Ratings for Dr. Donald A. Dahlen

I waited to see if my symptoms worsened before calling the office I told them I needed to see Dr. Dahlen as soon as I could b/c I had a sinus infection and I was flying out the next day. Dr. Dahlen would not give me a prescription w/o seeing me , but would not see me because the office was having a company picnic and closing at noon. I was told by the office staff that Dr. Dahlen said I would have to go to an Urgent Care. I ended up having to spend alot of money on vacation at a med center for an exam and a Z-pack. When I got back frm my vacation I called the office manager Suzanne and told her the story. At first she was appalled then called me back and said maybe I should go to a new doctor.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2013

He is helpful in referring to specialist. He listens but you may have to get used to his style before you realize he is listening. He has a dry sense of humor. I like him but it took me awhile to come to that decision. He's not going to be good for those who think they know the answers already.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2013

Always on time. Staff is friendly and helpful. You get to talk to the nurse, not leave a message. Never a problem getting an appointment. Has late hours and in on sat.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2012

Dr dahlens neglegance and lack of full workup cost my dad his life

flag | Submitted March 27, 2012

he still hand writes prescriptions resulting in errors which results in a delay and a wasted trip to the pharmacy; will not cooperate with my mail order pharmacy when they try to contact him for authorization for refills; since the dr won't cooperate, my order gets canceled; i prefer to fax requests instead of calling so they will have an actual piece of paper to refer to, and not forgotten about like many phone calls are; i have faxed other dr.s with no problem; all the sudden it is "inappropriate" to fax dr. dahlen and his staff; well i am the patient (customer) and i prefer to fax correspondence pertaining to detailed requests; office refuses to accept my new address or phone number, insisting i come in and fill out the paperwork; he also refuses to fax me the paperwork so i can fax it back-why? because that would be convenient for me instead of having to make the trip in; at this point he is going out of his way to be cantankerous..my insurance dollars spend just as well elsewhere

flag | Submitted December 7, 2010

i was anxious to go to this dr. because of the reviews i saw on this website; the dr. i wanted to see was not seeing any more patients; so i decided to give dahlen a try; he was very pleasant; did not hesitate to give me 90 day refills instead of 30's; SO FAR, i like him very much...he is older, which i find works out better than younger in my experience...i am also a nurse and i know what to look and ask for...A+ so far!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2010

He does not like to send people to specialists. Everything is a virus.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2008

I went to him c/o heart palpitations and he didn't even bother giving me an ekg. I feel like he doesn't listen to me. I'm rushed out everytime I'm in there. I guess I'll just go home and die. I still have no idea if there is something wrong with my heart.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2007

I have known Dr. Dahlen for almost 20 years. He is very caring and will listen to your concerns. He will give you his best and if he doesn't have the answers then he will tell you this. He will not hesitate to refer a patient if it is warranted. He is very professional, a good listener, and non-judgmental. I think he is the best doctor that I have ever dealt with.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2005

Dr. Donald A. Dahlen's Credentials

• University Of Minnesota Medical School (Grad. 1979)