Ratings for Dr. Barry A. Minora

I dont know what i would have done without Dr. B Minora. He was the first of many doctors in my lifetime to explain my Heart Condition to me . My own Mom was so grateful for this.As am I thank you Doc!!And your great staff PG

flag | Submitted November 1, 2011

Both my husband and I have difficult and rare medical conditions. When a problem arose with me Dr. Minora listened to me and ordered the necessary tests which proved that I had a rare blood disorder which was promptly treated. Another Dr., who I had previously consulted for this same problem, had refused to order more tests even though I was having dizzy spells. Dr. Minora is very attentive and spends alot of time with each patient which is a rarity nowadays. He refers you to specialists when necessary. He reminds me of the doctor that my mom took me to as a child. You don't get doctors like this anymore...

flag | Submitted January 14, 2011

Dr. Barry Minora is my stepfather who raised me as his own son and I find it hurtful that anyone could write such clearly untrue and hurtful words about his practice of medicine and the care that he provides. Barry is likely the most attentive and compassionate person I will likely meet and I am confident you or your family member could not be better served by this family doctor. I would encourage anyone to seek him out as their own personal physician, and trust my own self, wife and his two grand-kids with his advice. mikemoranatl@yahoo.com

flag | Submitted December 7, 2010

Excellent doctor. Monitored care and test results that came from my OB. Picked up on issues on multiple occasions that were indicated on test results but overlooked by the busy OB office. He listens, he cares, and he treats appropriately. What more does anyone need?

flag | Submitted April 19, 2010

Dr. Minora's office is BY FAR the worst doctor's office I have ever heard of, been to, or even read about. It is literally like the man hires the meanest, most obnoxious, snobbiest staff he can find. I am in UTTER disbelief that this office manages to stay open. Trying to get them to send a letter to my insurance company about a simple checkup I had has been a two month long endeavor involving calls, emails, and now interstate travel away from work and back to Scranton to physically go into their office and plead with them to send a simple letter. They office staff at Minora’s office are truly deplorable and incompetent human beings.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2010

I HAVE BEEN A PATIENT OF DR MINORA SINCE HE STARTED HIS PRACTICE.IVE FOUND HIM COMPENTANT COMPASSIONATE .IN ONE INSTANCE I HAD A BOWEL OBSTRUCTION,WHICH INCLUDED RESPIRTORY DISTRESS ,KIDNEY FAILURE ECT IF DR MINORA DID NOT HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE HE DOES .I WOULD NOT BE RATEING HIM NOW.I WOULDRECCOMEND HIM WITHOUT EVEN THINKING.HE IS NOT A PILL PUSHER.YOU ONLY GET WHAT IS NECESSARY TO TREAT YOUR CONDITION.HE COMES FROM A DAD THAT WAS A MD FOR LOTS OF YEARS.HIS DAD WAS ALSO MY WIFE&MY DR.IM PROUD TO HAVE THE FAMILY TEACHING IN MY CORNER.WHEN YOU TRY TO REACH DR ON WEEKENDS OR HOLIDAYS.YOU HEAR FROM HIM IN NO LESS THAN 20 MINUTES AFTER HIS SERVICE GETS YOUR CALL.WHEN YOU GO TO THE OFFICE FOR AN APPOINTMENT,YOUARE SEEN IN A SHORT TIME.IF HE IS CAREING FOR ANOTHER PATIENT,WHO HAS A SEVERE PROBLEM.ILL WAIT HOW EVER LONG IT TAKES BECAUSE I KNOW IF I NEEDED URGENT CARE I WOULD GET HIS UNDIVIDED ATTENTION AND SOMEONE ELSE WOULD BE WAITING.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2008

I wasn't feeling well for the longest time, I kept on getting really bad headaches. Dr. Barry Minora, said to take all this kind of meds. at once, so I did, and I passed out, I was in a coma. I tried to get into an app. the staff said he was full, he couldn't see me. I see a new doctor, and he is the most helpful, and patient doctor ever. I am now on the way to recover, I was told by my new doctor that Dr. Minora over dosed me on too much meds.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2008

I always had to fight with his staff just to get seen. I was pregnant, and he actually told me if I took tylenol and my baby came out with a problem, then it was my fault. I had a prescription that I went to pick up at the pharmacy. I was told that he cancelled it, w/o my knowledge. When I tried to get a reason, his staff was incredibly rude, and they wouldn't give me a reason. He completely wrote off my need for testing for a disease that I have a very strong family history of. EVery appt. was a fight, I never felt like I was in good hands. Please save yourself trouble and bad health. Don't use him!

flag | Submitted December 15, 2006

Worst doctor in the Northeat Pennsylvania!! I had to diagnose every medical problem myself, especially my RSD *Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy* which is an extremely painful neuro-muscular condition. I had complained for 6 years about my pain and he told me to "Take Walks". If I had been treated faster, it would not have spread throughout my entire body. Also, it is a condition that requires pain killers. He gave me pills that did not help the pain (even when I told him), and that was only on occassion being that he thinks that people can live with severe pain.... Being that I have many conditions, he complained that I needed too many perscriptions. Once, I needed a refill on insulin syringes (being a type 1 Diabetic) and told me he was not going to give me the refill, I then said to him, "What am I suposed to do?? Drink my insulin??". Do not go to this doctor, or you will regretit. Only reason I stayed so long was that this area doesn't have alot of doctor...

flag | Submitted November 30, 2005

Dr. Barry A. Minora's Credentials

• Univ Auto De Guadalajara, Fac De Med, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico (Grad. 1987)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Scranton, PA