Ratings for Dr. Randall K. Wexler

I had awful help on the phone with the admin/nurse. It was as though she was attempting to push against anything that I asked of her. I was a patient with Dr. Wexler for 15 years and I will not be going back.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2013

Dr. Wexler is caring, concerned, smart, knowledgeable, listens, takes time, coordinates care with specialists and other health professionals, and overall is everything a person could ask for in a primary care physician.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Wexler for 11+ years and have been extremely happy with his skills and concern for my well being. I have never found him to be unconcerned nor not to ask if I had questions or other issues I would like to discuss. Unlike some others I have found him to be pleasant yet straight forward and to the point. If you need multiple issues addressed in a visit say so when making the appointment you'll get it. If you blind side him you probably won't. You're not just asking for additional time from him but every patient that follows you and I happen to appreciate being able to make an appointment knowing I won't be sitting in a waitng room for 2-3 hours. If you want babied and coddled call your mother, if you want good prompt medical care then call Dr. Wexler

flag | Submitted July 6, 2012

I had a terrible experience here. It is amazing that a doctor's office like this has any patients left. They expect you to show up 30 minutes early for your appointment but don't tell you this. The 30 minutes is to fill out 2 pieces of paper. Obviously, the doctor does not think his patients time is as important as his. His staff is very rude and stares blankly when you ask them a question. One of them was literally a mouth breather. I hardly trust them with my confidential medical information.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2010

does not care about patients. makes you schedule a 2nd appointment if you have more than one issue. very bad bedside mannors, in capable of folowups on labs. acts like you are wasting his time. if he does diagnose you with an illness, provides absoltely no counseling other than this is what you have, he just dosent care about anything but how much money he can make, office is always jam packed, and it takes 2-3 weeks to get in, by then your problem is gone, what a wate of a degree, he is assosciated with OSU family practice in gahanna. avoid at all costs. and dont dare ask for oyour medical records for a new doctor, they will never release them. sounds kinds hinky to me

flag | Submitted June 12, 2010

I am pretty picky about doctors and had a hard time finding one in Columbus I really liked. Dr. Wexler always has time for my questions and is concerned for my well being. He has made great referrals too. Won't go to see anyone else.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2010

Dr. Wexler has been my doctor since 2003. He and his staff have always been professional and provided me with the best care. When I had problems with my stomach, Dr. Wexler ordered a series of tests and referred me to a specialist for treatment. He has also kept a close eye on my cholesterol, blood pressure and liver functions since I take cholesterol medicine. I am pleased with Dr. Wexler's medical expertise as well as his professionalism.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2009

Sorry to see this doctor is still around. Stopped going to him because he he seemed to have more important things to do.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2009

Patient for 10+ yrs. Always seen on time, no matter what location I used. However, I will be switching MDs because my last visit was horrible. I was used to the 3 minutes or less visit, but I can't even describe how low my self-esteem was after this particular visit after being rushed, not allowed questions or discussions, and having not been advised by the medical staff just how long my visit was allowed to be so - I didn't ask for a same day appointment, and as a HDHP, I am not making multiple trips across town for each single issue. If I feel ignored, put down, jerked around and made to feel like I'm the bad person for having a couple different health issues, then I can find a new MD closer to home for the same service. Or, hopefully, I've found an MD now that's willing to spend the extra 60 seconds talking to me. That's how bad I felt that I would change MDs and health systems after a 10 year relationship.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2009

Dr. Wexler is great. He's takes the time to understand if the current problem may be related to an on-going chronic illness I have. The office staff are not as nice as when he was downtown but he has remained excellent.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2009

Dr. Randall K. Wexler's Credentials

• Wright State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)