Ratings for Dr. Marc L. Citron

Dr. Citron is a very compassionate and knowledgeable doctor. When I met with him at first, I had my 5 year old daughter with me. He was extremely kind to her. He got me on Tamoxifen right away, explained the Breast Cancer (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) and my best course of treatment. He even talked to me one day when I had questions about the new treatment, Letrozole. I've been seeing him since last year, and I am completely confident with his expertise!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

I have known DrCitron for the past 18 years since my breast cancer diagnosis. He was the most wonderful caring doctor anyone could have under such traumatic circumstances. He always listened and was reassuring and compassionate. I always felt and still do that I had the best possible care through all my treatments and the last 17years of good health. I am proud to call him my doctor.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

When a doctor gives you his cell phone number and actually answers it when you call is the kind of doctor you wanT! I recently called his office because I thought I felt something again (I've had cancer twice) and he had me come right in. I was diagnosed at a young age with young children and terrified! After four months of treatment I told him that chemotherapy sounds scarier than it is. He makes it less scary, explains everything and is beyond compassionate. He never makes you wait for appointments or treatment. He doesn't want to make cancer your life when going through it and I appreciated that. If a nurse has a question for him and a patient is waiting he makes the nurse take the patient first. I have recommended him to many friends through the years and they all feel the same as me. I think his "coldness" in the other evaluations is just that he is brilliant!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

Dr Citron was the first oncologist I met with. After meeting him, I was made to feel like I was going to die that same day if I didn't run all the tests and take every treatment invented. He doesn't take any time to get to know anything about you, nor take your opinions into account. Just seems like he wants to run up your bill. Later that day, I met with another oncologist who was a breath of fresh air. She explained every option to me and was just interested in making me better not her money intake.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2015

I used dr Citrone many years ago when I was diagnosed and found him to be an excellent doctor however when I brought my newly diagnosed sister to him after her diagnosis, we got stuck in traffic on the way there and we're 15 minutes late... The staff told us we should have left earlier because the doctor doesn't like to be late..they refused to see us even though they had blocked out1 hour for us(we were 15 minutes late!!) and dr Citrone came out to tell us he was very sorry but he works until 7pm and could not afford to see us because he does not like to run late!!! I was very disappointed today and very surprised at the coolness of the staff. We were stuck in traffic because of an accident and parkway closure, tried to call but they do not turn their phones on...my sister rescheduled for next week....I would not have...shame on you!!! You made a terrifying time much worse for a newly diagnosed cancer patient!!!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2013

I think it really depends on the person's own needs when it comes to thinking he and his staff are cold or clinical. I found them to be wonderful and direct and all of my questions were answered. Cancer is terrifying and they will not give you guarantees. They will however give you the best possible care that you can receive.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2013

I found him to be very cold and left his office feeling like I was doomed. I suffered a great deal of needless anxiety after speaking with him. He was very cookie cutter and didn't offer me any options or feedback based on my personal, unique circumstance. I would go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2013

He is cold as ice, no warmth or compasion. He does all the talking and no listening when it comes to your questions or concerns and differs you to his head nurse. He is an egotistical, self centered used up has been.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2013

DR. Citron is truly a great doctor. He is concerned, caring, a listener, and treat each patient unique. He presents himself professionally at all times. May God Bless him. Mrs.Jorge

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011

Dr. Citron is simply GREAT! He is very caring and has done everything to win over my families trust and make my mother feel comfortable with our newly learned health problem. He made the calls to us personally, greeted my mother while she was doing test in the next office. His staff is as great as he is! Oncology and cancer, is very scary and he made it so much more and easier to bare.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2009

Dr. Marc L. Citron's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1974)

Avmed