Dr. Micaela Aleman

Ratings for Dr. Micaela Aleman

Dr. Aleman is a brilliant, caring doctor with great experience and real-life solutions. She listens, takes a thorough history and is very no-nonsense without being abrupt. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2017

Before taking my 86 yr old mother to Dr.Aleman I read the reviews and asked other doctors about her. The other doctors recommended her highly, so I ignored the negative review and I was very happy that I did. Her staff were very attentive and sweet. Dr. Aleman is straightforward without being abrupt and took time to explain things completely to me and my mother. She was kind and thorough. If she has gotten any negative reviews, it has to be because the person was either already in a bad mood or because they did not want to hear the results of their tests. I highly recommend her. K.B., Ph.D.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

The most professional, knowledgeable doctor I have ever had. I have frequently referred friends to her with total confidence of her qualifications.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2014

NOT recommend, RUDE staff, 30 year old carpet................................................................................................

flag | Submitted February 12, 2014

I went to see Dr. Micaela Aleman for the first time last week. My vist went well. I thought her bedside manner attentive and she was very knowledgeable. I definitely recommend her.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2013

I don't question Dr. Aleman's competence at this point, but I do take issue with her bedside manner. I felt that she did not take the time to explain procedures or tests she was ordering to me. For instance, at the end of my first appointment I was told by the receptionist Dr. Aleman would be performing a cystoscopy upon my next appointment. I felt that this was something I should have discussed with the doctor, not her receptionist. Furthermore, the receptionist just handed me an info sheet in lieu of explaining the procedure. As another example, after some initial imaging, the doctor called to tell me an abnormality required additional images for a diagnosis. She told me she was ordering "x-rays". When I arrived at the imaging facility, I found out she had actually ordered a nuclear medicine scan. I firmly believe that a doctor needs to communicate her methods with the patient, and find it both insulting and worrisome when this step in the process is omitted.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2012

I felt taken care of with gentleness and experience. I would recommend her with total ass.urance of competency

flag | Submitted August 6, 2010

I have seen several urologist in Austin that would dismiss my issues. But never again!!! Dr. Aleman is the most helpful brilliant doctor you could ever ask for. The nurses at the hospital were terrible and blew me off. Dr. Aleman jumped right in and was hands on all the way. Now I refer everyone I know to her. She is truly the best!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2010

I have mixed reviews. Although I thought Dr. Aleman was very knowledgable about my condition. I did find her bedside manner to be a little too much. I went to her for bladder and UTI issues and instead I got an office visit full of lectures on my weight. I think she had to have mention my weight or losing weight every other sentence and even mention gastric bypass surgery more than 5 times. Now I am overweight and I have been working out 3-4 times a week to get my weight down, I do not need my UROLOGIST telling me to lose weight and make me feel worse about my situation then it really is. I think she needs to stick to Urology.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2009

I went for a second opinion and had my chart faxed over to her by my first Dr. When I went to my appt. with Dr. Aleman, she told me she did not get my chart from my Dr. I told her I wanted her to look at the pictures and results of my surgery that the first Dr. had done. She never saw my chart or even asked to see the results of my first Dr. or even cared to see the chart. That is why I went.She did not do an exam or even care what I had to say. She just agreed with my first Dr.'s opinion. I went to her for the first and last time. I would never let any one I care for ever see her.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2009

Dr. Micaela Aleman's Credentials

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

Delta Dental