Ratings for Dr. Teri Van Der Stouwe

Teri is incredible. I traveled an hour and a half out of town to see her and the other midwives for a VBAC. She always listened to me, and allowed me to make decisions without her telling me what to do. When I went to 42 weeks no one was pushy to be induced. I ended up in labor for 30 hours. Teri was on vacation, and called my room just to check on me and let me know she was thinking of me. How many care providers would do that? I ended up having a c section because of something completely unavoidable. She came to see me when she was back to work the next week, just to check on how I was doing and meet baby. She goes above and beyond what my husband and I expected. We will certainly return to her when we have another child, as I know she fully supports our choice to try for a VBA2C next time. I HIGHLY recommend her, as well as the other midwives in the practice.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2012

Teri was instrumental in helping me launch as an informed, confident mother. She really encouraged me to make informed choices, and listened to my opinions even when they were contrary to her own. While most health care professionals seem to condescend to young mothers, Teri was nothing but empowering and insightful. I cannot recommend her highly enough.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2011

Enjoyed her demeanor and bed-side manner. Teri's a great advocate for a mother-to-be.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2008

I can't wait to have another baby so I can see her regularly again!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2007

Teri is an amazing midwife and I have used her more than once. She is concerned about how a woman feels about her birth and she does everything possible to ensure a good experience. She is up front and honest with you and doesn't revert to scare tactics and intimidation to try to prove that she is in control. She offers a compassionate ear and experienced hands and lets you and your spouse dictate your own experience without needing to push her own agenda on you. It is no wonder she has the such glowing reviews. She makes the mom feel honored and important and she is capable to handle anything with a smile on her face and confidence in her ability. She is the best midwife this town has to offer and she is an asset to the natural birth movement in this area.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2007

She's actually a midwife, and not an obstetrician. She also has a free women's clinic for women who can't pay, because she strongly believes that she's helping, and that others need her help.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2005