Ratings for Dr. Sandra Freeman

A person who was present at one of her sessions said that she "had too much power" over patient and took over decisions that should have been left to the family. Decisions that had nothing to do with psychiatry.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2015

Dr. Freeman overmedicates her misdiagnoses. I was a zombie under her care. I went to her for anxiety and depression, but when I left her (so called) care the MD I saw next told me Dr. Freeman had misdiagnosed me as bipolar, but medicated me as if I had schizophrenia. I spent months just getting off all the unnecessary, heavy-duty psych meds she'd prescribed.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

Very difficult to receive receipt for payment of bill. Repeatedly does not return phone calls, etc.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2011

I reported Dr. Freeman to the NC Medical Board, but they did nothing but warn her. It's been suggested I file an ethics complaint with the NC Psychiatric Association. They are supposed to be more concerned about psychiatrists' ethical and professional violations than the medical board in Raleigh. If you've had a serious problem with her (like patient abandonment), report her! Maybe then something will/can be done.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2008

Do NOT NOT NOT go to this woman. She misdiagnosed me and placed me on huge amounts of medications that I did not need. She NEVER (to this very day) returned all of my frantic phone calls when my script for lexapro ran out, I tried every one of her emergency numbers and got no response--went through terrible withdrawl. Awful, irresponsible doctor.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2007

Dr. Sandra Freeman's Credentials

• East Carolina University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

Top Hospitals in Chapel Hill, NC