Ratings for Dr. Edgar S. Henriques

If it was not for this doctor/sergeon, I would not have had my beautiful baby boy. I needed a fimbrioplasty and he was one of the last doctors in the area that was experienced or even capable of this surgery. Yes, he comes across at first as if he has better things to do, but he KNOWS what he's doing and what he's talking about. you just have to unfortunately do the course of testing and treatments before they can figure out why you cannot get pregnant. It is a matter of trial and error and it's the same way with any other fertility doctor you go to. They're not going to do exploratory suregery when you walk in the door!! My baby boy is now 9 moths and I swear he is a gift from God. Doctor henriques retired the month after he did my surgery and I was never able to have him see the out-come of his surgery and I never got to thank him. I became pregnant 5 months after my surgery when I only had a 35% chance of conceiving. Thank you where ever you are!!!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2009

This doctor took personal calls in the middle of my initial consultation with him. Never seemed to volunteer information; didn't speak much. Didnt read my chart before meeting with me or know specifics but informed me on three separate occaisions he was retiring. Assigned across the board treatments without carefully studying my case--I ended up getting ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome on my first month's treatment and had to wait out several cycles because of overkill with medications. I finally did my own research about diet and insulin resistance and put my foot down about persuing natural solutions and got preg soon after. Nurses were wonderful--caring, outgoing. He retired in December 2007.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2008

Doctor was fairly good. Ordered tests to save me money before we jumped into invitro. Staff is supreme! I had 2 pregnancy's with pergonal and then a spontanous pregnancy without the help at my infants 8 month birthday. They were great. Staff does most of the work though and you don't see doc. very often.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2007

This guy is an incompetent, arrogant jerk, whose only motivation is extracting as much money as possible from women desperate to be pregnant. He always runs late, and once told me I'd waited two hours for our appointment because he'd decided to go to lunch out of town with a friend. He had no interest in finding out the source of our infertility, but wanted me to take powerful hormones ASAP. He ignored all my questions and his nurse told me "he doesn't relate well to women!" Hello! He's an RE--good career choice for a misogynist. He is responsible for the births of several sets of high order multiples, yet when questioned about it, he told me "it never happens." When I wanted a second opinion, he gave me a very hard time about getting my records. We moved onto adoption, but there are several better REs in the area.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2005

Dr. Edgar S. Henriques's Credentials

• Esc Med Cirugica De Goa Med Coll, Goa, India (Grad. 1962)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Albany, NY