Ratings for Dr. Amitab K. Puri

I had one appointment scheduled for six months later. Time came, it was cancelled the same day, and rescheduled two months into the future. After that appointment, next was set for 9 MONTHS in the future. That day came and I received a call ONE AND A HALF HOURS prior to cancel again. Rather than waste ant more time, I spent that hour and a half finding a new pulmonologist. Mess me up once, shame on you, mess me up twice, shame on me. He may be an excellent doctor, but the administration of his practice is below terrible.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2016

If you want to stay alive stay away from Dr Puri.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

Dr. Puri is a very caring doctor. He spent the time with me and listened to me. He answered my questions. He knew my medical records and smiled. He is like a cuddly teddy bear. His receptionist was very nice...offered me a bottle of water and they had a box of chocolates that I could snack on.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2016

I live over 80 miles from Dr. Puri's office. On the first visit, I waited over an hour past the scheduled appointment time. Dr. Puri was friendly but seemed a bit distracted when he was supposed to be listening to my responses to his questions. After seeing him, I was scheduling the follow-up sleep study appointment in the reception area and heard him loudly talking into a recording device and making statements about what I said to him which were not completely accurate. I was given an appointment for a sleep study approximately one month out and when I showed up for the appointment, exactly on time at 8:30 pm, the receptionist/nurse/technician (?) asked for my name, walked to an office in the back, and returned a few moments later to inform me that although she found my name on the list, one of the computers was down and they could not conduct my sleep study. She stated that someone should have called me to let me know that the appointment was canceled. I did receive a call on the date of the appointment at 11:35 am from someone at Puri's office confirming my 8:30 pm appointment and had also received a call a few days earlier in the week also confirming the appointment. Other than the 11:35 am confirmation call on the day of the appointment, I did not receive any other calls from Puri's office letting me know that my appointment was canceled. In the end, I drove a total of 164 miles on a Friday night only to be told that I would not be participating in my scheduled sleep study. I noticed approximately five cars in the patient parking area on the night of my appointment. I can't help but wonder if Dr. Puri purposely overbooks his sleep study rooms to maximize profit, effectively running a first-come first-serve business unbeknownst to his patients. If the computer was down and they could not accommodate me on the night of my appointment, they had plenty of time to call me between 11:35 am and my appointment time of 8:30 pm.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2015

Very very rude. The doctor yelled at us for unknown reason after our appointment had been rescheduled because they claimed they didn't receive our records. This cancellation was done on the day of our appointment when we were checking in. Our primary doctor had actually sent the records 3 weeks before. Very uncomfortable feeling in this office., will not go back.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2015

Because of the office staff listing me as a NEW patient, when I was there for a follow-up, they kept us waiting for over 2 hours. The result of this foul up made us late for my sister's appointment at another doctor's office. Why I ever went back to this creep after my first visit is beyond me. He seemed to be enamored with my chest, and actually brushed the back of his hand against it. My sister was in the room with me, she can vouch for the fact it happened, and we both wonder what he might have tried had I been in the exam room alone with him. The man is a jerk. Ladies beware, if he can cop a feel, he will.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015

When Dr puri first opened he was very kind and listened. Now he has you have tests. When surgery is needed was told to go find my own. I am writing the board of ethics as now Dr puri and his new outfit cowboy boots and jeans and hat too boot very perfessional (sarcasim) he took an oath to do no harm and to leave a patient with a huge nodule or cancer to fend for them selves is wrong and he should be ashamed of himself. Would not advise anyone who asks to go to him cause all we are doing is filling his pockets. Also going to tell ins co. About what he is doing.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2015

Terrible Dr and Terrible staff!!! After making my father wait over a month for an urgent appointment to review and diagnose a nodule in his lung. The day of the appointment his office called and cancelled the appointment because Dr. Puri only glanced at the paperwork that was sent and only read the first line that stated my father had a chronic cough. His office staff was extremely rude and would not offer any solutions to the cancellation, the office managers only answer was that it was my father's fault the appt was cancelled and it was his PCP's fault the paperwork didn't scream lung nodule. This is ridiculous to read everything this Doctor has done to other patients!! Do not waist your time with this Doctor!!!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

Dr. Amitab K. Puri's Ratings HORRIBLE!!! My Mother had a 11:30 AM appointment today with Dr. Puri. Without seeing her he canceled the appointment this morning. The reason was that she would not be seen was that maybe her insurance wouldn't cover and she had seen a previous doctor. My Mom was referred to be seen by her primary care physician and Dr. Puri refused to see her. How sad to know that this is the kind of health care we have in the United States of America! Fortunately for Mom we did not have a chance to experience what these other patients have rated this "so called doctor"! After reading all of his ratings I'm thankful to God that he did cancell the apt!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

My Mother had a 11:30 AM appointment today with Dr. Puri. Without seeing her he canceled the appointment this morning. The reason was that she would not be seen was that maybe her insurance wouldn't cover and she had seen a previous doctor. My Mom was referred to be seen by her primary care physician and Dr. Puri refused to see her. How sad to know that this is the kind of health care we have in the United States of America! Unfortunately for Mom we did not have a chance to experience what these other patients have rated this "so called doctor"!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

Dr. Amitab K. Puri's Credentials

• Maulana Azad Med Coll, Univ Of Delhi, New Delhi, Delhi, India (Grad. 1990)