Ratings for Dr. Donald E. Baxter

Had bilateral bunionectomies in Febuary. He also shaved the bone spurs on top of both feet and released the perineal nerve on top of both feet. When I went back for post-op visit I asked him why my right big toe was not straight but bending towards the 2nd metatarsal and when I walk the 2nd metatarsal being towards the big toe. He made some remark about the sesamoid bones being hard to realign. I now have sharp shooting pain that radiates towards my toes. Also have a shooting pain in my right big toe where he removed the bunion. It hurts worse than before surgery. I'm now seeing a podiatrist who took xrays and found that the bone at the base of the 2nd metatarsal is subluxed and not in alignment. That's what causing my severe pain in the right foot and will require surgery to correct. Needless to say, I am not happy. Don't waste your time going to Dr Baxter. I wish I had never gone to him!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2018

The worse doctor on earth. Very offensive, demeaning and hostile for no reason whatsoever!

flag | Submitted February 8, 2018

Dr Baxter operated on both of my feet and also on my husband's ankle. We were both highly impressed with his knowledge, professionalism and his ability to help restore our quality of life. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2014

Very professional orthopedic surgeon. He took care of my neuromas with perfect resolution of my symptoms.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Baxter to get 2nd opinion on why the balls of my feet were killing me. First doc I went to was a podiatrist. Anyhow, so glad I went to see Dr. Baxter. He had a completely different diagnosis than the podiatrist. I loved Baxter's approach...very conservative and not so eager to suggest surgery as a first option. He was awesome, answered all of my questions, and came up with a course of action for my diagnosis of capsulitis of 2nd toe (he taped my 2nd/3rd toes with tape and wrote a Rx for orthotics with metatarsal pad). Zippidy-doo, done. That's a far cry from the podiatrist wanting to cut into both feet with his diagnosis of hammertoes. Baloney! I'd highly recommend Dr. Baxter...he's the go-to-guy if you have foot problems. Nice office/staff, very prompt, great location, easy parking. Athletic Orthopedics & Knee Center (AOK), 9180 Old Katy Rd, Suite 200, Houston, TX 77055. Phone 713-984-1400. They even have their own surgical center on 1st floor! Go!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2013

Doesn't say "hello" when he comes in the room, I guess he is very proud of himself!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2011

Dr. Baxter is one of the best doctors I have ever used!

flag | Submitted October 1, 2008

If you have tried the rest then go see the best. I've had over six operations on my ankles due to a car accident with a ****. I checked around and found out that Dr. Baxter has worked on Willie N., Rockets,Oilers, and olympians.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2008

Dr. Baxter has kept me walking for the last 30 years. After a car wreck and the nerve damage caused while in a hospital on the east coast. He told me what would happen and what could be done, and every thing he said would happen, happened just as he said it would. I would recomend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2008

Saw Dr, he said lots of things he could do for my broken foot. Ordered CT scan and appt to discuss results before surgery. Appt. turned out to be scheduled on Dr. day off, Monday. No apology for my taking off work on the wrong date, staff denied responsibility?? I had no choice but to reschedule. Next appt, a man came in after I had been waiting 1/2 hour or more and stated that he did not have an appointment but met the dr at the health club over the weekend and dr told him to come on in without an appointment. They took him right in and left me still waiting. When I complained about the circumstances, they acted like I was out of line for bringing it up. When Dr Baxter came in, his whole demeanor had changed toward me. He said, "Your CT scan was normal so I can't do anything for you" and left the room. No pleasantries, maybe 2 minutes. He seems to cater to wealthy male patients from his health club. I felt like a naughty child being dismissed for insubordination.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2008

Dr. Donald E. Baxter's Credentials

• Medical College Of Georgia (Grad. 1969)

UnitedHealthcare