Ratings for Dr. Harvey L. Benovitz

What a fantastic doctor! I got an appointment with him with in a day and he came in before normal practice hours to see me for a thyroid issue, I'm in my second trimester of pregnancy so wanted to be seen as soon as possible. Very caring and complete with his exam and questions. I called for my test results 2 days afterwards and he called me back around 8:30 in the evening! He wanted to be sure to talk to me the day I called. He goes beyond and above the call of duty and his office staff is just as fantastic as he is. I never write reviews but I've never had such a possitive experience with a doctor before...I want to give him a great big hug, he's adorable!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Benovitz by my pricary care physician and he is an excellent doctor - I couldnt be happier seeing a doctor who takes his time to see a patient and is very attentive to questions. He also is very detailed and does not rush you during the appointment.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2010

Very nice doctor--even called me with test results which never happens these days. He seems very through while doing exams as well--I most recently saw him for an annual thyroid exam and he sent me out for a sonogram even though he didn't feel any unsual lumps "just to be safe"!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2009

Dr. Benovitz is a truly exceptional doctor! After calling him due to an emergency while he was on-call one night, I was surprised to get a follow-up phone call from him the next day, inquiring if everything was okay and taken care of. As simple an act as that sounds, he is the first doctor who has ever done that! He didn't have to and I am sure he was so busy, but he made the time to and I appreciated that very much. He is the kind of doctor you want taking care of everyone you care about.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2007

I saw Dr. Benovitz years ago but had to stop for reasons of insurance, but in order to do a good turn, I agree with the other ratings. Dr. B is a humanist in the best sense of the word - a listener with deep compassion - a patient feels valued with him. I would recommend him also and have missed him.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2006

Very helpful doctor. He carefully listens to what you have to say, suggests valid options, and makes smalltalk that makes you feel more at-ease. I'd recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2006

I'd recommend Dr. Benovitz as a primary care physician to anyone. Unlike most doctors I have gone to see in the past few years, he gives his patients his full attention and doesn't do the hand-on-the-doorknob-so-stop-talking-to-me move. I went in for a physical, and he was very thorough and did not gloss over anything or any questions. And he also made small talk that indicated he actually listened to everything I was saying. I was impressed with his warmth and caring that is so rare in doctors today.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2005

Dr. Harvey L. Benovitz's Credentials

• Spanish

• Albert Einstein College Of Medicine Of Yeshiva University (Grad. 1962)

Kaiser-Permanente