Ratings for Dr. Richard J. Castiello

An excellent doctor. Period. He's the best skin doctor I've ever been to.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2015

Three wives & I have consulted frequently over the decades; outstanding for minimalist integrity; brisk but thoro; welcomes badinage; charges near median; very well-informed v-a-v tech developments; believe snotty nurse has retired.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2011

Great Doctor. Can't believe the negative comments. Severe acne, cleared within a year. Only positive things to say about my experience.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2011

Super smart and as a result super quick. Great mole removal, mole monitoring and subtle effective botox.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2011

I was surprised to read the negative comments about Dr. Castiello. I've been going to him for years for general skin exams and like him a lot. Wait times are short, and he's efficient and proficient. He usually goes over my skin with a magnifier and lamp, and if he finds something, he gives me the choice of taking it off or leaving it, but often makes a recommendation as well depending on what something looks like to him. He's never tried to push add-on products, in fact, on a couple occasions when I've inquired about something, he's told me it wasn't needed. Like a lot of doctors, he is very bright and conversations with him can be abrupt and succinct, and some people may think that comes across as snippy or dismissive, but that's what you get when dealing with professional people who are trying to stay on schedule and don't want to chit chat or make small talk. He always has a smile and always says, "Please come back and see me next year." No complaints overall.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2011

I happen to come upon this site and see Dr. Castiello had some unpleasant comments. Well, I started going to him when I was 14 with severe acne and he completely cleared up my skin. I am 23 now, have perfect skin, and still go back to visit and pick up cleansers. The staff is so helpful and he is an amazing doctor.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2010

I went to see him,waited for 40 min.,took 5 minutes to examin me,never did a detailed exam.prescibed me drugs that it did stop working once I stopped the medication,requested a blood test he said it is not needed,went twice and the problem still exist,not recommended at all.very expensive drugs with no result.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2009

After reading the previous comments, I could hardly believe we had been to the same doctor. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The young blonde at the front was rude to the office manager and I found that bothersome since the office manager was very funny, friendly and helpful to me. Dr. Castiello is a very smart man and I found him to be a quick and knowledgable diagnostician. The treatment he recommended for my acne, including the products sold in his office, not only cleared the acne but my skin has never looked better. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to my friends, co-workers and family.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2009

I went to Dr. Castiello for acne, seborrheic dermatitis, enlarged pores and hyperpigmentation (conditions that I had already self-diagnosed). His staff is a bit rude and unprofessional. The exam itself was FAR from thorough. He simply eye-balled my skin--didn't use a magnifier, light or take samples. When I told him that I had already used (unsuccessfully) the medications that he prescribed, he simply cut me off and suggested that if I had better hygienic practices and got a new "hair-do" I wouldn't have an itchy scalp. I have locs (dreadlocks) and I wash my hair very thoroughly once a week. I tried to explain that for my hair type, once a week was more than adequate but he cut me off again, saying that I should find another way to wear my hair so that I can wash it everyday like a person washes the rest of their body! He ends up giving me 2 Rx's for acne but his staff, after the exam, tries to push me to buy ANOTHER acne product to use in addition to the Rx's. This is an AWFUL doctor!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2007

I had two visits to him for adult acne treatment.On My first visit-new patient-, I waited for 20 min. and left the office in 5min!! It was like waiting for going up for the Empire State Building!!He just looked at the acne areas on my face but he didn't do it by magnifiers or any special equipment which made me little bit suspicious. My previous dermatologists had looked at more troughly and in detail. He prescribed me some medication(Differin and some other lotion) which helped the acne clear. However he doesn't seem to care about my concerns over the acne scars on my face. He once told me that there is nothing to be done for my older ance scars!!he didn't seem to care or give me any options. I think he is an old fashioned dermatologist. He is nice and courteus but I am on the look for a more approachable doctor.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2007

Dr. Richard J. Castiello's Credentials

• Cornell University Medical College (Grad. 1967)

HIP