Ratings for Dr. David Orr Thayer

Dr Thayer solved all my health issues and was patient and supportive. I had seen many doctors before him but he is the best! Extremely grateful for how he has helped me regain a normal life.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2016

I've never had an on-time appointment with this doctor. I really liked one of his nurse practitioners, but wasn't sure about another who kept checking her text messages during an exam. I complained to the office manager and she said "it never happened". Doctor left my blood iron levels at dangerous levels for years and kept telling me "take more iron", even though I was loosing hair, had three miscarriages, had blue nail beds and was passing out. I finally ended up in ER only to find my crit was at 4.2 (I had 20% of the blood I was supposed to have). This was a week and a half after seeing him and being told I was ok. I never would have been able to carry a baby with iron levels that low. I should have sued. He seems like a gentle man, but be warned after my experiences with him I'd say it's a complete facade. He is not a good doctor. Trusting him could ruin or end your life.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2013

This office is disorganized and has terrible communication. Once they even put me in a room that hadn't been cleaned from previous patients. I have typically waited a 1/2 hour or more past my appointment time to actually see a doctor. Then my appointment is rushed because they tell me they are running begind. Today I showed up 15 minutes early for my appointment as requested only to be told my appointment was canceled. No one called me about it. In fact the last communication I received from them was a call confirming my appointment. I will not be returning to this practice.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2012

This Dr gives seminars on bio-identical hormones. For two years I continued to have hot flashes despite the dosage changes. I think he is a quack with a limited understanding of women hormones.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2011

The office never followed up on abnormal lab results. I know for a fact the nurse practicioner I saw had the results, and I called twice to make sure they knew I needed follow up, but she couldn't be bothered to let me know I was suddenly diabetic!

flag | Submitted January 21, 2010

They made me wait in both the waiting room and the private room, for a total of 30 minutes (after I got there 15 minutes early, per their check in requirements). I didn't get any physical exam at all, except for BP and a weigh in. I talked to the nurse for probably 6 minutes, and then to the Dr for about 15 minutes. He told me a bunch of information that I had already read on the internet. He ordered 2 blood tests, told me to come back in a month and charged me 300.00. Ridiculous. I will not be back as the follow up was also very expensive. This sort of thing really stresses me out. It just feels wrong.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2009

Dr. David Orr Thayer's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1975)