Ratings for Dr. Roanne J. Wiczer

The receptionist is very rude and I was not seen on time. Do not recommend, also gives bad advice that messes up your teeth.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

Pushed night guard on me, which it turns out I didn't need. Refused to repair a crown that she screwed up. Staff used false procedure codes to try to overbill me, and so forth

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

Recommended work that wasn't necessary and did a poor job with it. My teeth haven't been the same since...and now she is coming backasking for another $5000

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

If I could give her zero stars I would. This has to be thee worst dentist office in the area. Very unprofessional in every aspect by Wiczer. We were given pricing on the first visit for a list of dental work that needed to be done and we were told that included everything she had mentioned. So we made an appointment for the second visit, we show up and come to find out the price they gave us jumped up 6 times the original price. No mention of price change until we asked how much it would cost again(I was wondering whether to put it on my credit card or debit card). She was ready to go ahead with procedure with out going over the price change until the subject was asked. It blows my mind how she thought this was normal business practice. Their lack of communication with pricing is very sketch, seems intentional and more like bait and switch.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

Dr. Wiczer has helped me through some difficult dental issues. I have been her patient for over 6 years. She is astute, follows up to ensure continuous care. She is knowledgeable and keeps up both technically and with dental/medical research. She responds promptly. Her staff is friendly and competent. She is a gifted diagnostician.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

Please do not see Dr. Wiczer! I went in for pain and was told I needed 2 root canals! Thankfully, I do have insurance, but due to the cost of living in DMV, I was not expecting this added expense. Dr. Wiczer assured me she would take care of me and allow me to make payments. Fast forward to my next appointment for the crown fitting and she handed my this extraordinary bill, with ADDED dental work that I did not need or was discussed ! She looked at me like I was crazy and expected me to pay the entire bill. I reminded her what I could pay and the payment arrangement we discussed. She decided to do work on only one crown.. meanwhile I went to the specialist and he did both root canals.. Dr. Wiczer said she allow me to pay half off the procedure for that day.. After the procedure ( which took three times for the dental assistant to mold) I go to pay and the receptionist charges me the FULL amount. She said that since I only had one fitting I had to pay the whole amount! This was not discussed! I asked her to get Dr. Wiczer and her response was, "Sorry, she is with another patient now and you have to pay the full amount." So my funds are depleted, I have only a temp crown, and I still need to have work done on the other tooth. But let me not fail to mention how UNPROFESSIONAL her staff is. No returned phone calls, when you do call you are immediately put on hold, attitude from the time you enter the office to the time you leave. PLEASE PLEASE Do yourself a favor call another dentist.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

Unfortunately I got played by this doctor again. She tells you that she will take care of you and not charge you if you come back to retouch her work. But sadly, this is not true! She will come up with some other lie to try to get your $$$. She uses her naive personality to fool you and throw some other work that you need, to make it seen that she is actually doing you a favor. Do not fall for this. I don't think she is honest with her clients before getting services done. People don't deserve to get mislead like that.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2015

I think Dr. wiczer gets a bad rap. I have come back to her, somewhat based on bad reviews! She was right about everything she said. I do grind my teeth, and ended up cracking a tooth which then needed a root canal. The dentist who did my root canal said "I think you grind your teeth." So when my plan changed, I had myself re-assigned to her office. She remembered me, did a great crown for me, and welcomed me back! She also made me a nightguard which I will wear forever. Thank you, Dr. Wiczer.

Submitted October 21, 2014

This dentist is the worst dentist I ever saw, and I have since had almost all of her work replaced. She ill-fit a 5 tooth crown (put the adhesive in it and shoved it in my mouth before seeing if it fit properly, etc) and then , after 3 months ( thinking it would "settle " had to drill the entire bridge off and start from scratch. In the meantime, she had kept a broken " temporary bridge " , which she stuck back in my mouth until the new bridge was made. The new bridge chipped after only a few months, so I sorta hid my smile for the next 5 years until my insurance would help me pay for a replacement. In those 5 years, one tooth decayed so much it couldn't be saved ( the replacement was also ill fitting) and had to be pulled, resulting in several thousands of unnecessary work that would have been avoided if she had done her job properly. On another note, she 'lol hurt you when she gives you novicane. No prep, just a mean jab. I really can't say anything good about this woman and, at the time, wished I had sued her. Oh, one more thing. Her staff are clever. They charge you for things insurance companies (mine at least) say you should not be charged for.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

Fantastic Dentist!!!!!! Dr. Wiczer takes care of my entire family and we all think she is wonderful. THANK YOU DR. WICZER

Submitted June 12, 2012