Ratings for Dr. Dow-Chung Chi

If you want a skilled surgeon with a caring physican, he is for you.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2008

Dr. Chi while experienced and knowledgable is rude, insensitive and condescending. I wait over 2 hours almost every time I have an appt and when I finally get in, he spends no more than 3 minutes with me. In that time, you are unable to ask questions as he doesn't even ask if you have any. If you do ask and he is in a bad mood, be prepared to get an attitude.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2008

I have enormous respect for Dr. Chi. It is his skill that has kept me going. I had a very rare cancer. I know he can be somewhat abrupt, and I don't care that he is not punctual, they are very, very busy at Sloan. I'm just grateful that I crossed paths with him, that my treatment is at MSK. He has been kind and encouraging in a way, that while brief in nature, has been very meaningful to me, and I trust him.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2007

He definitely can be rushed & visits are quick & to the point, not a whole lot of time to ask questions or bring up concerns. But as a doctor, he is very, very skilled, and treated a very tricky case for me with no reoccurance. So I would def rec, despite his rushed habits.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2006

He may be knowledgable, but he is cold, insenstitve, condesending and rude. Wait times can be up to 3 hrs and he offers no apologies or explanations. When he is having a bad day, be prepared for a quick, rushed exam. He does not allow you to ask any questions and when you actually get a word in, he dismisses your concerns and makes you feel like an idiot.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2006

Had to wait over one hour after appointment time to see him. Also waited one hour lying on the surgery table before he arrived for uterine surgery.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2005

Dr. Dow-Chung Chi's Credentials

• New York Univ Sch Of Med, New York Ny 10016 (Grad. 1990)

AHC