Ratings for Dr. Matthew J. Gambee

Dr Gambee was dismissive, rude, impatient and disliked being asked even the most innocuous question. Although Rebound was highly recommended, I would not recommend this doctor. He should have a job where he does not work directly with patients.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

I must agree with the others that he has horrible bedside manner. I went to 3 appointments with my husband to find out what to do about his back, the dr. insisted that it will heal itself but it has not improved much. Every time I try to explain what I see at home to help describe the situation/pain he cuts me off, says I'm wrong and then does not even look at me or acknowledge I am in the room or will not say good bye to me when we leave. I am not a rude person. I was polite and courteous to him, I don't understand his behavior. We are going to get a 2nd opinion in Sept to figure out what to do. When we go in for appointments he doesn't seem to listen to how things are changing but simply reads and reviews the prior scans or notes. I would not recommend this dr. His staff is good, they are always nice, the office wait isn't bad, typical I suppose. I like that they have late appointments and the place is very clean.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2015

Stay away from this Doctor! He has the worst bedside manners, he is rude and was very confrontational. I went into see Gambee and after waiting 25 minutes he walks in the room and says I'm not giving you anymore pain medication! I told him Doctor you must have me confused with someone else because this is the first time I have seen you and the first time I have even been in your office. He then looks at my file for about ten seconds and says it doesn't matter I'm not giving you anymore pain medication! I told him I get my pain medication from another doctor and I don't want any pain medication! I want my back fixed, he started yelling at me about pain medication again so I just got up and left! The guy has a screw loose, stay away from him.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2014

Dr. Gambee appears to be a caring doctor. He called me personally to give me some initial results, and he in my opinion seems to be very competent. I am under treatment with him at this present time.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2011

Very informative about several different situations that maybe the cause of pain. Takes time to explain a variety of conditions.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2011

I rate Dr Gambee a 0 if i could he never found the source of my problem and the last time i went to see him he was 50 min behind and made several rude comments about children with special needs. along with the 2 nurses that worked beside him. i changed dr for a second opinion and my first visit with the new doctor he knew right away what was wrong with me and has scheduled my surgery. he said the shot DR Gambee gave me would have never helped. it only made me worse.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2010

He was very thorough in locating hard to diagnose source of pain for Surgeon Ashok Modha. Results very very successful.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2007

Very professional, competent, willing to answer questions, addressed pain management. Fully explained procedure (epidural steroid injection) including risks and expected results. Good doctor.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2007

Caused nerve damage when he performed procedure.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2005

Dr. Matthew J. Gambee's Credentials

• Creighton University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)