Ratings for Dr. Brian A. Smart

Doctor said my teenager was fine despite daily hives over one year. second opinine said she had a bad underlying infextion that was causing hives and fixed her. This doctor is a terrible communicator and didnt even take The time to ask the questions that should have been asked. Do not see this doctor. A waste of our money

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Dr. Brian A. Smart

Dr. Brian A. Smart's response
Hi, we're sorry to hear about your experience. We value your feedback and have passed your message along to the appropriate members on our team. If you wouldn’t mind, please contact us at info@dupagemd.com so we can learn more.

Submitted July 12, 2017

A quack. Misdiagnosed me and caused me grief. Go to another allergist.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

Dr. Brian A. Smart

Dr. Brian A. Smart's response
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry to hear about your experience. Patient satisfaction is very important to us and we’d like to look into this situation further. If you are willing, please contact us at info@dupagemd.com with more details.

Submitted May 7, 2017

I developed work related asthma in September 2013. He claimed I did not have asthma and it was all in my mind. Lost my job and was denied disability because of him. I recovered from the asthma without his help and I now have another job without work related asthma! Please be advised and stay away from him if you value your health.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2014

Dr. Smart is a good allergist who is willing to try different tactics to treat allergies and asthma. He has seen three of my family members and each has been happy with the service.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2011

I was able to get an appointment within days of my call. I was seen promptly at my appointment. The Dr. was a great listener and answered all my questions - even questions I had about a family member. Dr. Smart is knowledgeable and makes sure you understand the results of your tests, what follow-up should be done, etc. I was very pleased with the treatment I received and I'm glad to have found the support at this office.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2011

He misdiagnosod my child and did expensive tests that I found out were not supposed to be done. Then he wouldn't come back in and answer my questions. I waited over one hour. The stafff made up lies for him. I would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2011

This doctor and his practice is a patient factory (and HMO mill). Particularly for Pediatric Allergy, please find another doctor! They are unaware of the latest advances and completely unempathic. When I asked about an egg free flu shot for my daughter, the doctor's nurse called me back and said "doctor said there is no such thing." Actually there is, and Children's Memorial Allergy was able to tell me it is used in Europe and possibly in trails in the US. This practice is seriously the worst that medicine has to offer.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2009

Very knowledgeable, great listener, great demeanor! Great doc!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2009

great listner and very caring and helpful

flag | Submitted August 31, 2007

Great MD overall. Consistently a good listener, great bedside manner, excellent diagnostic skills. First-rate doc.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2005

Dr. Brian A. Smart's Credentials

• Duke Univ Sch Of Med, Durham Nc 27710 (Grad. 1993)