Ratings for Dr. Christopher D. Casscells

Had total hip replacement. After l-1/2 yrs. still in pain and walking with cane because of horizontal fracture which was never disclosed to me. Dr. Cassells sent me for 8 wks of therapy on the fractured leg. Returned to office because of continued pain which therapists could not understand, and it was then I found out about the fracture from the x-ray he disclosed verbally (I never saw any x-ray before). He told me to take 6 weeks off from therapy and return. I did not return. I sought advice from a local orthopedic surgeon and also from a surgeon at Penn. Both concurred that the fracture was floating freely and could have been secured at the time of surgery. I am still seeing the local surgeon and had an MRI today to determine if the tendon has been compromised. I have completed another round of therapy without success. My main complaint is that I was never told about the fracture in the beginning of a long painful journey.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2012

He obviously did not want to help me. He's extremely unprofessional. Don't waste your time or money. Now I understand why his office is always empty - no patients.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2010

Dr. Casscells did an ankle stabilization on me in 1991 and I still have no pain and no scar tissue - he is just the best.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2009

Skilled surgeon. Good at explaining things. Takes time with patients. Not very patient with nursing staff at hospital however.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2005

Dr. Christopher D. Casscells's Credentials

• Yale University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Wilmington, DE