Ratings for Dr. Laurie Ekstein

Dr. Ekstein is a great doctor and she really cares about her patients. The staff are also extremely friendly. Unfortunately, because this is a Medicaid clinic, going to see Dr. Ekstein is the last thing on earth I want to do. They are so booked that I have had to wait up to 2 days to get in to see her when I called for a sick appointment. I have never heard of a doctor not getting a child in the same day (or next morning if you call in the late afternoon). And when I do have an appointment, I have waited up to two and a half hours before I was seen. The simple fact of waiting that long is not the most frustrating part; it's the people I am surrounded by while I wait. Think of the most negatively stereotypical welfare momma clinic, and that is what this office is like. Moms screaming and cussing at their kids, dressed in clothes that only a prostitute would wear. I actually drive to the Southwest Urgent Care when my kids are sick because I would rather wait in their lobby.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2010

Dr. Laurie Ekstein's Credentials

• Boston Univ Sch Of Med, Boston Ma 02118 (Grad. 1991)