Ratings for Dr. Marilanne Johnson

I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Johnson. Having had a really horrible experience with a gynecologist from out of state five years ago, I was so scared to ever see another one. But from the start, Dr. Johnson has been so wonderful at making me feel comfortable and at ease in her office. She always makes sure I understand what she is talking about--so she likes to draw pictures to show the anatomy she is describing. She is so intelligent, always having a multitude of knowledge to share, and she does a fantastic job of sharing it so modestly; she has never made me feel dumb or inferior. I also appreciate that she doesn't make me feel weird or like there is something wrong with me when I describe my issues to her. She has been an absolute blessing while helping me over the past five months!

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

I've seen Dr. Johnson a few times. She has so far been the nicest doctor I've seen, but also has a way of making you feel extremely dumb when asking or answering questions. I'm with my first child and the lack of communication with Dupage medical group has caused me countless problems. That being said I would rather have Johnson deliver my baby than Torres!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

Great bedside manner, very efficient, honest, very nice but doesn't coddle (which I value). I was disappointed she wasn't on call when I delivered my first, and was very excited she was around for my second. And when things got medically tricky with my second birth, her professionalism was so great, I was completely unaware that she had a few concerns while I was in active labor. She handled them appropriately and efficiently and did not scare me unnecessarily. She was never been anything but professional and honest with my husband and myself, and I appreciate that. I would absolutely recommend her to others.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

I would not recommend Dr. Johnson. I have been with this practice since I was a teen. However, I had never been examined by Dr. Johnson. I brought my 17 year-old daughter for her first gynecological exam. She was experiencing very irregular and painful periods. Dr. Johnson was very rude and condescending. She treated my daughter as is she was an ignorant young girl. She made several innappropriate comments which made both of us very uncomfortable. She didn't take the time to ask any pertinent questions. Her focus was to prescribe birth control to better manage her periods and send us on our way. My daughter will not see her again, I am considering leaving the practice as well.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

Dr. Johnson is rude and condescending. She has terrible bedside manner and no regard for patient concerns. The staff of nurses at the Stratford Square office are rude and unprofessional.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2013

I think Dr. Johnson was wonderful! I was a tad bit frightened of her in the beginning, but her personality is just very firm. She's obviously very knowledgeable, and it comes through. She explains everything very thoroughly, and was very encouraging during my delivery. I'm glad to have had her as a doctor!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2012

This doctor was condescending & disingenuous, I won't be going back to her.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2012

Marilanne Johnson does not care for her patients, she refused to fill pregnancy leave form for my wife, and send her back to work with severe pain in 8 months of her pregnancy. I tried to call with her supervisor Cindy Tygart but she never answer her phone and did not call me back even I left her my phone number and the reason for my call. Stay away from this doctor and Du Page Medical group they will treat like a no human.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2011

I do not recommend dr. johnson. she was an attending physician during my labor and delivery. she came onto the maternity wing at 8 am after i had been there all night. she was short and condescending after i told her i felt very ill and weak. she told me i would be in active labor probably in a few hours, etc. and said she was ordering pitocin for me. well, she never did and i never saw her again. another dr. came on after her a few hours later who never made mention of any pitocin. guess what-i did not deliver until almost midnight that night. perhaps these dr.'s did not communicate and i was so out of it and tired i didn't know how to advocate for myself. it all pretty much started with dr. johnson's nasty attitude.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2009

Very helpful and kind. She is a lot better than Dr. Clasen at DuPage Medical Group. I have never felt rushed with her and she answered all my questions.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2009

Dr. Marilanne Johnson's Credentials

• Rush Med Coll Of Rush Univ, Chicago Il 60612 (Grad. 1992)