Ratings for Dr. Eric B. Rypins

Dr. Rypins was very professional and and gave thorough explanations to my questions. He came in the room and talked to me first and then left while I undressed, did the exam, and then left while I got dressed and he returned to discuss treatment.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2012

The staff in the office was extremly unprofessional, music blasting, had to keep calling to schedule n appointment. They double charged me for a visit, still waiting for my copay to be refunded. Very shady.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2011

Dr. Rypins and his staff were courteous and professional. My son did not have to wait to be seen once we arrived at the office, in fact, they went out of their way to squeeze him in so he could be seen right away. In the examination room, Dr. Rypins was very professional and explained everything to us in detail. great Experience.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2008

Dr. Rypins has not been my favorite doctor that is for sure. It was very brief and unpersonal. I was told to undress when the doctor and nurse were in the room, and they just started right away. I was so shocked and anxious, I actually fainted after the check-up. After I was thinking straight again, we talked about possible surgury in the future ... his response was No, and this was only because I am a young adult. It just seemed like he didnt want to do the surgury, so therefore, I shouldnt get it. I am going to be looking into other doctors to see. Like the first person responses, I too had to pay the total fee for the visit, even though I have a $30 copay. I am looking into my coverage to get a better feeling if this was right, but I dont think it was. Ugh, I just want to get fixed, not have to deal with shady doctors.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2007

I saw Dr. Rypins about a wound from a previous surgery that had not fully healed. He told me that it was necessary for me to have surgery no matter what or it would never heal. He casually asked me to disrobe without even asking his nurse and someone else from his office to leave the room. I found a better doctor who only have to carterize the wound and I healed up in a couple weeks saving thousands of dollars and lots of pain that I would have to go through with Dr. Rypins. Also he just seemed kind of shady. I told the ladies at the front desk that I had a 30% copay but they made me pay the whole charge regardless because they said I hadn't yet made the deductible. I explained that the copay had nothing to do with the deductible but they still charged me. Obviously my insuranced paid the 70% and then I had to fight Dr. Rypins office for my refund. Save your time and stay away.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2007

Dr. Eric B. Rypins's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1976)