Ratings for Dr. Donald A. Bergman

A caring and thorough Dr. Very nice bedside manner.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

Dr Bergman is awesome and saved my life. He ordered tests my General Practicioner didnt know existed. Yes there is a little wait but this guy is world renowned. He pinpointed my condition on the first visit(which resulted in a serious surgery) and worked with my other doctors to get the care I needed. I drive in from and hour away and the appointment takes all day but is worth it. If you dont like him go to somebody else so he cant devote more of his time to his non whinning patients.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

Dr. Bergman is a very good doctor. I was surprised to see the bad reviews saying all his patients are elderly who need hand holding. Hey one day you will be old too and might need some hand holding. That being said, I am a 47 year old woman on medicare due to disability and dr bergman accepts medicare! not only that but he has never asked me for a co-pay like other doctors i go to. If you review him at least get the facts right. He was recommended to me by my uncle years ago as a top doctor and i trust my uncle and also dr bergman. he has always been pleasant-

flag | Submitted August 1, 2015

I love dr. bergman more than anyone. He gave me my life back. I am so eternally grateful to him and honestly have a hard time believing the two reviews left here that are 1 star. I am a 22 year-old female with a very complex case and have found dr. bergman to be the perfect person for the job. I couldn't recommend him any higher.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2015

Dr. Bergman is a Godsend. I had seen and been treated by 4 different doctors until discovering Dr. Bergman and I'm so happy I did because he could not have come soon enough. He is the most thorough and detail-oriented physician out there, I'm sure of it. He is nothing short of a genius. True the staff is not friendly or cordial, but Dr. Bergman's skill and expertise is so outstanding that I'm willing to put up with them. I'm the type of patient whose really invested in my own case and I constantly come to him with different ideas and research &c., and am always rewarded for it. He does not stop until he finds the root problem. I honestly feel so lucky to have him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

'Dr.' Bergman is a highly overrated, arrogant, time-wasting individual.I'm in a situation which requires timely help, and he refuses to move on anything.My situation is very concerning, but he continually drags his feet, probably because I'm not the usual patient, (rich), and I don't live on park ave.After more than a few visits to his office ON park ave,(I live outside the city), I've noticed his clientel are just a bunch of 80 and 90 year olds who need their hands held.He's happy to do it and take their money, (cash only, no insurance.)Basically, he's just a guy.Just another endo.The praise he gets from some patients must be paid for, because he's rude, totally not concerned about his patients, and he needs to retire before he gets someone hurt.His staff is absolutley rude as well, they never call back, and if you leave them a message for him, please do not hold your breath for them to do their job and tell him, you will pass out.They're as nasty and pompous as he is.Have a nice day

Submitted December 13, 2012

Dr. Berdman was very thorough. I had a lot of symptoms and he did a lot of testing which was what I needed. His staff was very nice the first visit. But they are not always pleasant when talking to them on the phone. Some are professional (Dru) and some are impatient and rude (Joann, Lisa).

flag | Submitted May 30, 2012

Dr. Bergman came highly recommended by my GP of many years, whom I love. I expected to love Dr. B as well. I do not dislike him, but a few things were bad.A long wait combined with an office staff that was putting patients on hold to chat about their weekend and/or order lunch. The longer you sit in the room, the more upset you are by what is going on behind the front desk. I've never been in there when their conversation was not all about food. As for medical attention, I think Dr. Bergman's bedside manner is okay (he just repeats himself a lot) and I think he is very knowledgeable, but calling back to talk to him could take days and days depending on so many factors. Bad: the long wait, the expense and the unprofessional office staff. Good: I think he's a good doctor despite the surroundings.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2012

Absolutely horrible. He feigned he cared while shuttling me between 4 other patients. It took 2.5 hours, but nothing really happened. He only takes cash and claimed that he'd talk with me on the phone about the diagnosis, because he was too busy to look at the ultrasound while I was there. He then never took the call. It was just a giant cash-cow machine. Dr. Iven Young is excellent. I'd recommend him as an alternative.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2011

Dr. Bergman is an excellent doctor. He is extremely precise, investigates thoroughly, is willing to explain in layman's terms. I showed his reports to another doctor who was amazed at the detail and depth of the report. It's worth waiting a little bit to see him.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2011

Dr. Donald A. Bergman's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1971)