Ratings for Dr. Lisa C. Kaufman

Dr. Kaufman is the best Primary Care physician I've ever had or known. It appears that most of the negative comments on this site relate to the fact that her Panel is full and that she's not taking any new patients. That should tell you something about the quality of her services. I suppose she could take on more patients than she could handle however that would lead to a slew of new complaints. I consider myself fortunate to have Dr. Kaufman as my doctor and hope others are lucky enough to find a comparable primary care physician.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2010

Great West Healthcare has her listed as accepting new patients, yet when I called I found out that she is not. The office clerk was not very kind.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2009

I really like Dr. Kaufan and have been going to her for at least 8 years now. She listens,asks the right queations, and does not rush you. I have ocassionally called her with medical questions and she has taken the time to return those calls and answer my questions.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

Lisa has been my doctor for 15 years at least. She's smart, very efficient, and a good listener. Knows her stuff. She doesn't push an agenda (e.g., drugs for everything) but is willing to work with you if you prefer natural therapies.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2009

staff were horrible, wouldn't give me a referral to my gyn. while pregnant was given category c medication.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2009

Unprofessional and rude front desk. I called in to ask for a first time appointment and was told that the Dr. does not take any new patients. So, when I told her that, they should then update the website which does say, that they take new patients, she simply said "we don't take new patients!" so rude!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2009

Great doctor, very professional and caring. Her gatekeepers are quite effective as such, and will keep one frustratingly on hold for long periods before you can speak to someone to leave a message, or ask a quick question. So her organization's customer service is a week point but her medical care is first. rate.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2008

Dr. Kaufman is absolutely the best doctor I have ever used (and I am 63 with a multitude of medical problems). Caring, conscientious, knowledgeable, thorough, and articulate are insufficient words to describe her. Unfortunately, I moved to upstate NY; however, when I had a serious problem on which I received conflicting diagnoses, I flew down to DC to see her! I recommend her without any reservations.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2007

Lisa has been my doctor for many years, and she has always provided exemplary service. She is a good listener and is always glad to answer questions. I know live in Baltimore and still travel to Washington to see Dr. Kaufman. She's the best.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2006

Dr. Kaufman's practice doesn't take my insurance anymore (Aetna), but I keep going to her because I think she's a fabulous doctor. She listens carefully, is thoughtful, follows up when something is wrong, and has a sense of humor and understanding.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2006

Dr. Lisa C. Kaufman's Credentials

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

Kaiser-Permanente