Ratings for Dr. Ilona M. Carlos

Felt that Dr. Carlos was not very personable . Very cold & uninterested with working with her patient

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Please do not go to this doctor , I am so sorry I did if you do make sure to demand the usual blood tests and always ask for the numbers never see her nurse

flag | Submitted March 20, 2014

Dr. Carlos completely lacks in bedside manner. She is always in a rush. If you have any questions, she rolls her eyes at you as if you are wasting her time. She is rude. She talks down to you. NEVER AGAIN will I go back to her. Julie, her nurse practitioner however, is beyond wonderful.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2013

This doctor only cares about her insurance not going up, not about your and your baby's well-being. Unnecessary inductions and consequent epidurals are favored rsulting in a difficult, long birth and more importantly a stressed newborn. I couldn't tell you how different the behavior of a natural born (no drugs) baby is. A world of difference.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2012

I did not have pleasant experience with Dr Carlos. She does not have a good bedside manner at all. Not informative and acted like she was in a rush.Did not even answer my questions, not even one question. I could just say find a different Dr.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2012

Dr.Carlos is an ok Doctor I would say. I went to her office because it was so highly recommended online.I would not recommend it to anyone. She does always seemed rushed, and not super informative and does not really pay attention to her patients history. Julie the Nurse Practitioner is sweet and I think she would go out of her way to make a patient feel comfortable and does her best to answer all your questions never felt rushed with her. My biggest complaint is Joyce she handles the billing.I have never had problems with my insurance anywhere but here, I always have to call my insurance company and ask why something was not covered or what the problem is. I will get bills before my insurance has adjusted or improper coding.It always some mistake on billings part Then when I will call and have to speak with Joyce she just blames it all the insurance company and is terribly rude and unprofessional.Because of her I will seek another Doctor.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2012

Dr.Carlos delivered our first child and did not answer our questions about subsidized healthcare for our prenatal expenses. Instead, her staff told us to avail of their payment plan.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2011

it is true that she is quite in a rush, and i had to wait on several occasions but on my experience as a patience and being a clinic staff, this is so not unusual at all, some patients are late and takes more time that causes domino effect on dr's schedule, and sometimes someone needs an emergency appt. anyways, dr carlos delivered by first baby in st joseph. because of her expertise, i did not experience any complication, which i'm almost positive i would have, if id have another doctor. my baby's heartbeat slowed down as i was pushing, but the dr acted so quickly and accordingly that i delivered my baby perfectly. my sisted who had almost the same situation wasn't so lucky, she had to stay in labor for hours because i feel like her doctor didnt anticipate the issues properly. i had medicaid at the time but the doctor didnt treat me any differently to those who have regular insurances. now that i have bcbs, i'm staying with her and will continously. thank you Dr.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2011

Every thing you read about her in a hurry and rushing you is so true. I think she has a quota to meet per day because every visit I had with her I felt rushed. She isn't the greatest obgyn to have but she is very knowledgeable about delivering about delivering babies or so I've been told.? The people who stay with her are not willing to try a obgyn that actually cares about her patients. On a positive note the staff is great really nice friendly and they take the time to apologize if dr. Carlos is late.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2011

I am so glad Dr. Saed chose Dr. Carlos to take over his patients. She is kind and concerned. Thank you Dr. Saed.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2011

Dr. Ilona M. Carlos's Credentials

• French

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)