Ratings for Dr. Kevin D. Accola

Excellent team Best surgeon around. Recommend this surgeon to all my friends

flag | Submitted August 8, 2015

My husband had his bovine tissue aorta valve replaced by Dr Accola. His valve was only 11 yrs old (originally replaced in another state). Needless to say we were very scared since his first experience was horrible and was told a 2nd one would be risky. He was also told it would have to be a mechanical valve. We shared this with Dr Accola and he immediately put us at ease. We felt comfortable with Dr Accola from the moment he stepped in the exam room. Not only is he a world renowned surgeon but has excellent bedside manner! We are so pleased with the care my husband received from Dr Accola and his office staff. Not only did he replace his valve with another bovine tissue valve but my husband did not have complications like the first time. Dr Accola is patient, has a sense of humor, shows interest in your personal life, yet very professional. We will definitely be recommending him! Thank you Dr Accola!!!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

Dr.Accola performed my mother's quad by-pass 10 yrs ago. He & his team were excellent. He took time to explain thing to me in every day terms, making sure I had a complete understanding of what he was telling me.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2013

Fast,smart and clean. A team player and the patients love him

flag | Submitted July 14, 2012

Dr. Accola did my valve replacement almost 7 years ago. Considering the type of surgery, it was "a walk in the Park" which I can only attribute to his skill. From the moment I met him to his visit with me before I was wheeled into the OR, I knew I was in good hands. My "zipper" is barely noticable which is another kudo attributable to his skill as a surgeon. I know I will have to have this done again. I hope and pray that Dr. Accola is still practicing when that time comes.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2012

I can't believe this. At 7:16 PM on Saturday December 10, 2011, I e-mailed Dr. Accola a request for information concerning when an aortic valve should be replaced and if he would accept me as a patient. At 5:58 AM on Sunday December 11, I received a response from Dr. Accola himself (not his office) suggesting that I come to see him on Monday December 12. Upon visiting him he answered both questions, "Yes" he would accept me as a patient and "now" was the time to operate. Bingo! in no time at all Dr. Accola answered the questions that I had been trying to resolve since 2008. What is more, seeing that I was a little nervous he calmed my fears instantly in para- phrasing Matthew 14:27, "Be of good cheer, it is I, be not afraid". Visiting Dr. Accola and his staff are the best!!

flag | Submitted December 13, 2011

Terrific Doctor. My wife had 2x bi pass surgery. He followed up after operation and made sure hosp. steff took care. The BEST.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2009

Unbelievable doctor and team. Very blessed man that will care and lift your spirits.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2009

My mother just had triple bypass, and Dr. Accola was extremely compassionate and caring while still remaining professional. He made all the difference in how my family coped with the surprise of my mother's surgery. I can't say enough good things about him.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2009

My mom, at 83, had quadruple cardiac bypass surgery performed by Dr. Accola. I knew his reputation as a surgeon because he did a quintuple cardiac bypass on my father-in-law last year. His bedside manner was the best and my mom went into surgery very relaxed and confident. All went great and she's back to most of her activities after only 3 1/2 weeks.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2009

Dr. Kevin D. Accola's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1984)

Commercial Insurance Company