Ratings for Dr. Sandra J. Downes

Dr Downes was excellent!!! I went to several doctors and nobody helped me with my allergies until I seen Dr. Downes. She was very professional and diagnosed me correctly. Now I can lead a normal life, thank you Dr. Downes!! John Spinale.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2015

I was in for allergy testing and I might have MS so I asked her if allergy shots would affect that. She said no but in her explanation she added that she didn't treat HIV in her office?? I'm g-a-y and DO NOT have HIV so this really struck me in a negative way. I intend to report her to the proper authorities. I did not expect bigotry from a black Doctor. I am very upset by the experience. I am seeking another allergist and I advise anyone who is against bigotry to do the same.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2014

Horrible doctor!! I told her as well as the office staff three times to contact my primary physician for my allergy records and they still did not which was convienant for them being that she wanted to run her own allergy test on me. I come in for this skin test not knowing that I already had records she still did not get after I signed paperwork. After the skin test I am told it's going to be $500? Ohhhh by the way each prick on the skin test is $5 each and I had about 60 pricks. If I was told like and patient should be aware I would not have done the skin test. I already knew I had allergies. She is money hungry and you need ear plugs just looking at her she talks so loud you will have to go see an audiologist after. Horrible do not see DR SAndRA DOWnES if anything maybe another dr in her office but she is UNETHICAL!!!!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2014

I will never again see this Doctor. Her bedside manners are rude and something to be desired. Don't think about asking questions either! I wasn't happy with the treatment or the cleanliness of the facility. Smells like mold in an Allergy Office?!

flag | Submitted April 21, 2014

Never again. The only good thing she did is diagnose what I was allergic to. However, she put me on way too much medication! At one point, I was on Zyrtec, Nasonex, and a cream that I can't recall the name of. I ended up having a nasty allergic reaction to the cream (...ironic), and that was the end of THAT. When I went to see my regular doctor about the reaction and he saw how much medication she'd put me on, he almost hit the roof! He told me to dump everything but the Zyrtec.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2013

Dr. Sandra Downes was an answer to our prayers. She treated my 2 granddaughters, Shikari and Kitara 2000-2003 timeframe, for Asthma. She was very dr-patient friendly. She listened and she provided answers to my questions. She gave us instructions to follow and we did. All was well with both girls. If I were in Florida, today, I would still be seeing her for our asthma/allergy needs. I highly recommend her to anyone searching for a reliable/competent Allergist. Robin Hoover rkhoover46@aol.com

flag | Submitted August 16, 2010

I have never been to a physician who had such poor bedside manner. She was rude, but I remained seated and listened to her discuss treatment(this was my second visit and I was explaining why I felt her recommended treatment might not be working for me). I found myself being reprimanded for not properly using the nasal spray as often as I should have. I apologized and said I would try again. Two or three apologies later as she continued to say that "people need to listen" to what she tells them to do, I finally realized that an adult shouldn't be treated this way. I said that either she was going to help me or she had to refund me my money for the visit. I was so shooken up from my appt that I cried in the car. Such a bizarre experience! She may or may not have been knowledgeable, but she definitely was not helpful. I would never, ever return to that office. Patients employ physicians, so it would be in her best interest to treat her patients with some respect.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2010

I asked a lot of questions and it seemed to irritate her. She answered my questions with as much medical terminology she could think of, so that it seemed as though she was trying to make me feel like I am too stupid to understand, so why ask these questions. When I asked her to clarify her medical words she just gave me more difficult words. When I tried to interpret the meaning behind the measurements on the allergy test, she told me something to the effect of it's not that simple, your interpretations are wrong, just listen to what I tell you because I am the doctor. She gave me a prescription and when I went to the pharmacy to fill it they looked at me like I was nuts. They said you don't need a prescription for this, this is the medicine in Claritin, and gave me a box from the regular drugstore isle. It was complete waste of my time and money to see her.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2009

Dr. Sandra J. Downes's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1995)