Ratings for Dr. Ira Esformes

Dr. Esformes is knowledgeable and very kind. I would recommend him. Always try and get early appointment because he does get booked up and the wait can be a bit long. But, worth it. His staff is excellent.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2013

Dr. Esformes was extremely unprofessional when treating me. He gave me an epidural without using anesthesia. When I called because I was in tremendous pain, he called me back and gave me recommendations that were meant for another patient. He didn't remember who I was. I also felt he was very dismissive once he decided I wasn't a surgical candidate.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2012

excellant doctor, had four different operations lynda palmasano

flag | Submitted May 25, 2010

will never use this dr again. i found him to be arrogant and unresponsive to my needs.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2010

I made a follow up appointment with the doctor, it was 2 years since I had seem him. I verified with the recep. that they still take Healthnet. The day of my appointment I verified 2 hours before my appointment. I took a half a day off of work and when I signed in the receptionist says to me "you know we dont take Healthnet anymore." I waited a month for my appointment. Why couldnt she at least tell me that when I confirmed my appointment early that day.. He needs to get new receptionist..

flag | Submitted June 26, 2009

I love doc ira. he is the best doctor/surgeon/ PERSON in the entire world. i would recommend him to anyone who ever needed ortho surgery, and i wouldn't trust anyone else to ever to ortho surgery on me. he is literally my hero. over the years he has become more of a friend/father figure to me, than an actual doctor. i know he wouldn't do anything to me that he wouldn't do to his own children and i know that's how he is with all his patients, we are more than just dollar signs and case numbers. If it wasn't for his years of constant dedication and perseverance, not giving up the many times i wanted to, i wouldn't be walking today. His staff also reflects his character, they are all big hearted and caring. He is the true definition of what all doctors should be like, and if ever anyone should be awarded or 'show cased" to med students of what a doctor SHOULD be like, it should be Dr. Esformes. I love him with all my heart. In the simplest way he is like my "Patch Adams".

flag | Submitted May 23, 2009

Besides the long wait... Dr. Esformes treated me with a back injury due to a car accident.. He knew the instant he saw my xray that I would need back surgery.. because I was a 30 year old female he tried everything but in the end (year later) I had my surgery.. He is a very bright orthopedic!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2009

His staff was friendly and helpful. Dr Esformes answered all my questions in plain English so that I would understand what my issues were. He suggested a conservative approach when other orthopadists wanted to do surgery. He is NOT all about the money.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2009

Dr. Esformes has treated my entire family. Husband's knee surgery, my various ailments from hip issues, to tennis elbow and more, and most importantly is my daughter's care that she has received from this phenominal orthopedist -- she is a 13 year old star athlete and he has managed her many soccer injuries over the years. He is trustworthy, caring and extremely knowledgeable. Thank you for all you and your staff do Dr. E!!!! The Blazina Family

flag | Submitted May 16, 2008

i have been using this dr for 17 years. he tells me i need two knee replacements and two hand surgeries yet he tells me i do not have a chronic injury. hello......there are times when i cant even walk up stairs at work or hold a tool. i feel victimized. DO NOT use this orthapedist

flag | Submitted March 18, 2008

Dr. Ira Esformes's Credentials

• Albany Medical College Of Union University (Grad. 1977)

GHI