Dr. Neil Gonter

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Neil Gonter

great experience, smart and caring . Top guy in his field. SOOO knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2019

Excellent listener, so caring! would recommend to all

flag | Submitted August 24, 2018

Excellent listener, so caring! would recommend to all

flag | Submitted July 15, 2018

I have ALWAYS had a great experiences with Dr Gonter. He listens to me and my concerns and we both try to find solutions!! He is a wonderful team player.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2018

Dr Gonter is extremely knowledgeable, compassionate and kind. I trusted him from the first time I met him and consider myself to be the luckiest person alive to be in his care. He makes sure all boxes are ticked, all tests done and you know what to do. His knowledge, experience and positive outlook calmed me down and made me see that whatever comes next in my illness, we will fight it together successfully. I recommend him very highly! In terms of his staff, it really depends on a person - when I called for the first time, the lady answering was quite brush and short with me, but when I came in everyone was very friendly, kind and professional. I guess anyone can have a bad day once in a while.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2018

Dr. Gonter is a Knowledgeable, compassionate, dedicated physician and an attentive listener. He has been caring for me for more than 15 years and is always patient, available and on the cutting edge of what is happening in his field. He takes his time, explains everything, makes certain you understand his explanations. He is always accessible even after hours. I would also like to commend Talia, Cheryl and Joanne for their services.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

Had a really great experience at this office. Dr. Gonter is smart, caring, and a great listener and diagnostician. He treated me above and beyond any other experience ever receive there any doctors office. Would highly recommend . Also note, I had out of network insurance and the office handled this so well that it probably cost me less than being in network.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2018

Good experience - knowlegeable doctor. Beaut for new patient a bit long >30 min but otherwise pleasant staff.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2018

Dr Gonter accurately diagnosed me after several years of horrid pain. He is an excellent diagnostician and clinician. He genuinely cares about his patients! He takes great care of me!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

What a great experience! This is the first physician who really cared and gave me time to listen and get the right diagnosis. He is smart, caring, warm, patient and very respectable. I am so happy I found him!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

Dr. Neil Gonter's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Gonter received his M.D. degree from SUNY Syracuse. He performed his residency in Internal Medicine at UMDNJ at Newark and fellowship in rheumatology at SUNY Downstate in Brooklyn. Dr. Gonter is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons in New York City and is active on the voluntary teaching staff there attending clinics and consultations. He has been elected many times to NJ Top Doctors as well as the prestigious Castle Connolly Top Doctors. Dr. Gonter is board certified in rheumatology and has served as a primary investigator in numerous clinical research studies in rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, gout, SLE, and osteoporosis for academic institutions as well as pharmaceutical companies. He has written a blog on osteoporosis for a few years and has been interviewed for many media outlets including CBS in NY, U.S. News and World reports and News 12 NJ, among others.

• English
  • Spanish

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Syracuse, Coll Of Med, Syracuse Ny 13210 (Grad. 1998)

UnitedHealthcare