Ratings for Dr. Margaret A. Echt

The staff is efficient and professional. Some may see this as cold but I prefer the direct professional approach. I’m not there to be sweet talked. Dr. Echt is average at best. While I feel that I am there for information and advice on my issues (since it’s only once a year), often all she can talk about is herself, her vacations, her family, etc. Enough already. Please learn how to listen to your patients and respond appropriately. We don’t need, or want, your self promotion.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2018

Dr. Echt performed my major surgery in November. While I was in recovery she out and out told my husband a blatant lie about my symptoms before surgery. Same day of surgery she came to my room in the hospital to inform me that she had the next day off AND would be taking the day before Thanksgiving off so important serious test results would be after that. “ Don’t call me, as soon as I know anything I will call you with results”. She NEVER called with test results OR just to see how I was doing.( 6 week recovery). Thank god I am continuing to see The ob gyn oncologist who assisted in surgery. He is excellent. I will NEVER see her again and I have many friends and acquaintances who will also stop seeing her because of the way I was treated. Dr. Echt is a self absorbed, narcissistic person with no bedside manner or compassion!

flag | Submitted December 30, 2017

if this is your first pregnancy, and you want to enjoy it-I HIGHLY recommend finding another doctor. Dr Echts bedside manner is cold and you are left feeling alone and ignorant for having any questions. Her approach is, "I'm the doctor, And you're the uneducated patient, who should not be questioning such a smart doctor, as herself." Shes impatient, very arrogant and negligent. Not once did she measure my stomach or ask how I was doing: she wants you in and out so she can make another dollar.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Horrible doctor, rude staff!! Dr. Echt is very errogant and has a rude bedside manner! She spent my entire visit looking in the mirror at herself and talking about her personal life, kids, even telling me about other patients!...Not listening to me or asking any questions like a professional doctor! My insurance covered the annual visit, however, she double billed me saying that it was more than an annual visit so now I have to pay!! Trying to dispute it and never goin to her again!!!! Would not recommend to anyone!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

I would NEVER RECOMMEND this doctor to anyone -- EVER!! She is arrogant, self serving, and doesn't listen to her patients. I had just undergone a painful surgery, and had rectal pain as a side effect. During a routine exam, and pelvic, I asked her to kindly not give me a rectal because of the pain. She did it anyway, and shocked me, by quickly shoving her finger up my anal area, and I screeched in pain. I was so upset and told her I specifically asked NOT to have that part of the exam because of my recent surgery. She said something like: "well, I was in the area, and thought I'd just complete the exam" !!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER USE THIS DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

Great amazing doctor! All these negative comments are from overly paranoid and overly sensitive people. They swear that they are her only patient and that she is their slave doctor to be there at their beckon call. Get real. She talks about random stuff to put the paranoid freaking out parents who are freaking out for no reason at ease and to not think to much into what they read all over the Internet about everything that can go wrong! She is super attentive and easy to talk to and has been a huge relief to my wife who is due soon for our first child. Wife loves her and will continue to go to her. All these bad reviews are dumb and only come from people who don't realize that people have been giving birth for MANY years with out all the help we spoiled people get now a days. Everyone who thinks this or that that she did was wrong....how do you know it's wrong of her!? Are you a doctor? No! Exactly. Go find a personal assistant to deliver your next baby and they can be your slave and feed into you worrying. This doctor = AWESOME!😉

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

I am completely shocked by all of these negative ratings. I live out of state now, however, Dr. Echt delivered my first child in Simi Valley Hospital when I lived in CA. She was, by far, my favorite doctor. She was compassionate, caring, thorough and her bedside manner was wonderful. She was sweet and had a wonderful sense of humor. I never found her to be self absorbed or rude. My daughter is turning 18 today and I remember how much I adored Dr. Echt. Sorry all of your experiences weren't as good as mine.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

I have gone to Dr. Echt for many years. She is easy to speak with, and I feel comfortable with her. Overall, her staff is friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014

I was appalled in the manner in which Dr. Echt treated my wife during the delivery of our baby boy. Dr. Echt was rude, cold and almost dropped our baby as he came out. furthermore, she wanted my wife to stop pushing in order to teach a Paramedic student how to deliver a baby. I would think that a professional doctor would rather worry about the delivery of a baby than teaching someone during a critical time.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE! I am writing the California Medical Board and filing a complaint ASAP! Everything seemed to go OK with our appointment until it was time to do the PAP. She seemed like she was in a rush, and (WARNING: TMI), shoved the interment so hard, I started crying. Then, she proceeded to hurt me more as I was wiggling in pain. Then, she had the nerve to tell me, 'I think I got it all.' after all that. Then to add insult to injury, she was extremely impatient with me as my cell phone went off in my purse. Then, she rushed out and said 'Forget it!', and slammed the door behind her. She never returned, and I left in pain for over and hour. I am seeking an attorney for damages.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2013

Dr. Margaret A. Echt's Credentials

• LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE IN SHREVEPORT (Grad. 1992)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Santa Barbara, CA