Ratings for Dr. Jeff M. Burnham

So very disappointed. Had you asked 3 years ago I would've told you dr. Burnham was an amazing dr! So much has changed. He truly isn't interested if you aren't an athlete. Oh and be prepared to wait at least 2 hours to see him. My family and I have gone to him for many many years and it seems like it may be time for him to retire if he's this disinterested in helping people.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

My first visit, he seemed very uninterested in why I was there, but the second visit was much better. Has tons of LSU stuff. I injured my back in a car accident, so he was a good doctor to go to for that since he has a lot of experience with injuries.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2011

He replaced my original doctor who went elsewhere, but I decided to go to Burnham since the location was convenient. He advised me that the Rx I took for my headaches was a narcotic and told me I would have to see him each month to receive refills. I had already checked out the Rx with two other physicians and four pharmacists. All told me it was not narcotic. I had no indication of becoming addicted to it. I had to change doctors in order to get my refills without monthly visits ($$$). Burnham implied I was a "weak" woman who depended on drugs to make it through the day.(Not true!) He treated a friend of mine poorly too--implying she was a poor mother when she brought her children in and then had to wait a long time after her appt was scheduled. The kids were sick and impatient. Most toddlers are like that when ill. I believe Burnham really doesn't want women or child patients. I think he only wants to be a sports doctor & should only be used for that.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

Always very friendly and professional. Very available... when I've called with minor problems, I can always get in to see him. Never had any problem with incorrect diagnosis.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2006

Totally disinterested. Failed to diagnose me when in actuality, I had a life threatening illness. I was only diagnosed by changing doctors.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2005

Dr. Jeff M. Burnham's Credentials

• University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Baton Rouge, LA