Ratings for Dr. Sarah Alice Hood

Dr. Hood is very knowledgeable. Very. But all of the other foolishness makes it hard for me to get there. I've had better service at Wendy's than I did at this supposed "boutique" practice. Dr. Hood is not punctual. Her staff is not helpful. I had a miscarriage four weeks ago. From the moment I found out I was pregnant up and through now when I'm still waiting on test results from a test I took last week, this has been horrible. Google has been a better doctor to me than this woman. Her nurse has an attitude problem. She's always too busy to actually talk to me. I am still having complications that I can't get seen because her staff doesn't think it's bad enough to schedule me an appointment. I really like Dr. Hood. I can look past her punctuality issue because she is a good doctor. Her staff however is the reason I'm seeking another doctor--with haste.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

I arrived 20 minutes early for an 8am appointment, had all my paperwork filled out beforehand, and was the first patient to arrive in the office. At 8:25, I told a staff member that I had to be out of the office by 8:45 to get to work on time. They called me in to take my vitals, but then sent me out to wait again. I decided at 8:40 that I would have to reschedule. The nurse called my name at 8:43, but I had to leave for work. It took ten more minutes on top of that for the receptionist to reschedule me before realizing I'd have to wait more than a week for another 8am appointment, so I just requested a refund. I basically woke up earlier to drive in from Kennesaw, wasted gas (I usually take the bus to work), sat in an office for an hour, paid a $5 parking fee, and was still late to work for nothing. Not a single apology from anyone in the office either. Being a great doctor does not excuse gross disrespect of a patient's time.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2011

flag | Submitted March 1, 2011

I switched to Dr. Hood and have been with her for 4 years now. They have a lot of patients so they can run a little behind. However, she is very knowledgable and helpful. Love her!

flag | Submitted November 23, 2010

The office tends to run behind schedule, but Dr. Hood is a great dr. I highly reccomend this practice group. This is a great group if you are planning on delivering at Piedmont.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr. Hood is a wonderful doctor. I switched to her becasue I have some friends in the medical field who highly suggested that I go to her. Her "bed side" manner is excellent and she is very intelligent. Even with my several miscarriages she has encouraged me every step of the way. I'm now pregnant and looking forward to Dr. Hood delivering my baby!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2009

I have seen her twice as part of a practice. Both times she's not paid attention to my weight gain and been defensive when I asked her questions about weight/safety of medications. I really hope she's not on call in L&D after the previous poster--I will will the baby to stay put if so!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2007

Left during the labor and never showed up. The nurse delivered the baby

flag | Submitted April 5, 2007

Very wonderful! Love the practice!!! All the doctors are great!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2006

Wonderful practice, excellent during delivery, handled anxious family members adroitly.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2005

Dr. Sarah Alice Hood's Credentials

• Medical College Of Georgia (Grad. 2000)