Ratings for Dr. Raymond E. O'Keefe

I had an excellent experience at this practice! My general practitioner scheduled my appointment, and there was almost no waiting period (a week or so as opposed to a few months!) The building itself is small and centrally located on Bush River Road. It has a clean, quiet waiting room and friendly staff. I filled out my paperwork and waited less than 5 minutes to be seen. I was nervous about getting a biopsy done, since it had been many years since I'd had the procedure. However, the medical staff was extremely helpful, explaining every step and answering all my questions. They provided extra literature and taught me about self-examination and prevention in the future. Even when I called back the next week, concerned about possible infection, I immediatly spoke to a real person (when does THAT ever happen in the medical field anymore?). Ms. Sherry not only alleviated my fears and offered some great advice (reminding me of a vinegar soak I was told about during my visit) but also asked that I follow up the next day. The staff at O'Keefe Dermatology is top notch; both knowledgeable and compassionate. Their commitment to patient's health and wellness is admirable in a time when the modern healthcare system has become so impersonal. I highly recommend this practice!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

The nurse practitioner is really running the practice as Dr. O'Keefe is semi-retired. She used liquid nitrogen on my face to remove age spots. 3 months later I still have bright red spots on my face. I'm sure she sprayed too long or sprayed multiple times on the same spot. When I called to report this, she said this is normal and that they will fade eventually. She did not tell me this beforehand. I would not have done this if I would have known that I would have spots for several months that are much worse than the age spots. Will not go back again. Staff are very nice and they take you on time or close to, but the nurse practitioner is not very good and has no bedside manner

flag | Submitted December 2, 2013

I was referred to Dr. O'Keefe by a friend who is a nurse. She had been so pleased with Dr. O'Keefe that she wanted my daughter (who was 12 at the time)to see him for her facial break outs. He was excellent. He explained everything in a way that we both could understand. He did not rush us out. I was so please that I sent my hubby to see him for a rash on his arm. My husband was very pleased as well.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2008

Although it has been a few years, I was completely satisfied with the staff and the doctor. I had no negative experiences at all. His nurse was especially sweet, thoughtful and helpful through my entire treatment.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2007

The nurse practitioner saw me, and she was very indifferent. I was trying to make light conversation, but she was not having that. The condition I had on my face made me very uncomfortable, and she showed no empathy. It was almost as if she was trying to shut me up so I could leave her alone, instead of being empathetic. There was another young lady in the room who made me feel better. I inquired about laser hair removal, but she immediately started to comment on how expensive that was as if she assumed I could not afford it. She pretty much told me things I already knew instead of listening to my concerns and giving me more options. I will not be back.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2006

Atrocious. Wrong Diagnosis!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2006

Seemed pressed for time. Not very patient. His nurse practicioner was aloof and indifferent. The nurse practioner minimized the feedback in regards to the medicaton I was prescibed.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2005

Has an atrocious manner with patients. Uses a very overbearing, lecturing tone. His staff is quite good and I'm usually praying to see one of them.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2005

Dr. Raymond E. O'Keefe's Credentials

• Georgetown Univ Sch Of Med, Washington Dc 20007 (Grad. 1963)

Oxford