Ratings for Dr. Eric H. Franks

Asked for an appointment with Dr. Franks; first available was 4 weeks away. They asked me if I would see a PA; said NO, I'll wait for the appointment with Dr. Franks as I want to see him. He treats my husband. After waiting 4 weeks, he didn't have the courtesy to even meet me. Just saw a PA. Needed xrays on my knee and they had to shoot them 4 times as they could not get it right. Canceled my followup appointment. Going to Baltimore to a professional orthopaedic surgeon. Don't waste your time.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2017

Nasty rude man. You will more likely spend time with an under educated PA while they bill your insurance for a specialist.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

An Awful Man! No Compassion! I have been there for two different problems. The first time the staff read me the CT Scan for a different patient. They told me that my body was full of crippling arthritis and then said "oops" wrong results. No apologies! Second time I was never provided a treatment plan and told my pain was a "personality issue". I will never return to this office. The staff is rude from the office workers, nursing assistants, incompetent PA's, to a surgeon with a very apparent God Complex!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

Dr. Franks is the best . Ihad my right shoulder repaired twelve tears ago, works great. Iust had the left shoulder repaired great job . ended up in the hospital 2 days later with a breathing problem He was comcerned and came to see me on a Sunday evening. this gentle is great. THANKS DOC

flag | Submitted February 28, 2015

I don't know why I have to see HIM for my knees. His assistant is nice and usually gives the injections. When I have a knee replacement it won't even be done by Dr. Franks. He told me he doesn't do replacement surgery. ?? What's up with that?

flag | Submitted July 20, 2012

Saw Dr. Franks years before for my young daughters serious shoulder problem, didn't care for bedside manner at that time and he didn't help with that problem at all. I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt (for the life of me I don't know why) as I now have a knee issue and he is suppose to be a knee specialist. After all these years he is still the same arrogant doctor I remembered, maybe worse. He has no bedside manner and is unsympathetic to your pain. He certainly did not make me want to ever see him again so I won't!!!

flag | Submitted October 31, 2011

Rude and arrogent. Does not take the time time to treat patients

flag | Submitted June 24, 2011

Dr Franks is the finest Doc I have ever seen - he took time to explain EVERYTHING to me in a professional manner (after my injury was completely misdiagnosed elsewhere) and put me on a regimen that let my shoulder (torn rotator cuff) heal naturally, without surgery.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2010

Excellent care. Took the time to explain everything to me. I had surgery on my shoulder and now I am pain free. Would recommend Dr. Franks for anyone with shoulder problems.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2008

Office is always backed up and doctor always seemed rushed and generally not interested in his patients. Went to him for treatment of a shoulder injury. Since the xrays and mri didn't show much he seemed to doubt I even had a shoulder problem and told me to just take it easy and try not to use that arm for a while. When things didn't get better, he gave me a cortisone shot and I ended up not being able to use that arm (or even move that arm) for 2 days due to the excruciating pain I was in. I ended up going to a different doctor who took the time to find out what was wrong and he treated it and I haven't had a problem since.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2007

Dr. Eric H. Franks's Credentials

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)