Ratings for Dr. Carol Ways

I love Dr. Ways. Been going to her over 20 years. And her office staff treats us very nice.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

Saw her once and that was enough. Worst Dr. I have ever been too. I have been going to this office for many years and was forced to take this Dr. as my new PCP. She seems to have an issue with my depression medicine that I have been getting for years and is making me go to a psychiatrist before she'll right me another prescription! REALLY!! How humilating! Getting out of this practice as soon as I can find another Dr.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2014

I have found Dr. Ways to be very knowledgable. She has corrected several diagnoses I have received from urgent care, and she has been correct each time.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2013

Didn't take any time to get to know me on my first visit. Spent most of her time with her back to me filling out paperwork. Gave me the least thorough physical I have every had - spent less than 7 minutes with me. She has no bedside manner, was secretive and not communicative. I left with no restrictions on my discharge papers and was then held accountable for restrictions she put in place without any communication. Another person told me she was "strict", but I found her to be punitive and condescending. Will be changing doctors soon - I need someone who I can trust and talk to - she's not it. She was punctual, and I can't blame her staff, but pity them that they have to work with her.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2013

Serious no frills doctor. Straight talker, tells it like it is. Gets to the point. Does not baby people.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2010

Definitly not a cheerfull doctor. She was ok for the physicals I had with her, so I can't really complain, but I switched doctor after a few years.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2010

I would never recommend Dr. Ways. I have found her to be rather harsh in dealing with her patients. She often appears rushed and it is difficult to have an in depth medical discussion with her. It is often a challenge to get her to turn in prescription renewals. She seems very unhappy in her profession.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2009

She doesn't seem to listen well as in she seems like she is in a hurry. I went to her for something I knew I had and she just shoved paper work for blood work at me and it came back saying nothing was wrong and I am still having the problems and she saw me again and seemed frustrated with me cause I was back...I am looking for another doctor now! The ladies at the desk are not friendly either.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2007

She is very knowledgable. She is a very good Dr. I am sure, but she is hard to talk to. Not very in tune with what you are trying to tell her. She seems to be too anxious to draw her own conclussion before you are finished explaining.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2007

Horrible doctor. Didn't listen at all, did not seem the least bit interest in reassuring, helpful, experience. Wasted hours of my time by NOT listening to me about what drugs worked, and what I thought I had (which I turned out to be right, imagine that! Me having an inkling about my own body!). Did not inform me of test results, up to a month afterwards, had to call myself. Just did not give me the feeling that she cared about my health at all. Definately NOT personal, or friendly. I switched doctors right away.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2006

Dr. Carol Ways's Credentials

• Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine (Grad. 1983)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal