suggesting lifestyle changes could give me better results. He was knowledgeable, insightful, discussed all my options, and had a friendly, warm bedside manner, not really what you normally get with surgeons. Can't say enough good about my experience with him (although I did wait for about 20 minutes to see him...).

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

Had appointment with Dr. I, but never got to see him. Would not go back there.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2014

He does what he can in a very difficult environment. Dr. I. has to fight with hospital administration, physician groups, and health insurance companies to provide patients with the care they need. At least he tries to do his best. As to the money thing, most surgeons are overpaid -- that's the industry and that should change.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

Bad experience at U o M, with Ikramuddin. He runs a surgery factory and aims to make maximum profit and publish most papers. Most of his surgeries are performed in great part by his fellows, not him. But patients are led to believe that Ikramuddin will do the surgery. Would never trust him again. He is only after money and fame, he does not care for the wellbeing of the individual patient. Really sad, because he is a gifted surgeon who could be a great doctor.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2014

He was absolutely fantastic! He is competent, thorough & extremely knowledgeable! In addition...he is caring and has great people skills! A++ (A real blessing!)

flag | Submitted March 11, 2013

Dr. Ik is never hurried during my appointments. Gives me all the information I want. He's technical but understandable. I believe he's very proficient. I'd recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2011

He is wonderful although after surgery you are kind of on your own

flag | Submitted August 29, 2008

Did very complicated arthroscopic surgery on colon. While in hospital, I had several major complications which needed constant attention. While his wife was giving birth to his child, he called from the delivery room to ascertain how I was getting along. This is only one of several examples of how caring he was during my recuperation period. In the end, everything turned out as expected and I do not have any noticeable scars from the surgery.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2007

The U of MN and Dr. I's staff were terrific! It is a life changing surgery, all for the best!!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2006

He is a wonderful doctor and has a wonderful team.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2006

Dr. Sayeed Ikramuddin's Credentials

• Albany Med Coll, Albany Ny 12208 (Grad. 1990)